Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm having some issues with the scummvm plugin.
Curse of Monkey Island code dumps, while it's working with the regular app
Virtual keyboards does not show up, so it's impossible to get past copy protection answers in many games
Does it happen to you as well?

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, there are some little issues with scummvm plugin. It's already been reported here : http://code.google.com/p/open-wiiflow-mod/issues/detail?id=159
It would need to be recompiled with Zlib and freetype2 (maybe flac for those who use it?).

By the way, I tried to launch a scummvm dol with all supported engines and it goes back to wii menu. The dol is 17.3 mb once stripped and I'm using wiiflow r903.
I thought the max size was increased to 32 mb ?

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry my bad was remembering things from the top of my head.
just 1 more thing if you have many zelda ocarina injects you'll have to change the gameIDs with iso tools or Hexedit first or else you will get 1 output folder with all the games replaced. So compare the iso/ngc filecount with created folders count when it's done

573/574 converted. Since it creates folders with just the identifier name and not the plain txt name I won't be able to see which one didn't convert but that's a whole lot better than doing 1 at a time!

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, there are some little issues with scummvm plugin. It's already been reported here : http://code.google.com/p/open-wiiflow-mod/issues/detail?id=159
It would need to be recompiled with Zlib and freetype2 (maybe flac for those who use it?).

By the way, I tried to launch a scummvm dol with all supported engines and it goes back to wii menu. The dol is 17.3 mb once stripped and I'm using wiiflow r903.

r858 reverted those changes.
-set back homebrew boot size to 16mb and reverted all the lower
mem2 experiments

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
573/574 converted. Since it creates folders with just the identifier name and not the plain txt name I won't be able to see which one didn't convert but that's a whole lot better than doing 1 at a time!
that's nice ;)
not sure if WiiBackupManager cam batch rename the output folders for you but that would be great
if you have mario64 or mariokart64 or Zelda Ocarina/master they both share D43j01 so your missing game will probably be found there

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country

:wtf: thats' a big file compared to the one we're using which is 11MB
unfortunately we can't test scummvm in PL4 yet since no game ini parser but as Rican said you need an old beta in the 850's to check it out or try different compression methods to bring size down to <16 :)

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
r858 reverted those changes.

Ah ok, thank you. It's not easy to follow sometimes with so many revs.

:wtf: thats' a big file compared to the one we're using which is 11MB
unfortunately we can't test scummvm in PL4 yet since no game ini parser but as Rican said you need an old beta in the 850's to check it out or try different compression methods to bring size down to <16 :)

The dol has almost all engines. That's a bit crazy anyway since some engines aren't complete ("the last express" for ex.), unstable or simply don't start on wii (color format/display issue). I was very excited to see a w.i.p "The neverhood" (Great music!) but it crashes at the begining.
If the file's still too big, we can always split the engines and use 2 plugins at the same time (the latest dol I compiled is 15 mb though).

littlecubba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
34zy4xi.jpg

heres a oversized screen image of my game install crash, sorry its abit late

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Ah ok, thank you. It's not easy to follow sometimes with so many revs.

The dol has almost all engines. That's a bit crazy anyway since some engines aren't complete ("the last express" for ex.), unstable or simply don't start on wii (color format/display issue). I was very excited to see a w.i.p "The neverhood" (Great music!) but it crashes at the begining.
If the file's still too big, we can always split the engines and use 2 plugins at the same time (the latest dol I compiled is 15 mb though).
If Broken Sword 1 + 2 work with your latest dol I would like to update the old one, sion_zophad fixed the usb keyboad so if you join forces we'll have a nice, bugless update too

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I haven't tested the broken sword games yet...
If I read correctly, sion_zophad is talking about the virtual keyboard only (don't know if as a plugin it would work with a real one).
The "fix" is simply to recompile with zlib library in order to use the vkeybd zip file. If fix94 or someone else don't have time, I'll post it later (after some tests).

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running out of space on my 1.5 TB HDD! I have a 303 GB Ntfs partition that has 4.20 GB free, and the 1.06 TB part has 155 GB free. Now my first thought is to resize the ntfs partition. But another thought I had was since Wiiflow can use either port, Could I use 1 drive for all my games, and another drive for my movies? I'm fearing that Mplayer won't be able to pick up on the other port, but also that I won't be able to play my emulator games that need to be on USB at the same time.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^ This. I vote for folder browsing support, ala the gx cover mods. Then we could organize our movies and music much easier and not have to wade through a bunch of useless (for the particular mode) categories. Also it would allow for one album art per music album, instead of one per track, which would be insane depending on how much music you have. Help us Fledge68, you're our only hope.

Reactions: VFCalado

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
34zy4xi.jpg

heres a oversized screen image of my game install crash, sorry its abit late
Hey bud, good thing you got it up, it was my suggestion in hopes that fix94 or fledge68 or anyone else that understands code dumps might be able to provide some insight. It used to be common practice around here but right now the devs are pretty busy IRL so u might have to wait awhile. Sorry, other than that I'll see if I can provide you with other suggestions.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's nice ;)
not sure if WiiBackupManager cam batch rename the output folders for you but that would be great
if you have mario64 or mariokart64 or Zelda Ocarina/master they both share D43j01 so your missing game will probably be found there

WiiBackupManager sees the games if put in a WBFS folder on the root. It won't load them if in a custom folder ala games. And it won't rename the folders unfortunately.

littlecubba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey bud, good thing you got it up, it was my suggestion in hopes that fix94 or fledge68 or anyone else that understands code dumps might be able to provide some insight. It used to be common practice around here but right now the devs are pretty busy IRL so u might have to wait awhile. Sorry, other than that I'll see if I can provide you with other suggestions.

thats fine, real life always comes first, i can wait as long as it takes no rush...
as the games install 100% and work beautifully, just that glitch after every install
fingers crossed, and thank you for your time and help :)

*is it me or does the battery percent seem way off...? new batteries in my wiimote gives me an answer of 39%

Lestworth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for being such a newbie to all this, and my terminology may be WAY off when im asking this questions but i haven't really found any definitive answers on the internet.

1. I have everything set up on my wii to run usb loaded games, i recently discovered wiiflow and practically crapped myself ;). Im using only a 250gb HDD, but how do i set it up? Simply copy and paste the files i downloaded with wiiflow on the hard drive?

2. I have if formatted for .Iso games, but i feel like i should switch to wbfs style to save space on such a small drive, also what file type should gamecube games be in for wiiflow?

3. do i need to do what this guy is doing in this video? Convert .iso file to .wbfs

Again, if all these questions seem stupid, or easily answered, im new to this game, i just recently got into homebrew maybe 6 months ago, and since my game library is starting to get scratched, i was looking up ways to protect it. Basically the only reason i was able to get this far is because everyone made it stupid proof for the most part on how to hardmod your wii. So i thank you for answering my questions, and possible follow up questions.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Reactions: MassiveRican

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
thats fine, real life always comes first, i can wait as long as it takes no rush...
as the games install 100% and work beautifully, just that glitch after every install
fingers crossed, and thank you for your time and help :)

*is it me or does the battery percent seem way off...? new batteries in my wiimote gives me an answer of 39%
Well at least the games install properly, that's good. I'll need to test 908 with an install and see if I can reproduce it. If it happens then its a simple matter of having someone who can code take a look at it and fix it.

Sorry for being such a newbie to all this, and my terminology may be WAY off when im asking this questions but i haven't really found any definitive answers on the internet.

1. I have everything set up on my wii to run usb loaded games, i recently discovered wiiflow and practically crapped myself ;). Im using only a 250gb HDD, but how do i set it up? Simply copy and paste the files i downloaded with wiiflow on the hard drive?

2. I have if formatted for .Iso games, but i feel like i should switch to wbfs style to save space on such a small drive, also what file type should gamecube games be in for wiiflow?

3. do i need to do what this guy is doing in this video? Convert .iso file to .wbfs

Again, if all these questions seem stupid, or easily answered, im new to this game, i just recently got into homebrew maybe 6 months ago, and since my game library is starting to get scratched, i was looking up ways to protect it. Basically the only reason i was able to get this far is because everyone made it stupid proof for the most part on how to hardmod your wii. So i thank you for answering my questions, and possible follow up questions.

Hey bud most if not all of those questions have an answer and a guide that can be easily followed on the WiiFloWiki. Check it out there, if you run into trouble or just plain confused about something after a bit of reading let us know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: im back