Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are databases available, hyperspin in .xml (but no synopsis) and GameEX if I remember correctly in .mdb (synopsis etc...).
Creating database for Wiiflow with this should be feasible.
I don't care much about banners in fact, except per plugin that may be nice.
Regarding the last request, it's not exactly what I meant. Sorry but I'll quote myself:
Would it be possible to have an option to go to a specific category when you choose a plugin in source menu? For example, if we want all mario games in existence from all machines, we could create a category "mario", combine the related plugins, and then have access to the games directly from source menu.

If none of this is possible, no problem. Maybe a bit upset though...
don't be upset :) now understand about the category - that might be feasible.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would my plugin/source menu idea be feasible. My apologies if I'm coming off as a pest, just not sure what kinda stuff we're working on today, or if we're just flicking stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks :P

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Dump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will be more practical to have 1 video per plugin. Like the animated sega logo for example and make wiiflow use them as banners on a magic number basis. Many videos are readily available. Having banners for all roms is insane :)

I agree with you now that i looked into how you are making custom banners for GC games. for some reason i thought you were converting videos to banners not making from scratch using the fan art creator..:wacko: so yeah as you said its insane unless there is a way to just convert videos to banners then it might be a little less insane :)

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
I agree on 1 banner/vid per emu.

As for the db using the crc of roms, this could take a lot of time and have a few logical errors and PITA's along the way, I would volunteer some monkey work to this to help lighten the load, pm me if needed.

Soupaman66

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two more problems:
the options window should be resized because the OK button is not fully showing
folder order is case sensitive: first it shows all names with capital letters, then the lower case ones. Is it possible to make it case insensitive?

I can fix the sizing bug. The case sensitive thing is weird. Ubuntu has this issue with JFilechooser. I just updated the application. Its still 2.2. and I also added the classic themed version(1.0-1.5) which shouldn't have that case separating issue.
http://tspiller.webs.com/apps/blog/show/30019283-cover-2-rom

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would my plugin/source menu idea be feasible. My apologies if I'm coming off as a pest, just not sure what kinda stuff we're working on today, or if we're just flicking stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks :P
not for wiiflow but maybe as a source menu editor for the wii someday.

mike1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with you now that i looked into how you are making custom banners for GC games. for some reason i thought you were converting videos to banners not making from scratch using the fan art creator..:wacko: so yeah as you said its insane unless there is a way to just convert videos to banners then it might be a little less insane :)
It would be cool if you could convert videos from emumovies http://emumovies.com/forums/index.php/files/category/2-console-collections/ most of the work would be done

Dump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I say we should have gametrailers enabled for emus. Sure it seems like a massive undertaking, but I'm sure Wii and gamecube covers as well as gametdb as a whole was too, Not to mention all the emu covers Mastershoes is putting together. We just need to work on it bit by bit. If someone decides to set a few up on their system, then share them every now and then, eventually it'll add up. :)

Reactions: Dump

Dump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I say we should have gametrailers enabled for emus. Sure it seems like a massive undertaking, but I'm sure Wii and gamecube covers as well as gametdb as a whole was too, Not to mention all the emu covers Mastershoes is putting together. We just need to work on it bit by bit. If someone decides to set a few up on their system, then share them every now and then, eventually it'll add up. :)
Nice i never thought of doing trailers instead of banners this seems like it might actually work i'm going to try a few and add them to wii games to test and see if all is good on creating them just one problem in the guide it says that we need to rename the trailer to the first 3dig of game id. if we were going to use this for emus how would we name them? the full name of the rom?:unsure:

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice i never thought of doing trailers instead of banners this seems like it might actually work i'm going to try a few and add them to wii games to test and see if all is good on creating them just one problem in the guide it says that we need to rename the trailer to the first 3dig of game id. if we were going to use this for emus how would we name them? the full name of the rom?:unsure:
That or crc. Not sure which is easier for Wiiflow team to pull off.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country

Dump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so created a few trailers from the videos off of emumovies but there is a problem when im playing them in wiiflow the audio is outta sync and video seems sketchy so i went and tested it on smplayer and the trailer was running perfect on it. is there something im missing the files i'm trying to convert are in flv format if that matters for anything. also when i created the trailer the file seemed pretty huge for being only about a min long it was 51mb so that might be another thing holding this back :(

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
That's what I and a few other users have been talking about for a loooong time now. I was about to ask Drakorex how he even has trailers working? I'm about to upload a few of the trailers I'm using to see if its just mine. I went all the way back in increments to Wiiflow 3.1 and I get the same trailer out of sync audio stutter and garbled graphics at times.

I finally just gave up. Is it just higher quality trailers that makes the difference? I play them in WiiMC and Mplayer CE just fine on the Wii, but in WF they do not play right. Who has trailers working that can upload a few for us to try?

Then again I don't think I ever reported an issue on google SVN. Somebody else might have though I'll have to look. macmanhigh u around to report any of your findings on this.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have trailers working, I was just aware they existed. Just a thought, maybe 30 seconds is long enough. Might wanna check the resolution of those trailers, maybe they're too big.

Dump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah i tried again made the trailer only 10secs long still same thing garbled video and outta sync audio. The videos im trying to convert are 640x480 which is the same for the settings i am using in the wiiflowTHP converter i tried the lower resolution as well but the it was the same + obliviously lower quality.
Seeing as Smplayer, wiimc and mplayerce all play them fine i'm wondering if wiilfow has a outta date codecs or something:unsure:

edit: These are not working in wiiflow i just wanted peps to get a idea of what i'm working with
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/f7o27vfcah8b3/Emu_Trailers

Reactions: MassiveRican

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, wire is definitely more practical IMO. Hell these days you can charge a laptop over...