XP
Country
United Kingdom

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get this error " failed disc open" in mode neek2o.. Just in wii games, how to solve this error...???
this should mean 1 or 2 things, a bad rip.( but i don't think it's that.) or your trying to play a out of region game with the neek nand.(pal nand, ntsc game. )
the way to test this is if you have the neek2o channel, launch strait to neek. an see if the game launches this way.( this will tell you if the problem is flow related or nand related.). playing tin tin in neek2o is the only way my son can play it with out it freezing during cut scenes/auto save. but it doesn't launch through flow.so i use the channel. (no matter what version i use of neek2o (88-95b??).
i don't know if launching games with different regions got fixed in updates. but having two nands of different regions works well.( yea it's a pain in the ass, but it works.)

Onanghy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Onanghy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this should mean 1 or 2 things, a bad rip.( but i don't think it's that.) or your trying to play a out of region game with the neek nand.(pal nand, ntsc game. )
the way to test this is if you have the neek2o channel, launch strait to neek. an see if the game launches this way.( this will tell you if the problem is flow related or nand related.). playing tin tin in neek2o is the only way my son can play it with out it freezing during cut scenes/auto save. but it doesn't launch through flow.so i use the channel. (no matter what version i use of neek2o (88-95b??).
i don't know if launching games with different regions got fixed in updates. but having two nands of different regions works well.( yea it's a pain in the ass, but it works.)

My neek nand is NTSC-U (4.2 U) and the games are PAL and NTSC-U, in neek mode i can play the games... just in WF using neek2o mode had this error "failed disc open"

Thanks for replay..

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you for your time Fix, here is the result:

http://oi49.tinypic.com/1216anq.jpg

.. and then it boots back to HBC.
I see it fails to get the font, thats the error I also guessed. I see the protection patch place is a bit strange, normally its a different one for IOS58, so I'm not sure if everything went well there with the ios58 reinstalling and if the hbc really runs on it, may also check if the meta.xml is the correct one, so from a clean 4.0.5...

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I see it fails to get the font, thats the error I also guessed. I see the protection patch place is a bit strange, normally its a different one for IOS58, so I'm not sure if everything went well there with the ios58 reinstalling and if the hbc really runs on it, may also check if the meta.xml is the correct one, so from a clean 4.0.5...

I installed HBC 1.1.2 directly after installing IOS58 v24.31 via clean installer (which reported successfully installed)

The meta.xml is from the googlecode 4.0.5 clean install.

I deleted EVERY folder and file associated with wiiflow, and downloaded and put 4.0.5 wiiflow folder in the apps folder, so that it could create what ever it needed from scratch.

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Kiwi - do you have a back up of an old nand? I'm sure you're aware, but it's worth remembering that a nand.bin flashed over your current nand, using bootmii, would reset your back to that backup point. Just as a last resort.

kromlech06

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have you try setting the VBI on? I once had a simular problem and Mr. Fix94 pointed that out to me..

I have and it did not help. I'm just trying to run the "3.5.1 file patch by phantom wings" for brawl on wiiflow (and gx loader, for that matter), and it's seemingly impossible. I've managed to get the other brawl codes, such as the unlocked pause camera, working just fine.

Oh and the devolution loader just plain doesn't work. I've used each of my games with the real devolution app to make sure the iso dump was successful, and when I changed the file structure to match wiiflow's requirements ([root]\games\[folder GAME ID]\game.iso), they always cause the wii to reboot to the wiimenu (and yes, its set to load devolution, not diosmios or default). Also, the .bin file is supposed to go in the [root]\wiiflow folder on the SD card right?

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey Kiwi - do you have a back up of an old nand? I'm sure you're aware, but it's worth remembering that a nand.bin flashed over your current nand, using bootmii, would reset your back to that backup point. Just as a last resort.

Hey Spcepmp - What would restoring an old back up of my nand achieve? I haven't lost anything on my wii, every other app and emulator is running perfectly, I see no need to do that whatsoever. It's just a dol on my external hdd that isnt launching properly for some reason.

I am quite happy to revert to 4.0.4 for playing and test any of Fix94's 4.0.5 ideas, or wait for the next version to come out, and test it until its fixed for me.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can try removing IOS 58 (kind of a risk but not too much) in a wad manager and then reinstall it. for some reason i had to do that with netflix, the channel would not remove everything until uninstalled with a wad manager.

XICO2KX

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi! :)
There seems to be a problem in 4.0.5 (SVN) (and also in 4.0.4) in the "NAND Extractor" tool! :sleep:
When I try to use it, I get this error: :(
Wiiflow said:
No valid FAT partition found for NAND Emulation!
I'm using a FAT16 formatted 2GB SD (non HC) card with more than 1GB free.
My games are in a 16GB FAT32 USB pen (with less than 100MB free).
And here's some sections of the generated "wiiflow.ini" (original and unchanged) from a clean install:
Code:
[GAMES]
partition=1
save_emulation=0
savepartition=-1
savepath=/wiiflow/nandemu
[NAND]
disable=yes
partition=1
path=
Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? :unsure:
Is it trying to save to the USB instead of the SD? :huh:
Can you tell me how to solve this issue? :wacko:
Thanks! ^_^

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! :)
There seems to be a problem in 4.0.5 (SVN) (and also in 4.0.4) in the "NAND Extractor" tool! :sleep:
When I try to use it, I get this error: :(

I'm using a FAT16 formatted 2GB SD (non HC) card with more than 1GB free.
My games are in a 16GB FAT32 USB pen (with less than 100MB free).
And here's some sections of the generated "wiiflow.ini" (original and unchanged) from a clean install:
Code:
[GAMES]
partition=1
save_emulation=0
savepartition=-1
savepath=/wiiflow/nandemu
[NAND]
disable=yes
partition=1
path=
Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? :unsure:
Is it trying to save to the USB instead of the SD? :huh:
Can you tell me how to solve this issue? :wacko:
Thanks! ^_^
when extracting it will save the nand to usb device. you might need to see how much space you really have on the usb pen, you might not have enough. (54mb, is needed for the nand.) or this feature could be messed up again.( haven't tried it in awhile,since i already have a working nand. an if this is the case fix94 will get it fixed as always.)

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Just another crazy idea from me ...
Is there any way to have WiiFlow edit the DI config to have it mount a certain game and then direct launch some neek2o title that will auto load that game.
(It would be cool to be able to use neek2o to launch games on Wii U without having a cIOS insalled ... once Crediar releases his xNEEK for vWii.)

Reactions: ToddofWar420

ki69

Trophies
XP
Country
An entirely separate but equally annoying problem I'm having is that it always gets stuck initializing network whenever I try to DL a code list or Cover. The wii can go on the internet just fine, but wiiflow always gets stuck on that step. The wiimote cursor still functions. If I hit cancel, it goes to "canceling" and never comes out of it. I've let it try to cancel for over 30 minutes before hard resetting. I'm fully aware I can go to wiitdb to get the covers myself, however I want to see if anyone else is also having this problem or if it's just me. My older version of wiiflow never had this problem, and its one of the early builds.

I'm not having any trouble loading any particular game, so I didn't think an IOS/system readout was necessary. Just codes and online are being a big pain. Any ideas?

I have the same problem with online. Anyone can help me? (wiiflow 4.0.5)

Regards

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
network init has stopped working for me, Wiiflow always gets stuck on Initializing Network, attempting to cancel just freezes WF, which is quickly followed by a hard reset lol. I can't d/load any covers or gametdb.xml, reverting to 4.0.4 fixes that issue, just a heads up

I have the same problem with online. Anyone can help me? (wiiflow 4.0.5)

Regards

Did you turn the VBI hook on for cheats? There are several options for cheats that no longer turn on by default, it's activated the proper way so you'll have to choose which hook you want. I believe Fix said that VBI & OSSSleepThread were the most common.

cambric

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Dear wiiflow developers,

I have found a couple of problems in Wiiflow 4.0 and 4.0.5:

- no way to see the partition in my wbfs 1TB HD (works well in Configurable v70 and GX 3.0, and even in Wiiflow 374)
- I have also two FAT 500MB HD for the Wii, containing different games. I tried to use Wiiflow 4.0.5 after a clean install with the first FAT HD. Everything OK. Then I connected the second FAT HD and Wiiflow 4.0.5 was still showing the games contained in the first HD... clearly a dump error appears whenever I try to load a game (which doesn't exist in the second HD since it is installed in the first one). It seems that a list of games is cached when the first HD is loaded, and that it is not refreshed when a second HD is connected...

I hope these infos may be useful to you in developing 4.0.6... You are doing a very awesome job... Thanks a lot...

Cambo

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Dear wiiflow developers,

I have found a couple of problems in Wiiflow 4.0 and 4.0.5:

- no way to see the partition in my wbfs 1TB HD (works well in Configurable v70 and GX 3.0, and even in Wiiflow 374)
- I have also two FAT 500MB HD for the Wii, containing different games. I tried to use Wiiflow 4.0.5 after a clean install with the first FAT HD. Everything OK. Then I connected the second FAT HD and Wiiflow 4.0.5 was still showing the games contained in the first HD... clearly a dump error appears whenever I try to load a game (which doesn't exist in the second HD since it is installed in the first one). It seems that a list of games is cached when the first HD is loaded, and that it is not refreshed when a second HD is connected...

I hope these infos may be useful to you in developing 4.0.6... You are doing a very awesome job... Thanks a lot...

Cambo

There is a button that allows you to reload the cache you know....you need to press the HOME button and push that button, then you should be able to see the new games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Or some doctor caused it