Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
After the new release of dios mios (with multidisc support), I would like to know how to hide the second disc in the wiiflow gamecube view.
At the moment wiiflow displays the second disc in order to select it. But with the new dios mios this option is not necessary anymore.
mark one category with "X" sign and add the second disc to this category
Remember to press B on the star:
In flow view to adjust categories
In game view to add a game to a category

In case you use my pack:
start WF, goto GC mode and press B on star > go to page 2 (press right) click on the box for hidden category and make it "X"
like this
c5dky.jpg

then go to GC view and select second disc > press B on star and select "Hidden" category
like this
sq3zvq.jpg

Play a game to save the setting
Tip: each mode has it's own categories and hidden info so remember to adjust this in each mode in case needed
That's it

:)

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
My PS1 WiiSx experience using bios

Working:
castlevania_-_symphony_of_the_night.bin
crash_bandicoot.bin
crash_bandicoot_-_warped.bin
crash_bandicoot_2_-_cortex_strikes_back.bin
Croc - Legend of the Gobbos (E) [SLES-00593].bin
Gex_[NTSC-U]_[SLUS-00042].bin
Gradius Deluxe Pack (J) [SLPS-00303].bin
Gradius Gaiden (J) (v1.1) [SLPM-86042].bin
klonoa_-_door_to_phantomile.bin
Looney Tunes - Sheep Raider.BIN
MegaMan 8.bin
metal_gear_solid_(v1.1)_(disc_1).bin
metal_gear_solid_(v1.1)_(disc_2).bin
micro_machines_v3.img
Mortal Kombat Mythologies - Sub Zero [NTSC-U] [SLUS-00476].bin
Salamander Deluxe Pack Plus (J) [SLPM-86037].bin
silent_hill_(v1.1).bin
Spyro3 - Year of the Dragon (v1.1).bin
Strider (E) [SLES-12867].bin
tomb_raider_iii_-_adventures_of_lara_croft.bin

Not Working:
40_winks.bin
ape_escape.bin
lemmings_3d.bin
Crashcollection_ps1.cdi
mega_man_legends.bin
Rayman [SLUS-00005].bin

shadow01505

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to change how the SNES covers are displayed? I'd like them to rotate sideways on different views of the Carbonik theme in r803

Clivey

Trophies
XP
Country
@DaveZ_227451
and everyone with source menu icon corruption, this is 803 dol just tested and works like a charm with my 6 full source pages from 801 pack
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?0uytwdvi9i3epe4

Thanks for the fix and of course for the hours of work you guys put in to it.

r803 works for except just 2 things now:

Extracting Nand seems to error saying it cant find a Fat32 drive, yet the USB drive is on fat32 and is working fine for everything else including wiiflow and was working previously (cant remember if it was 402 or 403 it was last working). The drive is formatted/partitioned properly/active etc, so dont think its a drive issue.

Plugins seems to occassionaly lose its setting, quitting wiiflow and going back in then works for a bit and then again for no reason seems to think plugins are not configured.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
there are 2 covers for snes:
22ywbs.jpg
&
2DUI2.jpg

the second one is used as default to use the first edit carbonik abz.ini as follows:
change
534E5854=CA_SNESb.jpg
534e4553=CA_SNESb.jpg
to
534E5854=CA_SNES.jpg
534e4553=CA_SNES.jpg

also edit source_menu.ini
[BUTTON_9]
image=SNES.png
image_s=SNESb.png
source=plugin
magic=534e4553
emuflow=2 <<< change this to =1 or any other non rotated mode number (trial and error until you like it)

Hope this helps

DaveZ_227451

≡≡ Big Kid ≡≡
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My PS1 WiiSx experience using bios
Not Working:
40_winks.bin
ape_escape.bin
lemmings_3d.bin
Crashcollection_ps1.cdi
mega_man_legends.bin
Rayman [SLUS-00005].bin

By not working do you mean literally... or just that it is to choppy and unplayable?
Just started extracting my psx bins now, figured no point wasting time on the ones with
no foreseeable future :P

Dump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright Everyone this is my compatibility list A-D for WiiSX i am still setting them up and testing i told ToW420 i would give him a good sized list by last night i didn't realize it was going to take this long i've been setting these up many ways and i think the best way to do this for wiiflow is a pure .cue|.ccd setup if you dont have a .cue or .ccd with your .bin or .img the game probably only has 1 track so you really don't need a .cue but to prevent dupes of games i made .cues for them here are examples of how to make simple 1 track cues

Cue sheet for 1 track .bin
Code:
FILE "FILE NAME HERE.bin" BINARY
  TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
Cue sheet for 1 track .img
Code:
FILE "FILE NAME HERE.img" BINARY
  TRACK 1 MODE2/2352
  FLAGS DCP
  INDEX 1 00:00:00

here is a list of cue sheets
http://www.mediafire.com/?by77mi5p0a9d8hr

my compatibility chart so far
All were tested with bios
Playable
Ace combat 3 electrosphere (Europe): .cue/.bin Dynarec
Alien Trilogy (USA): .cue/.bin Dynarec
Alundra (USA): .ccd/.img Dynarec
Alundra 2 (USA): .cue/.bin Dynarec
Armored Core (USA): .cue/.img Dyarec
Armored Core - Project Phantasma (USA): .cue/.bin Dynarec
ArmyMen 3D (USA): .cue/.bin Dynarec
Army Men - Air Attack (USA): .cue/.bin Dynarec
Army Men - Air Attack 2 (USA): .cue/.bin Dynarec
Army Men - Air Attack (USA): .cue/.bin Dynarec
Assault Rigs (USA): .cue/.bin Dynarec
Azure Dreams (USA): .cue/.bin Dynarec
Batman & Robin (USA): .cue/.bin Dynarec
Batman Forever - The Arcade Game (USA): .cue/.bin Dynarec
Beyblade (USA): .cue/.bin Dynarec (Need to put controller type as Analog or constant pausing)
Beyond the Beyond (USA): .cue/.bin Dynarec
Blazing Dragons (USA): .cue/.bin Dynarec
Blood Omen - Legacy of Kain (USA): .cue/.bin Dynarec
Bloody Roar (USA): .cue/.bin Dynarec (alittle Slow Frame Skip on)
Bloody Roar 2 (USA): .cue/.bin Dynarec (Slow Limit FPS off, Frame Skip on)
Bomberman (Europe): .cue/.bin Dynarec
Brave Fencer Musashi (USA): .ccd/.img Dynarec
Breath of Fire III (USA): .cue/.bin Dynarec
Breath of Fire IV (Europe): .cue/.bin Dynarec (2 .bin tracks)
Broken Sword - The Shadow of The Templars (USA): .cue/.bin Dynarec
Bushido Blade (USA): .cue/.bin Dynarec
Bushido Blade 2 (USA): .cue/.bin Dynarec
Bust-a-Move 2 - Arcade Edition (USA): .cue/.bin Dynarec
Capcom Generations (Europe) (disc 1 & 2) .cue/.bin Dynarec
Capcom vs. SNK - Millennium Fight 2000 Pro (USA): .cue/.bin Dynarec (Menus are slow gameplay is fine)
Carmageddon (Eurpoe): .cue/.bin Dynarec (6 .bin tracks)
Carnage Heart (USA): .ccd/.img Dynarec
Castlevania - Chronicles (USA): .cue/.bin Dynarec
Castlevania - Symphony of the Night (Europe): .cue/.bin Dynarec (2 .bin tracks)
Centipede (USA): .cue/.bin Dynarec
Chess (USA): .ccd/.img Dynarec (slow sound is glitchy Limit FPS off, Frame Skip on)
Chocobo's Magical Dungeon 2 (USA): .ccd/.img Dynarec
Chrono Cross (USA): .ccd/.img Dynarec
Chrono Trigger (USA): .ccd/.img Dynarec (alittle slow in battle)
Civilization II (USA): .cue/.bin Dynarec
Clock Tower (USA): .cue/.bin Dynarec
Colin McRae Rally (USA): .ccd/.img Dynarec
Colin McRae Rally 2.0 (USA): .ccd/.img Dynarec
Command & Conquer (Europe): .cue/.bin Dynarec
Contra - Legacy of War (USA): .cue/.bin Dynarec
Cool Boarders 3 (USA): .cue/.bin Dynarec (graphic errors)
Crash Bandicoot (USA): .ccd/.img Dynarec
Crash Bandicoot 2 - Cortex Strikes Back (USA): .cue/.bin Dynarec
Crash Bandicoot 3 - Warped (USA): .cue/.bin Dynarec
Croc - Legend of the Gobbos (USA): .ccd/.img Dynarec (slow Limit FPS off, Frame Skip on)
Darkstalkers - The Night Warriors (USA): .cue/.bin Dynarec
Darkstalkers 3 - Jedah's Damnation (USA): .cue/.bin Dynarec
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX (USA): .ccd/.img Dynarec
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX - Maximum Remix (USA): .cue/.bin Dynarec
Dead or Alive (USA): .ccd/.img Dynarec
Destruction Derby 2 (USA): .ccd/.img Dynarec (hangs on race derby works)
Diablo (USA): .ccd/.img Dynarec (slow frame skip on)
Die Hard Trilogy (USA): .ccd/.img Dynarec
Digimon World (USA): .ccd/.img Dynarec
Digimon World 2 (USA): .ccd/.img Dynarec
Digimon World 3 (USA): .ccd/.img Dynarec
Dino Crisis (USA): .ccd/.img Dynarec
Dino Crisis 2 (USA): .cue/.bin Dynarec
Discworld (USA): .cue/.bin Dynarec
Disruptor (USA): .ccd/.img Dynarec
Dragonball GT - Final Bout (USA): .cue/.bin Dynarec
Dragonball Z - Ultimate Battle 22 (USA): .ccd/.img Dynarec
Driver (USA): .cue/.bin Dynarec
Looney Toons Sheep Raider (USA): .cue/.bin Dynarec
Street Fighter Alpha 3 (USA): .cue/.bin Dynarec
Tactics Ogre - Let Us Cling Together (USA): .cue/.bin Dynarec

Not Playable
Ace Combat 2 (USA): .cue/.bin Interpreter (Dynarec Crashes Extremely Slow)
Alien Resurrection (Europe): .cue/.bin Dynarec (Crash after bios) (4 .bin tracks)
Area 51 (USA): .cue/.bin Dynarec (Video is split in half)
Armored Core - Master of Arena (USA): .ccd/.img (code dump)
Army Men - Sarge's Heroes (USA): .cue/.bin Dynarec (freezes during loading screen)
Army Men - World War - Final Front (USA): .ccd/.img Dynarec (freezes during loading screen)
Army Men - World War - Land, Sea & Air (USA): .cue/.bin Dynarec (freezes during loading screen)
Army Men - World War - Team Assault (USA): .ccd/.img Dynarec (freezes during loading screen)
Batman Beyond - Return of the Joker (USA): .ccd/.img Dynarec (freezes after bios)
Blast Chamber (USA): .cue/.bin Dynarec (controller doesn't sync)
Brain Dead 13 (USA): .ccd/.img Dynarec (weird glitches)
Broken Sword 2 - The Smoking Mirror (USA): .ccd/.img Dynarec (freezes during loading screen)
Capcom Generations (Europe) (disc 3 & 4): .ccd/.img Dynarec (code dumps or sends back to wiiflow) (2 .bins per disc)
Clock Tower 2 - The Struggle within (USA): .ccd/.img Dynarec (Slow sound errors)
Command & Conquer - Red Alert - Retaliation (Europe): .cue/.bin Dynarec (code dumps or sends back to wiiflow)
Destruction Derby (USA): .ccd/.img Dynarec (freezes at bios)
Destruction Derby Raw (USA): .cue/.bin Dynarec (code dumps at bios)
Die Hard Trilogy 2 (USA): .ccd/.img Dynarec (graphic glitches)
Discworld II - Missing Presumed...! (Europe): .ccd/.img Dynarec (freezes at bios)
Doom (USA): .cue/.bin Dynarec (hangs at first loading screen)
Dracula 2 - The Last Sanctuary (USA): .cue/.bin Dynarec (fail to load iso)
Dragonball Z - Idainaru Dragon Ball Densetsu (Japan): .cue/.bin Dynarec (fail to load iso) (20 .bin tracks)
Dragon Warrior VII (USA): .ccd/.img Dynarec (No Menus)
Driver 2 (USA): .ccd/.img Dynarec (no Video)
Duke Nukem - Land of the Babes (USA): .ccd/.img Dynarec (Code dumps)
Duke Nukem - Time to Kill (USA): .ccd/.img Dynarec (Slow)
Duke Nukem - Total Meltdown (USA): .ccd/.img Dynarec (Graphic errors)
also check this compatibility chart
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/WiiSX_compatibility_list_(beta_2)#.23

Edit:Converting
when extracting games and you get a ecm just use ecm tools "google it" it will convert the file and give you a bin or a img file

if you encounter a game that has ape files use pakiso "google it"

if you want to rename your img or bin files you need to rename the cue or sub and ccd files depending on what you have then if your using a cue you need to open it with notepad and edit the file structure i hope this helps everyone

Reactions: kylster

DaveZ_227451

≡≡ Big Kid ≡≡
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry to hear m8?? All seems fine by me so far... cache folder sitting back up to 3900 files with no slow up to speak of. Source menu at I think 30 unique entries. Even managed to get psx and GC working albeit haven't populated the games lists yet, as I am just finishing off the SegaCD set now. Even the media player is working perfectly with boxshots and exiting back to wii flow. All I can say is do what I did if you havent. I litterally backed up my entire wiiflow. Started with a bare bones wiiflow install and slowly added thigs in cleanly piece by piece..

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to hear m8?? All seems fine by me so far... cache folder sitting back up to 3900 files with no slow up to speak of. Source menu at I think 30 unique entries. Even managed to get psx and GC working albeit haven't populated the games lists yet, as I am just finishing off the SegaCD set now. Even the media player is working perfectly with boxshots and exiting back to wii flow. All I can say is do what I did if you havent. I litterally backed up my entire wiiflow. Started with a bare bones wiiflow install and slowly added thigs in cleanly piece by piece..
I actually plan on doing so myself. But I'm waiting til I get my Christmas bonus to get a 3TB hard drive before I can start.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure this has already been covered, in fact I remember seeing it, but skipped over it as it didn't apply to me at the time. But I'm having trouble with Neo Geo games, when I launch them, I get an error message. How do i set them up correctly for wiiflow?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A wild, hail mary, stab in the dark, potential strategy to free up memory:

Drop the 2d multipage source menu for something wiiflow can already do.
Just that you know that has nothing to do with the memory usage, its a memory leak bug somewhere.

Oh and guys I dont have internet atm so not sure when I can finally do something again here...

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I just wanted to say that in the past couple of years I never bothered to install WiiFlow on my system
I was actually satisfied with CFG and later with USB GX that I never felt the urge to try yet another Loader.
However.....I tried it yesterday out of curiosity and I'm so glad I did !
Really, functionality wise I don't see any huge difference from the other Loaders, however I had a big problem with my Toshiba Canvio 500GB USB 2.0/3.0, namely I had to unplug it every time I started the other loaders or between games, otherwise my Wii would freeze or keep looking for the HDD.

I'm happy to report, that with WiiFlow there is no such a problem
It seems that the games take a few seconds more to boot ( and it's alittle bit of a hit and miss ) , but the Wii doesn't freeze upon initializing the HDD anymore !
That's a huge plus in my book, and reason enough to switch over from anything else.
Maybe there is a different call in the way the HDD initializing is handled, after all, Wii Explorer always finds my HDD as well.

Oh, let me add that I'm using d2x-v9-beta(r49), with v8 final Wiiflow would boot but freeze before loading a game.

Maybe somebody should edit the Wiki page regarding HDD compatibility and add this info, I'm sure there are quite a few people with the same problem out there.

Hope it helps.
Cheers

Dump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure this has already been covered, in fact I remember seeing it, but skipped over it as it didn't apply to me at the time. But I'm having trouble with Neo Geo games, when I launch them, I get an error message. How do i set them up correctly for wiiflow?

you need the bios named neogeo.zip make sure its 1404kbits google it and make sure your roms are compatible with fba v0.2.97.26 also check this out http://gbatemp.net/t...ystem-emulator/

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
;) yeah i'm back online, after a month of B.S. (yes i live in the area that was slammed by "sandy" what a good name for that storm, seeing that it blew sand all over an screwed up a lot of peoples lives."). as far as the themes i was working on with drakorex. i lost all my work. so if he has a good releace of droid flow. that would be good for upload. thats cool. or if you see this man, please upload one we were working on. an i'll try my best to pick it up. or we could start a new one.( don't matter to me.)

the only request i have an i'll keep asking. since we can do all the good things with music. why oh why can't we just "add"/inbed. a full mp3 player inside wiiflow, an have cover support.. (or with newer V's can i add wiimc ?).. this is for others (mostly mods). is there a ummmm, a tut, on saving a wii that was drowned.(does hapen alot,but after what i went through, i thought ours was dead, in the water (:lol:). but after doing the same thing that people do with cell phones.( taking apart, cleaning, an blow drying.). she snapped back to life.. plus after reading more into wii u. why waste my money on that... just to have a gameboy for a controller.( that not all games work on, when someone wants to watch tv, an you want to play the game.)
***damn my avitar looks like shit in this newer format, guess it's time for a new one

Reactions: MassiveRican

Onanghy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was making some tested with wiiflow r803 with problematic wii games (metafortress) without any setting just default settings and this 3 games not working no play only get a black screen, At the end i need to turn off my wii via manual but when i try to load wiiflow again.. the loader reset alone.

1- The Smurf
2- Prince of Persia - The Land...
3- Wii dare
4- Tin Tin

All the others problematic games are ok.. I have wii 4.3 u, D2x9 r49... Somebody can help me.

Thanks...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: YUH