Hacking WiiFlow

ThaDraGun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Since Ive updated to 4.2u I cant get WiiFlow to work. Any game I try to play doesnt load. It just shows a black screen and freezes. I end up having to power off by pressing the button on the wii console.

If I start a game in USB Loader GX, or even if I just start a game from the Game channels that I created on the wii menu it works just fine.
Only having problem in WiiFlow.

Any Ideas how to fix it???

Gavry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How did you do the update to 4.2?

Official?

If so you have lost your CIOS 222, 223 & 249 which is what you need to use ANY USB loader.

Check the Wii Hacking section for lots of information about this.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gavry said:
How did you do the update to 4.2?

Official?

If so you have lost your CIOS 222, 223 & 249 which is what you need to use ANY USB loader.

Check the Wii Hacking section for lots of information about this.

Read what he said. He CAN run games in GX...meaning his cIOS is not gone. I have yet to try WiiFlow on v4.2, but maybe it's a good idea to wait for 1.1. Hibern has already stated that he fixed something major that should eliminate the black screen on game load issue.

ThaDraGun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I didnt update through Nintendo. Cant wait for 1.1 to be released. Wiiflow is awesome, it sucks that it doesnt work on this wii now.
Hopefully it doesnt come too late on sunday. Im setting it all up for a friend and he has to go back home tomorrow.

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
@ jceggbert5

i think you understood my post,
you said there is a 1% chance of bricking a wii using Wiiflow NOT me, i said there is 0% chance, meaning it would NEVER brick a wii unlike your 1% theory which still leaves that 1% brick possibility.
its intention is to play backups. if Hibern wanted to brick a wii with Wiiflow then i think he could but personally i dont think hes that devios.

I am not trying to offend you or anyone else, but some HomeBrew (I'm looking at you AnyTitleDeleter and WadManager) has a high risk of brick if not used responsibly (AKA BootMii and Preloader).

I am not saying that anyone is going to brick from this, but if not used responsibly (like overscrubbing, or removing files from discs that shouldn't be removed, or replacing files on the disc with...corrupted ones, etc.) This goes for all regular, USB, and GameCube backup launchers...

Like I said, I'm not trying to offend you, just stating facts.

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
jceggbert5 said:
(I'm looking at you AnyTitleDeleter and WadManager) has a high risk of brick

these are bad examples , it's not the apps that can brick your wii , but the stupid things that users could do with it (like deleting ioses or system menu).......

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
JDTan said:
pepxl said:
JDTan said:
Wow thanks for the reply guys, will 1.1 fix the PAL problem to? when the game exit it freezes? tnx

Make sure in Wiiflows main settings that "Exit To Menu" is on, that should solves the black screen on exits

check it's on, my problem only happen on PAL version games. but if NTSC the problem doest occur
that's odd?
blink.gif
PAL or NTSC, i don't encounter this problem using wiiflow

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jceggbert5 said:
I am not saying that anyone is going to brick from this, but if not used responsibly (like overscrubbing, or removing files from discs that shouldn't be removed, or replacing files on the disc with...corrupted ones, etc.) This goes for all regular, USB, and GameCube backup launchers...

Like I said, I'm not trying to offend you, just stating facts.

The things you listed above can cause a game not to work properly, but they can't brick a Wii. While I doubt you're offending anybody, you're also not stating facts.

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
Benjay said:
jceggbert5 said:
(I'm looking at you AnyTitleDeleter and WadManager) has a high risk of brick

these are bad examples , it's not the apps that can brick your wii , but the stupid things that users could do with it (like deleting ioses or system menu).......

Did you not see the part: "IF NOT USED RESPONSIBLY" IMMEDIATELY afterward... or carefully, or whatever you want to call it.

If you're pointing fingers, the HACKMII INSTALLER has a low to moderate risk of brick too... Power Failures still exist, you know... Now that I think about it, OFFICIAL updates can kill 'em too... AND WadManager (1.2 and below) sometimes glitched up while installing the banner... (at least it did for me... thank GOODNESS for PreLoader)

kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
can anyone else on 4.2 replicate this issue with WiiFlow or is it soley isolated to one user?

i take it you updated via Waninkoko's .dol?

can you come to #WiiFlow on EFnet on IRC for more direct support please dude

ThaDraGun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ThaDraGun said:
Since Ive updated to 4.2u I cant get WiiFlow to work. Any game I try to play doesnt load. It just shows a black screen and freezes. I end up having to power off by pressing the button on the wii console.

QUOTE(kLiNiKaL @ Oct 4 2009, 02:27 PM) can anyone else on 4.2 replicate this issue with WiiFlow or is it soley isolated to one user?

i take it you updated via Waninkoko's .dol?

can you come to #WiiFlow on EFnet on IRC for more direct support please dude

I figured out how to fix it.
I was only using 1.0 and I updated to 1.0D and it now works fine.

PizzaPino

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
download links are up

for the full edition

probably he's still uploading the file, cause i'm getting errors that the rar hasn't finished. and the later i dl it, the more files i get.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Pakatus said:
ITs the superman of usb loaders
smile.gif
Depends...maybe in the Look, but for shure not in the Features. There's still some that are missing (Update straight from Loader, Cheats (Download, create), etc...). If he "only" fixed the Black-Screen Bug (which I never had), I'll probably will still switch between CFG and this one...I need sometimes Offline cheats..just more fun
tongue.gif

Come on Hibern, throw some Features in
ph34r.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is a pain sometimes
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Now that they decided to add Tiger handheld and fruit machines.... Newer sets are worthless
    Because who doesn't want to emulate Halo LCD by Tiger when the machine needed to emulate it... Could just play Halo....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Batocera has some tiger games
    I don't have them on mine Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Waste of the 128kb they take
    +1
    Tiger handhelds are good for one thing.... Occupying space in a landfill
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They make good burning plastic
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Makes me wonder if the Pi5 can play PS2? If there's even a core for it yet.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pi5 should be able to do ps2
    Try Dragon Quest VIII it ran perfectly on a core 2 Duo I had
    Easiest game to run I found
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps2 emulation is cake compared to 3 years ago
    Hardest is probably Gran Turismo 4
    It's much better now yes but Gran Turismo 4 is still the hardest one to emulate that I have in my collection
    Runs perfectly fine but it's as if I can feel it always on the boarder line of dropping a frame lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I ordered a spin ball couple days ago to add to my arcade cabinet, will be nice for games like golden tee, or bowling
    I always wanted a controller for like Ikari Warriors, Time Soldiers, Heavy Barrel, Forgotten Worlds games like those
    +1
    Not even sure what to call that controller
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    an online friend I've known since 2021 left me :( bc my attitude is "cutty"
    Sylvester Stallone should have played Kyle Reese lol Arnold still as the Terminator
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    TF DOES "CUTTY" EVEN MEAN?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, he is peruvian so it's probably an idiom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought Cutty was a west coast rapper
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I thought Cutty was a west coast rapper