Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing new or anything else has been created. After a fresh install, it seems to not save a wiiflow.ini file in apps/wiiflow nor does it want to read an older .ini file as well. I'm using the last 3 WiiFlow revs I had saved. I don't think it's them so what else could it be??

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing new or anything else has been created. After a fresh install, it seems to not save a wiiflow.ini file in apps/wiiflow nor does it want to read an older .ini file as well. I'm using the last 3 WiiFlow revs I had saved. I don't think it's them so what else could it be??
I think... I THINK, that in addition to having the "use b for source" button enabled in wiiflow, you also need to change the option in the ini that lets it be used at all.

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I'm not compiling them, just used the links on google that fix linked us with. I'm gonna try to use another link from the google source and see if that helps.

*So that didn't work either. It goes to boot WiiFlow and then it crashes just to restart and then crashes again non-stop. I don't get it. Everything was fine when I last left it, now I can't even get in Wiiflow.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
U already tried renaming your root WiiFlow folder and ini file right? If u did then u might want to try to use WiiFlow Start Configurator to set your startup cIOS to 249. if that doesn't work chkdsk your drive. I hope u can figure it out soon.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I'm not compiling them, just used the links on google that fix linked us with. I'm gonna try to use another link from the google source and see if that helps.

*So that didn't work either. It goes to boot WiiFlow and then it crashes just to restart and then crashes again non-stop. I don't get it. Everything was fine when I last left it, now I can't even get in Wiiflow.
hey just in case you dont know the newer versions of wiiflow require more than just the boot dol file. you need the 'out' folder with images and the booter dol. see r1048. if you try a new version without that folder and extra files wiiflow will just crash and restart. just pointing this out in case you missed it

Apostrophe

VIDEO GAMES
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone else experiencing issues with the wiiflow plugins? Specifically the Snes9xGx and VbaGX plugins.

I noticed Snes games freezing every now and then and Gba games freezing even more frequently. I switched the ROMs from the USB to the SD and noticed the freezing almost entirely stopping, with just a few freezes here in there with VbaGX.

I don't have this problem using the actual apps themselves, just the wiiflow plugin versions.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone else experiencing issues with the wiiflow plugins? Specifically the Snes9xGx and VbaGX plugins.

I noticed Snes games freezing every now and then and Gba games freezing even more frequently. I switched the ROMs from the USB to the SD and noticed the freezing almost entirely stopping, with just a few freezes here in there with VbaGX.

I don't have this problem using the actual apps themselves, just the wiiflow plugin versions.

What sized drive are they running on?

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i finally got back to compiling r1074...don't know why it was different this time, but now it compiles without issue on the latest DevKitPPC and latest libogc.... thanks to those who reported back to keep me on point :)

also, i don't know if this is a known issue or just a 'me' issue.... i get a consistent dump while exiting Nintendont GC games with the Z+R+B+d-pad down button combo (when launched from wiiflow). i assume it's a wiiflow dump as it happens during the wiiflow splash screen after exiting any GC game. it happens with r1074 i compiled, the r1074 Fix94 uploaded a few posts back, as well as r1073 i compiled (i've not confirmed it either way on other revisions). my setup is as described in my sig...if that helps. i am currently using a 32GB USB3.0 thumbdrive (wbfs and games folders only) which behaves flawlessly. here's a picture:

IMG_3572x.jpg

(dump is from stock r1074).

lastly, it seems to me that GC games aren't shown by default in wiiflow. is there a way to enable this without a manual change in the wiiflow.ini?

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I added those files as well. I found out that somehow Wiiflow created a wiiflow folder and all of it's contents on my SD card and was reading off it. Which explains why everything was in default. So i took the SD card out and deleted all the ini files and rebooted Wiiflow starting fresh. It reads the covers, banners, cache and mostly everything else (nothing in settings, nor my WiiWare titles show), but I still can't get the plugins to work. I rechecked the wiiflow.ini and made sure the all directories were going to usb1 and everything is set right. So how do I get WiiFlow to see that it needs to read off the Hdd again and not the SD card slot? Again, Thanks guys for the advice and pointers. I just want to get this figured out so I can flow again :sad:

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I added those files as well. I found out that somehow Wiiflow created a wiiflow folder and all of it's contents on my SD card and was reading off it. Which explains why everything was in default.
I had a feeling that was part of the problem ;)
So how do I get WiiFlow to see that it needs to read off the Hdd again and not the SD card slot? Again, Thanks guys for the advice and pointers. I just want to get this figured out so I can flow again :sad:
I would make an attempt at using WiiFlow w/o the SD card in, let it write all the files, you already pointed the directories to your USB in the .ini so after a run, then you can pop in your SD. As for the plugins, have you tried running plugins w/o the source menu/flow? Make sure you don't have a source_menu.ini in /wiiflow/source_menu then go to emulators, choose your partition if necessary, when you go to settings you'll see plugins, do you see your systems in there?

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I did all that with the restarting and rewriting new ini files and all. I only tried to run the plugins in the Source Menu/ Sourceflow/ Small Box and when I can get them to show, I click on a plugin and it resets WiiFlow back to the Wii games.

*I would like a newer rev of WiiFlow with the 'out' folder with images and the booter dol. Just to give it a try. I think I only have 1028, 104-something, and the ont that Abz has in his latest pack.

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you mean by the default source menu then that I already tried and nothing showed except my GC games but the 2 games I tried didn't work and I use Devolution.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
No not the default source menu, if you hit the icon on the bottom left, it cycles Wii Games, GC/NAND/Emulators/Homebrew. When it cycles to emulators, what happens? If it lets you choose a partition, then click on the global settings icon, there will be a plugins menu there which should let you choose your plugins manually, not through any type of source menu.

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh that, it only cycles through and ask for me to pick partition or install game. Even When I go to the global Settings Icon and select Plugins menu it don't show nothing, just clicks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol +1