Country
Germany
Reactions: 2 people

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
I was attempting to build cache with the SNES plugin, when I got this dump today:
Have fun trying to crash r734:
http://www.mediafire...0m11jwkw4k7k4ze
The lower entrypoint gives us ALOT of more space for gamelists :P
If you still get codedumps, then wait until I make 4.0.2 ready today and post pics with that again, thanks.
Awesome, but I know I won't have time to do any testing today, I'll post my results when I can though ;)
And I don't know if it's just me but the B+Home combo for reload WF is not working.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was attempting to build cache with the SNES plugin, when I got this dump today:
Have fun trying to crash r734:
http://www.mediafire...0m11jwkw4k7k4ze
The lower entrypoint gives us ALOT of more space for gamelists :P
If you still get codedumps, then wait until I make 4.0.2 ready today and post pics with that again, thanks.
Just compiled 735 and it looks fine on my big system. Tested all of the COD games and they worked fine. Ran through about a dozen other games with no problems.

The system feels pretty crisp, looks good to me!

Excellent work!

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seem to be having some trouble getting Donkey Kong Country Returns to play proper. I can get it past the title screen but when I get to the crab part, everything stills moves but nothing comes up. Can anyone else confirm this as well? Thanks.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Here is 4.0.2 for you guys, lemme give the whole long changelog:
-corrected a bug that the usb hdd does not get hooked up properly after IOS reload
-increased usable memory of wiiflow
-made channel launching alot of more safe, problems with it should be gone
-fixed cheats in wiiware/virtual console
-if wii gets turned off do a full shutdown and ignore standby
-added thread for IOS58 mode which reads a random sector from the usb hdd every second if the hdd is more than 20 seconds idle to keep it alive
-fixed game boots if you just press a and the pointer is off screen
-fixed problems with controlling menu via dpad
-fixed wii game installer
-added music resume after ios reload/enabling nand emulator
-draw button text the same way as labels to fix problems with displaying things like _ or '
-added message about current song playing on song start/change, it will fly in for 3 seconds and then fly out again
-fixed possible crashes with "force_cios_load" option
-added simple check if we are in dolphin-emu mode, no need to define something or recompile wiiflow (thanks skidau)
-general code cleanup, speedup
Because I'm too lazy atm to properly check all changes I'll just copy paste in the changes from the other devs :P
Changes from OverjoY:
-Fixed Nand Emulation from SD-card
-Fixed "CheckSave" functions
-Fixed feature to flash a save file from emulated NAND back to real NAND
-Some minor code cleanups and bug fixes Because support for Wiiflow is currently only available in uneek2o and uneek2o is only able to use emulated nand dumps from the first partition on the USB- device the neek2o options are disabled now if a nand dump from another partition or SD-card is used
neek2o: (neek2o r93+ only)
-Fixed return to channel function for titles on emulated NAND
-Added an option in wiiflow.ini: launchwiiflow in "NEEK2O" domain If this option is set to "no" the "exit to" option in home menu will launch neek2o SM instead of the "DWFA" channel
-If the return to channel option is set neek2o will return to that specific title if that title exists on the emulated nand, even if the title was launched from real NAND
Changes from fledge68:
-Fixed homebrew mode saving current item
-Fixed favorites_on_startup, renamed it save_favorites_mode, defaults to off set to yes and wiiflow will remember if favorites was on or off for each view/mode, Still can be set on page 4 of config menu
-Fixed favorites and parental lock for plugins, Parental lock might come in handy for movies
-And restored save for categories_v4.ini on exit of wiiflow
-changed categories_v4.ini one last time. Sorry but this should speed up wiiflow
when you use categories
-replacing strings of 0's and 1's with ASCII characters 33 on up, So if you have a game in category 1 and you have 20 categories, instead of a long number all you will see is ! which is way shorter and will take wiiflow much less time to read, Also if a game isn't in any category there will be nothing after the =
-added categories for individual plugins, Wiiflow checks to see if only one plugin is selected and if so then uses the categories for that one plugin, So for example you can have categories for your movies when you only use the mplayerce plugin
Download on google code, as always :P

Reactions: 3 people

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is 4.0.2 for you guys, lemme give the whole long changelog:
-corrected a bug that the usb hdd does not get hooked up properly after IOS reload
-increased usable memory of wiiflow
-made channel launching alot of more safe, problems with it should be gone
-fixed cheats in wiiware/virtual console
-if wii gets turned off do a full shutdown and ignore standby
-added thread for IOS58 mode which reads a random sector from the usb hdd every second if the hdd is more than 20 seconds idle to keep it alive
-fixed game boots if you just press a and the pointer is off screen
-fixed problems with controlling menu via dpad
-fixed wii game installer
-added music resume after ios reload/enabling nand emulator
-draw button text the same way as labels to fix problems with displaying things like _ or '
-added message about current song playing on song start/change, it will fly in for 3 seconds and then fly out again
-fixed possible crashes with "force_cios_load" option
-added simple check if we are in dolphin-emu mode, no need to define something or recompile wiiflow (thanks skidau)
-general code cleanup, speedup
Because I'm too lazy atm to properly check all changes I'll just copy paste in the changes from the other devs :P
Changes from OverjoY:
-Fixed Nand Emulation from SD-card
-Fixed "CheckSave" functions
-Fixed feature to flash a save file from emulated NAND back to real NAND
-Some minor code cleanups and bug fixes Because support for Wiiflow is currently only available in uneek2o and uneek2o is only able to use emulated nand dumps from the first partition on the USB- device the neek2o options are disabled now if a nand dump from another partition or SD-card is used
neek2o: (neek2o r93+ only)
-Fixed return to channel function for titles on emulated NAND
-Added an option in wiiflow.ini: launchwiiflow in "NEEK2O" domain If this option is set to "no" the "exit to" option in home menu will launch neek2o SM instead of the "DWFA" channel
-If the return to channel option is set neek2o will return to that specific title if that title exists on the emulated nand, even if the title was launched from real NAND
Changes from fledge68:
-Fixed homebrew mode saving current item
-Fixed favorites_on_startup, renamed it save_favorites_mode, defaults to off set to yes and wiiflow will remember if favorites was on or off for each view/mode, Still can be set on page 4 of config menu
-Fixed favorites and parental lock for plugins, Parental lock might come in handy for movies
-And restored save for categories_v4.ini on exit of wiiflow
-changed categories_v4.ini one last time. Sorry but this should speed up wiiflow
when you use categories
-replacing strings of 0's and 1's with ASCII characters 33 on up, So if you have a game in category 1 and you have 20 categories, instead of a long number all you will see is ! which is way shorter and will take wiiflow much less time to read, Also if a game isn't in any category there will be nothing after the =
-added categories for individual plugins, Wiiflow checks to see if only one plugin is selected and if so then uses the categories for that one plugin, So for example you can have categories for your movies when you only use the mplayerce plugin
Download on google code, as always :P
Terrific work as usual :)

Thanks! Is 4.0.2 the equivalent of r735?

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
NOTHING WORKS. I cannot get to show any cover for NES, SNES or GENESIS games.

I got my covers from here.

I've copied one fullcovers (nes) to root:/wiiflow/boxcovers/fceugx/ and renamed the cover to the exact same name of the rom ( Mega Man 5 (USA) ).

In the fceugx ini; coverFolder=fceugx is left as is when I got it and I followed this.

I also tried changing coverFolder=fceugx to coverFolder=fceugx/roms to put roms and covers in the same folder, but no dice !

Even with all this, covers don't show up.

Pip'

[EDIT] Sorry, got it to work now.

chexmix222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woohoo I got my covers to work!! It was a problem in my wiiflow.ini I changed it to usb1:/fecugx/fecugx then back to the original usb1:/wiiflow/boxcovers and boom but... I need help resizing them but I really love the android theme (cuz of the many different coverflows) so if anyone can share they're emuflow ini I would be thankful as I don't know what im doing in the adjust coverflow also the N64 covers dont turn long ways

2012-09-23203445_zps325f12e6.jpg
2012-09-23203502_zps39b24696.jpg

chexmix222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well tinkering with it I got it the way I want but is there a way I can set emuflow 1 to default with nes and emuflow 2 default for snes and N64?
Cuz when I switch plugins to nes from snes the covers are flipped til I press button 1 to get to emuflow 1

masterjakeway

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only current way to do that is to use the source menu. you can tell it which flow to use for each button
This is what mine currently looks like:

[BUTTON_0]
image=wii.png
image_s=wii.png
source=wii

[BUTTON_1]
image=channels.png
image_s=channels.png
source=emunand

[BUTTON_10]
image=n64.png
image_s=n64.png
source=plugin
magic=57493634
emuflow=2

[BUTTON_11]
image=scummvm.png
image_s=scummvm.png
source=plugin
magic=5343564D

[BUTTON_12]
image=SG1000.png
image_s=SG1000.png
source=plugin
magic=53454761
emuflow=4

[BUTTON_13]
image=SMS.png
image_s=SMS.png
source=plugin
magic=53454721
emuflow=4

[BUTTON_14]
image=sega.png
image_s=sega.png
source=plugin
magic=53454741
emuflow=5

[BUTTON_15]
image=ps1.png
image_s=ps1.png
source=plugin
magic=57493654
emuflow=5

[BUTTON_16]
image=default.png
image_s=default.png
source=

[BUTTON_17]
image=default.png
image_s=default.png
source=

[BUTTON_18]
image=default.png
image_s=default.png
source=

[BUTTON_19]
image=default.png
image_s=default.png
source=

[BUTTON_2]
image=movie.png
image_s=movie.png
source=plugin
magic=4D504345
emuflow=4

[BUTTON_20]
image=default.png
image_s=default.png
source=

[BUTTON_21]
image=default.png
image_s=default.png
source=

[BUTTON_22]
image=default.png
image_s=default.png
source=

[BUTTON_23]
image=default.png
image_s=default.png
source=

[BUTTON_3]
image=series.png
image_s=series.png
source=plugin
magic=4D504375
emuflow=4

[BUTTON_4]
image=gb.png
image_s=gb.png
source=plugin
magic=56424158
emuflow=6

[BUTTON_5]
image=gbc.png
image_s=gbc.png
source=plugin
magic=56424138
emuflow=6

[BUTTON_6]
image=gba.png
image_s=gba.png
source=plugin
magic=56424178
emuflow=6

[BUTTON_7]
image=VB.png
image_s=VB.png
source=plugin
magic=57493674
emuflow=6

[BUTTON_8]
image=nes.png
image_s=nes.png
source=plugin
magic=46434555
emuflow=7

[BUTTON_9]
image=snes.png
image_s=snes.png
source=plugin
magic=534e4553
emuflow=2

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! Is 4.0.2 the equivalent of r735?
Yep.

I have a weird problem. I am setting up a Wii for one of my kids and am using a small USB flash drive. If I try to run it by itself as a FAT32 formatted disk and the apps/wiiflow folder on it, the system just returns to the menu after running the forwarder channel.

If I put an apps/wiiflow folder on an SD card it loads Wiiflow and then displays these screens:

If I delete the wiiflow.ini (that works fine from my hard disk) it gives the no partitions screen and then only shows the SD card as an available partition, it doesn't show the USB drive.

Now here is the weird part... if I use it with Configurable USB loader it just hangs without an SD card and with an SD card holding the apps/usbloader folder it runs perfectly.

USBLoader GX returns to the system menu without an SD card and with one it gives an error saying USB device not found.

Do you have any idea why CFG would work with this flash drive and Wiiflow doesn't?

I am running the flash drive with a FAT32 single partition.

Hopefully the crash dump helps pinpoint the problem.

Thanks.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, that GX doesnt work as well is kinda selfexplaining since both nearly use the same code (wiiflows device handler is based on gx one), you may enable sd logging so we can check if the device isnt detected at all or if its a partition detection problem.

luck_gh0st

Trophies
XP
Country
Well I tried the official release from the wiiflow site, and MW3 and Black ops , seem to still work on IOS=Auto so long as I don't have nand emulation set to full (currently using Game Save which is working beautifully)
I didn't have Black Ops on my Wii HD so I put it on with Wii Backup Manager and ran a chkdsk on both partitions and found no probs.
So I booted up the WiiFlow and Black Ops wasn't there so I used reload the cache and it made the music skip like a scratched CD would and the wiiflow animation logo stopped moving. The light on the usb HD showed activity but after 7-8 minutes I pushed the reset button and got a code dump. I snapped a pic. To be honest, this is the first code dump that I have got in quite a while and I can't seem to reproduce it.. so this might mean nothing really
bB7aQ.jpg

Other than that little snag everything still seems to be working well. Skyward Sword Also loads on IOS=Auto but It seems that I still have to use the real nand game save to get it to work. (by setting nand emu to off for that game)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: https://www.vgchartz.com/article/460059/ps5-vs-xbox-series-xs-sales-comparison-january-2024/#:~:t...