Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
First I would like to thank Fix and Fledge for the ongoing support and updates.

Just a tiny, fast, really useful requests that will prove handy for testing and for memory burden management:

1. Add "Enable SD log" to boot settings + Add .log extension to Explorer-Viewer (a log upload option like syscheck would be lovely too)
2. Add "Enable HQ covers" and "Enable Banner Display" to Boot options too this would help ppl with big collections of covers and help provide more memory
3. This:
xWfNGWH.jpg

for the sake of completion since banners are only accessible via game settings, not general settings

P.S. Theme Manager (like language manager) with online theme download would be lovely too, when memory bugs got ironed out :)

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
to the people with that theme startup bug, a report with this file would be nice:
http://fix94.no-ip.org/boot_r987.7z
I had no problems but just tested everything (Wii/mios switch/WW/neek2o/Plugins and HBC) with and without force cIOS option and everything running flawlessly
using latest Carb-Abz theme and WF stuff on SD

P..S. forgot to mention in previous post that custom banner folder should have priority over banner folder for Wii games too (in case custom wii game banners are used)
Thanks again Fix, hopefully the other testers with bug might get them fixed with this latest dol too

Reactions: spacepimp

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is really useful?
About as useful as being able to delete emu games, gamecube and wii games, so yes I would say so. Other than emunand games, it's the only mode that doesn't let you do so. And with no clear reason that I can see.

Right now, if one adds some one time use installer, or downloads a homebrew game or app that doesn't turn out to be so great, they would have to use wiixplorer or bring it up on their pc to get rid of it.

Reactions: spacepimp

flamepanther

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About as useful as being able to delete emu games, gamecube and wii games, so yes I would say so. Other than emunand games, it's the only mode that doesn't let you do so. And with no clear reason that I can see.

Right now, if one adds some one time use installer, or downloads a homebrew game or app that doesn't turn out to be so great, they would have to use wiixplorer or bring it up on their pc to get rid of it.

Or HBC. But yeah, I'd be in favor of this. I'd also be in favor of the "install" feature being able to add games to emu NAND from a wad file.

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
While we're throwing it open on the main thread...
For the amount it gets used, why have we got a DVD launch button in the popup menu - surely such prime real-estate should be used for a 'sort' button or a categories button?
The DVD button could be an entry in the source menu or some other source selector ;)
Also, isn't it a bit weird having 3 icons on one side and 2 on the other?
If the home menu button was moved to the left, both the sort and categories buttons could be added on the right, leaving 3 on each side of the big favourites button.

As ever, just riffing...:)

Of course, the ideal solution would to provide a bunch of button-based functions and allow the user to decide which, if any, they want displayed in the pop up menu. You have a settings text file where the available slots are defined by numerical order , running left to right.

'a'- launches this function when 'a' is clicked on this slot - also defines which icon is displayed
'b'- launches this function when 'b' is click on this slot
See current default setup and example functions under spoiler
(assuming there are 9 spaces, and the favourites 'star' is in the middle, at 5.
Optical media 8a
Sort
Help 1a
Next source 7a
Previous source 7b?
home menu 9a
Settings 2a
favourites 5a
Categories 5b
Source menu
Delete focused game
open Explorer here
search for this on the interwebs using the WiiBrowser plugin :)
next/previous coverflow (buttons 1, and 2 on wiimote)
Clock?!?!

- a view button could open a submenu with some of these functions...
etc....
- as indeed the sort button would have to.

n.b. spaces 3,4 and 6 are currently not used.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, sorry for the late reply. I have it plugged into the USB port on the left but I tried both. I'm currently using a Dynamode enclosure, a 2.5" IDE one.

If you are looking at it from the back it should be the right port... the one closest to the edge.

Try deleting any Wiiflow save in your settings/data management/save game info and try it again.

If that doesn't work install good old d2x-v8final in 249/250 with 56/57 bases.

flamepanther

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, would it be feasible to implement a "sort order" list? It could basically work the same as the custom titles list, except it wouldn't actually display the custom names. It would just use them for sorting.

For instance, you could remove "The" and have all the Zelda games sort under "Legend of Zelda" or just "Zelda" if you like, and still have them display "The Legend of Zelda." You could furthermore sort them into release order by changing the sort titles to "Zelda 1" "Zelda 2" etc. This seems (to me) like the simplest way to implement ignoring "the" and "a" as well as the manual flow order adjustment I've seen people asking for

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, sorry for the late reply. I have it plugged into the USB port on the left but I tried both. I'm currently using a Dynamode enclosure, a 2.5" IDE one.

Can you run homebrew from an apps folder on the root your usb drive? - just copy the apps folder from your sd card - you will have leave your sd card out of your wii when you try.

I've had issues in the past running ide drive enclosures off the wii's usb port. I mean where I've tried to run a 2.5 HDD in a 3rd party enclosure, rather than a USB drive that happens to use IDE.
If the enclosure has a power input - you might have to use an external power source.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @The Real Jdbye, oh