Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah it was just that one game i went through about 50 games or so all the rest of the game infos were working just fine with no problems
I'm gonna check out GX and CFG to see if it happens there too.. but not tonight, I need to get some sleep and I don't want any more Project Zero on my mind before bed :wacko:

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
this project zero 2 game is not in wiitdb.xml file at least here, haven't updated in ages though
so maybe WF is displaying the wrong info instead of not displaying anything at all
I think you're onto something, I just took a look at the XML file and Project Zero 2 is there, but there's nothing under synopsis in any language. I no longer think this is a bug This is not a bug within WiiFlow but rather a case of missing info in the XML file. Also GameTDB has no English language synopsis of the game either, although it has a synopsis in several other languages, but again nothing in the XML.

EDIT: So it seems to be a matter of just updating the EN synopsis portion in the XML file (or whatever language you want..Esperanto :P) and you're all set. Just tried it myself and it's no longer copying other games info when being looked at.
Code:
<game name="Project Zero 2: Wii Edition (Europe) (EN,FR,DE,ES,IT)">
        <id>SL2P01</id>
        <type/>
        <region>PAL</region>
        <languages>EN,FR,DE,ES,IT</languages>
        <locale lang="EN">
            <title>Project Zero 2: Wii Edition</title>
            <synopsis/>
        </locale>
        <locale lang="FR">
            <title>Project Zero 2: Wii Edition</title>
            <synopsis/>
        </locale>
        <locale lang="NL">
            <title>Project Zero 2: Wii Edition </title>
            <synopsis/>
        </locale>
        <locale lang="JA">
            <title>零~真紅の蝶~ </title>
            <synopsis/>
        </locale>
        <locale lang="ZHTW">
            <title>零 ~ 真紅之蝶(歐)</title>
            <synopsis/>
        </locale>
        <locale lang="ZHCN">
            <title>零 ~ 真红之蝶(欧)</title>
            <synopsis/>
        </locale>
        <developer>Grasshopper Manufacture Inc</developer>
        <publisher>Nintendo</publisher>
        <date year="2012" month="6" day="29"/>
        <genre>action,adventure,survival horror</genre>
        <rating type="PEGI" value="16">
            <descriptor>violence</descriptor>
        </rating>
        <wi-fi players="0">
            <feature>nintendods</feature>
        </wi-fi>
        <input players="2">
            <control type="wiimote" required="true"/>
            <control type="nunchuk" required="true"/>
        </input>
        <rom version="1.00" name="Project Zero 2: Wii Edition (Europe) (EN,FR,DE,ES,IT) (v1.00).iso" size="4699979776" crc="04deedb6" md5="7ddbcbff22ab64b3e99604d402bfa3d8" sha1="a6e647f0218a2a1aed7be6c85f3d6422414e163a"/>
    </game>

Reactions: Dump

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Post a Log if at all possible after you delete your wiiflow.ini. You can back up your settings folder and delete it as well, just to make sure that's not causing the problem. When WiiFlow starts up for you normally put your original settings folder back in place, if you get the DSI crash well you know something in there is the culprit.

This is the log but no issue detected:

Code:
Welcome to WiiFlow (4.1.2-r438)!
This is the debug output.
WiiFlow is in real nand mode
Real Wii
IOS58 v6176
patched isfs_permissions 0 times.
patched es_setuid 0 times.
patched es_identify 0 times.
patched hash_check 0 times.
patched new_hash_check 0 times.
Init ISFS
Found WiiFlow Save
FAT Partition at sd: mounted.
Changing USB port to port 0....
* HDD Information
* Sectors: 976707583
* Size [Sector Size]: 465 GB [512]
FAT Partition at usb1: mounted.
NTFS Partition at usb2: mounted.
SHND: Running sound thread
Wiiflow boot.dol Location: usb1:/apps/wiiflow
Wii Games Directory: %s:/wbfs
DIOS-MIOS (Lite) not found
Loading cIOS map
Found cIOS in slot 248
Found cIOS in slot 249
Found cIOS in slot 250
Data Directory: usb2:/wiiflow
Deleting directory: usb2:/wiiflow/cache/lists
Folder path to create: usb2:/wiiflow/cache/lists
Devolution: Found usb2:/wiiflow/loader.bin
Creating Gamelist
GameTDB: Found alternate color(fcff00) for: SIIP8P
GameTDB: Found alternate color(ff0000) for: SMNP01
GameTDB: Found alternate color(0) for: SX3P01
Games found: 112

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Need some help. I had to reinstall windows, can't get devkit to work. I installed tortise (had slik before, but now I'm going by the wiki) but it acts like I didn't.

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This is the log but no issue detected:

+ I made an completly new wiiflow installation (instructions used from the wiki page).
But it doesn't work. I always get the code dump. Tried it also on a different Wii (different USB HDD) with exactly the same result.
I really don't know what to do. :(

The strange thing is: With 4.0.5 it's working. No code dump, no execption...loading animation and the party is starting.

@drakorex
please make sure, that the devkit installation folder doesn't contain any space (e.g. C:\my\path\to devkit\). It should be like C:\my\path\to_devkit\
This was my issue. :)

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
+ I made an completly new wiiflow installation (instructions used from the wiki page).
But it doesn't work. I always get the code dump. Tried it also on a different Wii (different USB HDD) with exactly the same result.

The strange thing is: With 4.0.5 it's working. No code dump, no execption...loading animation and the party is starting.

@drakorex
please make sure, that the devkit installation folder doesn't contain any space (e.g. C:\my\path\to devkit\). It should be like C:\my\path\to_devkit\
This was my issue. :)

Strange how it works if you go back to 4.0.5.. I'm no good at deciphering code dumps but post your dump here maybe Fix94 or Fledge68 can shed some light on the situation ;)

Also I know it's a pain but can you try pin down which main WiiFlow rev your problem started at? e.g. try out 4.1 first, if it doesn't dump try updating again to a more recent version, if it gives you the same DSI try downgrading to 4.0.6 and see where the problem began. Also even before all that, make sure to DELETE YOUR CACHE LISTS FOLDER!, and/or rename your WiiFlow root folder to wiiflow_main or whatever and try launching WiiFlow again.

Need some help. I had to reinstall windows, can't get devkit to work. I installed tortise (had slik before, but now I'm going by the wiki) but it acts like I didn't.
prob best you pass by the IRC for help on that one, I'm sure someone's around to help, I myself just installed devkit to C: with defaults, then used the libogc from wiiflow mod svn to compile.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
Trying to compile WiiFlow for dolphin and I get this error, if anyone can help.

Code:
linking ... boot.elf
cios.o: In function `GetTMD':
c:/WiiFlow/source/loader/cios.c:46: multiple definition of `mainIOS'
alt_ios_gen.o:(.sdata.mainIOS+0x0): first defined here
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [/c/WiiFlow/boot.elf] Error 1
make[1]: *** [build] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

All I did was change defines.h as stated by r582 on SVN. I always "make clean" first then "make ios=249" so I have no idea about the multiple `mainIOS' thing it's talking about.

Here's my defines.h
removed due to case of being a dumbass

Disregard my idiocy, r730 clearly states "-added simple check if we are in dolphin-emu mode, no need to define something or recompile wiiflow (thanks skidau)"

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Strange how it works if you go back to 4.0.5.. I'm no good at deciphering code dumps but post your dump here maybe Fix94 or Fledge68 can shed some light on the situation ;)

Also I know it's a pain but can you try pin down which main WiiFlow rev your problem started at? e.g. try out 4.1 first, if it doesn't dump try updating again to a more recent version, if it gives you the same DSI try downgrading to 4.0.6 and see where the problem began. Also even before all that, make sure to DELETE YOUR CACHE LISTS FOLDER!, and/or rename your WiiFlow root folder to wiiflow_main or whatever and try launching WiiFlow again.
It would be even better if you could try Wiiflow MOD versions for trouble shooting, because official wiiflow versions have waaaay to much changes to troubleshoot efficiently.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been busy with real life but always check this forum at least once a day.

got a question that i know probably has been answered already or i can figure out on my own thru trial and error but I'm being lazy. :) so will the skylanders games work with wiiflow and which cios do i need to make them work with the portal?

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
Probably stuck IRL somewhere lol. I'm sure when they have some time, more stuff will come. If i have time I'll have a small treat uploaded tonight or tomorrow nothing to do with coding though.

@Fledge68 no idea about skylanders since I don't own any of the toy figurine things.

littlecubba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
recently got a new hdd and formatted to fat32 32k (mainly for my GameCube stuff)
just started to backup my original Wii games, and i get a crash dump after every attempt when it seems to reach 100%, never had this problem on NTFS...
any ideas as to why this might be happening...?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual +1