Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

nickh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So does the game load even with a cover under force cIOS load or are you unable to use a cover for the game?
Just edited my last post to add quotes. Crossed with yours.

Using the downloaded covers works fine with the force cIOS load - it is the only way for it work with 4.2.1 for me.

Reactions: MassiveRican

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I'm glad that's resolved, yes there seems to be some issues with loading USB Loaders under IOS58 for some HDD's, which is why they've been adding the force cIOS load option. As long as everything works the option shouldn't bother u.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just edited my last post to add quotes. Crossed with yours.

Using the downloaded covers works fine with the force cIOS load - it is the only way for it work with 4.2.1 for me.

cool, still really strange that it wont work properly the other way around, I dont really know why. I know that sometimes the HDD unmounting/reload IOS/remounting process can just hang, the reason for that is still unknown to me.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OK, everybody stop now before a MOD pulls the plug on this topic..

I appeal to everybody that is involved in this "not so good going" conversation to let it rest...
This is not helping anybody.

This will be for me the VERY last thing i am going to say about it.

And a note on it: people PMing me about it and asking my opinion, i will not react because i think this whole conversation is stupid.
You should all think very hard about whether this whole thing is worth spending time on, when you could do sooo much more with your time.

mamule

Trophies
XP
Country
France
so good.

ok, what additions to propose (except fantasy requests) ? new cover database ? new themes ?

I look forward to even the influx of project

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
so good.

ok, what additions to propose (except fantasy requests) ? new cover database ? new themes ?

Maybe if you were a bit clearer on what's allowed now?:D
EDIT: On a themes tip - Even though FIX went to all the trouble of making the default theme skinnable - no one has created any skins -
I was looking at the superbly done "How To Make themes for the homebrew channel thread" and It occurred to me that mamule would be the perfect person to do a "How to skin the Wiiflow default theme thread", given that he created the artwork and has authored some lovely themes.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whats up wiiflowieans. B-) . sorry long time no talk or any thing. but after shit went south with my family. i had more importent things to think about then playing with wii. plus ontop of all the shit my family went through over the past year. the wii got stolen from a family member i trusted (meth heads can't be trusted i found this out the hard way.). so i had to start from scratch. 100%. every thing i had worked on was on the sd card i had in our wii. so some things are a total loss.(not unless for some reason drako. or some one has some files saved.).. so i'm going toplay around with a new theme. but need the help of a few themers. (drako yur the first person who pops in my mind dude.). i want to do some thing new with my droid flow that was my baby an still is. even though i lost what i was doing with it. so if anyone here has that please pass it to me so i can start thanks to everyone here. (the O.G'S of wiiflow.)

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
so good.

That influx you were waiting for seems a bit less than a trickle non-existent. Apart from the two idea's "new cover database? new themes?", do you have any other ideas?
Any ideas at all?
Take it easy, they don't have to be as creative, useful or thought-provoking as "new themes" and "new covers"
If you're still struggling - 'themes' and 'covers' kind of concentrate on your interests - perhaps thinking about what other people are interested in might help with inspiration?
TIP: You can find out what other people who use wiiflow are interested in by having a look through this thread.

Happy to help :)

p.s. I do hope you take up that skinning-wiiflow-guide idea, hope it's not too 'fantastic' for you;)

kimotori

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
icon.png
For test i use a icon..bug :)

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As part of my quest to get every Wii game ever made I've found some Korean titles but when I try to load them in WiiFlow the progress bar appears goes to about 20% and then the system freezes.

I've tried running them with every video setting but it's the same result.

I've read elsewhere that you need to have a Korean Wii or run then in neek but I'm not sure how that would work. I used WiiFlow (r1054) to extract the NAND and setup the game to run in full NAND mode but after about 10 seconds of the drive flashing I get the progress bar and it freezes exactly as before.

Regular NTSC, PAL and NTSC-J games run fine in regular or emu NAND.

Any help in setting it up to allow playing Korean titles would be greatly appreciated.

nickh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cool, still really strange that it wont work properly the other way around, I dont really know why. I know that sometimes the HDD unmounting/reload IOS/remounting process can just hang, the reason for that is still unknown to me.
But it worked fine for me with 4.2. It is just 4.2.1 which did not. Perhaps that will give some pointers?

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
But it worked fine for me with 4.2. It is just 4.2.1 which did not. Perhaps that will give some pointers?

There's a bunch of revisions precompiled (.dols) on fix's page here
You could maybe sample a few and try to narrow down when the problem kicks in?
- i'm not sure what 4.2 was - r1000 maybe? I think 4.2.1 is slightly later than r1055, but that's the latest available there.
It might be a load of work but you might strike lucky - it's just an idea...
Edit -I'm making a guess, but I'd start high and jump lower
Edit#2 - thinking about it, it would make more sense to alternate high and low averaging towards the mean - also it will be more rewarding when a low number works! - anyhoo - if you can be arsed...

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe if you were a bit clearer on what's allowed now?:D
EDIT: On a themes tip - Even though FIX went to all the trouble of making the default theme skinnable - no one has created any skins -
I was looking at the superbly done "How To Make themes for the homebrew channel thread" and It occurred to me that mamule would be the perfect person to do a "How to skin the Wiiflow default theme thread", given that he created the artwork and has authored some lovely themes.

for me the default theme has always been "skinnable". i make backgrounds for defult all the time. not all that hard .
here is a quickie guide.
1. open the ini for default theme i note pad ++ (what i use to make my themes.)
2. download or use one of your pics from an were an make sure it has the correct dimensions.
3. name the pic what every you want. add that same name to the ini. if using the same pic for the multi backgrounds that are now avilable.(thank you for finally doing this, who ever was the master at doing it. now i can add my background pic were i wanted them).
4. start wiiflow an if every thing is correct you'll see you background has changed.
not all that hard to do. an really no need for a "guide" on how to do it. mamule has better thing to do like make some more terrific themes.( the best i ever used.)

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
i want to do some thing new with my droid flow that was my baby an still is. even though i lost what i was doing with it. so if anyone here has that please pass it to me so i can start thanks to everyone here. (the O.G'S of wiiflow.)
T'sup shortz1994, glad to see you around, hope shiz has calmed down some man, I know I was getting heated when u mentioned just some of the drama going on so it's good to c you have some downtime and can chill here a bit.

I have your 4.0 Shortz1994 Themes pack which includes the Carbonik green, purple, red & yellow versions, Luigi's mansion, multiflow (a personal fave) and subspace along with all their .ini's and of course I also have droidflow v3, and androidflow (not sure if that's yours) and also a theme named 110 although I'm not sure if that's yours either or not. Can't quite remember where I got it from, sorry to whoever deserves the credit for it. Here's a pic of the background for it in case anyone recognizes it.
background_zps2a198295.png

Basically if any of these files helps you out let me know I'll zip em all up and send em your way via PM lemme know ;)

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
so good.

how about an update to Starnight for 4.2.1, I know it's not new but I don't think the last one that was updated is compatible anymore. It's still my #1 theme since it's the first one I used w/WiiFlow, I know that's probably a dumb reason to like it but nostalgia, the outer space theme and the flows it has are some of the reasons I love the theme.

Ayatus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
how about an update to Starnight for 4.2.1, I know it's not new but I don't think the last one that was updated isn't compatible anymore. It's still my #1 theme since it's the first one I used w/WiiFlow, I know that's probably a dumb reason to like it but nostalgia, the outer space theme and the flows it has are some of the reasons I love the theme.

I unfortunately don't have much time to take care of StarNight, nor the motivation.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
I unfortunately don't have much time to take care of StarNight, nor the motivation.
:( I understand, I'll always keep it around and show it off to friends with old builds, thank you for working on it as much as you have. I look forward to maybe one day, being able to enjoy it with the latest WiiFlow.

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
for me the default theme has always been "skinnable". i make backgrounds for defult all the time. not all that hard .
here is a quickie guide.
1. open the ini for default theme i note pad ++ (what i use to make my themes.)
2. download or use one of your pics from an were an make sure it has the correct dimensions.
3. name the pic what every you want. add that same name to the ini. if using the same pic for the multi backgrounds that are now avilable.(thank you for finally doing this, who ever was the master at doing it. now i can add my background pic were i wanted them).
4. start wiiflow an if every thing is correct you'll see you background has changed.
not all that hard to do. an really no need for a "guide" on how to do it. mamule has better thing to do like make some more terrific themes.( the best i ever used.)

Thanks for taking the time on that really informative reply. I see you've been away a while, so I'm not sure you've noticed - As of quite recently (since you were last here?), nearly all of the 'default' artwork is no longer written into the dol, but placed in a folder next to the boot.dol. I'm sure, as someone with an interest in these things, you immediately see the possibilities this invites. But as yet, no-one has contributed anything as a result.
A guide could run even shorter than your contribution above "replace the images in the folder with yours, matching the name and dimensions" - but it could also be as well done as this guide on skinning the homebrew channel. Something similar for the wiiflow default theme, a couple of colour/texture variations maybe, might encourage the awaited influx.
As it was mamule called for the influx of (non-fantastic) additions to propose, created the default artwork, and has plugged away at the same skins for years, over and over again, creating a deep understanding of the process - I thought he was the ideal author. Sorry that's not to your liking - Once your up to speed, maybe you fancy doing it - and stringing a cohesive sentence together, or two? :)
Honestly, I wouldn't worry about him not working on his (truly excellent) themes - my guess is he's putting something together right now:)

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country

Just wanted to +1 what massive said above - and thanks for everything you've put in. StarNight was a personal favourite too. Can I ask if it was something specific that has burst your mojo, or is it just time?

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for taking the time on that really informative reply. I see you've been away a while, so I'm not sure you've noticed - As of quite recently (since you were last here?), nearly all of the 'default' artwork is no longer written into the dol, but placed in a folder next to the boot.dol. I'm sure, as someone with an interest in these things, you immediately see the possibilities this invites. But as yet, no-one has contributed anything as a result.
A guide could run even shorter than your contribution above "replace the images in the folder with yours, matching the name and dimensions" - but it could also be as well done as this guide on skinning the homebrew channel. Something similar for the wiiflow default theme, a couple of colour/texture variations maybe, might encourage the awaited influx.
As it was mamule called for the influx of (non-fantastic) additions to propose, created the default artwork, and has plugged away at the same skins for years, over and over again, creating a deep understanding of the process - I thought he was the ideal author. Sorry that's not to your liking - Once your up to speed, maybe you fancy doing it - and stringing a cohesive sentence together, or two? :)
Honestly, I wouldn't worry about him not working on his (truly excellent) themes - my guess is he's putting something together right now:)
I've actually began mapping out wiiflow, clustering all the different screens together, and labeling them as they appear in the ini. It's a bit out of date but perhaps it will help with your wiiflow theme guide.

whats up wiiflowieans. B-) . sorry long time no talk or any thing. but after shit went south with my family. i had more importent things to think about then playing with wii. plus ontop of all the shit my family went through over the past year. the wii got stolen from a family member i trusted (meth heads can't be trusted i found this out the hard way.). so i had to start from scratch. 100%. every thing i had worked on was on the sd card i had in our wii. so some things are a total loss.(not unless for some reason drako. or some one has some files saved.).. so i'm going toplay around with a new theme. but need the help of a few themers. (drako yur the first person who pops in my mind dude.). i want to do some thing new with my droid flow that was my baby an still is. even though i lost what i was doing with it. so if anyone here has that please pass it to me so i can start thanks to everyone here. (the O.G'S of wiiflow.)
I still got Droidflow, it's been gathering cyberdust on my computer. I'm sure its a bit out of date, but prolly further along than what Rican's got. I'll drop it off in our thread.

Reactions: spacepimp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol