Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

misteromar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I cannot download forwarders from the wiki page, it says "this site is not for viewing and redirects to the main page.
Should be fixed now...but it takes a bit of time before the changes are synced...so if it is still not working, try a few hrs. later.

It is still looping back to the mainpage, I did give it few hours and tried again. I can download Wiiflow its self, it just the forwarders that are doing this.

misteromar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brilliant, all set with d2x v7, Wiiflow r417 and forwarder, had quick play around and everything works perfect, looks slick and faster than ever. Knowing exactly what files and folders to delete from brausm08 post, helped me keep my covers and cheat for the CC on DKC, so I was stoked with that.

I notice the file size from the old version I had was 3.88MB and r417 is down to 1.64MB. I can only assume a lot of hard work has gone in to making Wiiflow more efficient, better coding and such, well done.

Saint2011

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys i've got a problem,

I softmodded my wii using this guide: http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-guides-tutorials-only/60921-guide-softmod-any-wii.html

I went to the wiiflow wiki and did:
Wiiflow
Wiiflow Forwarders (Channels)
d2x cIOS v7b1d Wad Pack
d2x cIOS v7b1d Installer.

So i got a Preloader channel aswell.

But it just doesn't work, i tried both USB ports but it keeps giving me the "you do not have a USB device hooked up).
Again, i put the cable in the right port the first time and then switched and switched again, no result it just hangs (no remote use).

I've tried this with 2 HDD"s a Freecom 500gig WBFS formated with WBFS games (wich i kinda want to use) and a Samsung Story 1.5TB NTFS (wich should work according to the compatibility list).

No idea what to do about it... it just doesn't work and hangs on the put in usb (and yes i tried both ports and it's USB 2.0 wich i updated the cIOS for).

If you check the guide i'm running 4.1E with flashed cIOS and an the IOS to run USB 2.0.

Hope someone can help me, i'm really clueless (burned backups work perfectly)

Thanks in advance and greetz.

eraserturds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Saint. I had some problems like that with my last mod. In the end I formatted the drive to fat32 and everything worked fine. I don't pretend to know very much about all of this, that's just what I did to get everything working.

Eraserturds.

GDT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
delete the following:

root:/apps/wiiflow/wiiflow.ini
root:/wiiflow/settings (folder)
root:/wiiflow/cache/lists (folder)

when r417 is booted the first time, it will recreate these....

Now works! For the paths I changed it to usb1:/fanart etc... and now works.

Saint2011

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the thing is that i hooked up a NTFS (wich should be supported) Samsung Story 1.5TB (wich is supported in the list,with, not that it matters alot, alot of other suff on it but dirs with iso's aswel next to the normal ISO's but it just didn't detect it... I might have gone wrong with flashing it or some (hey i still have an aragon chip (major fail) but i'm pretty software smart so i know what i'm doing, or better I THINK i know what i'm doing, no Wii dev here, Psp and xbox dev but not wii loll.

Oh and plus i formatted the freecom to WDFS with the program lol dunnow what it's called but it might ring some bells.

So if anybody knows a fix i'd be gratefull, running backup cd's costs alot aswell plus it ruins your laser, just like playing the games you bought.

So please please tell me what i did wrong or how i can fix it so it will recognize my Freecom (or sams Story 1.6tb if impossible).

Greetz

p.s. can someone easially explain how to put the wiiflow boot on my freecom 500g hdd (if it will ever work.,,) because te SD i'm using is kind of for my DS backups

GDT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Does the trailer feature work well with version 417?
I'm able to launch my old trailer, got distorced audio and fatal crash as soon as I hit B to exit.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
My Config:
USB Drive: 640GB in one big FAT32 partition. WiiFlow, Games and NAND under the same drive
Region: NTSC-J.
USB NAND dumped using simple fs dumper, full mode

Many thanks!!
IIRC, emu-NAND and Wiifow can't operate together. if wiiflow is launched from the HDD, the emu-NAND must be on the SD (or vice versa)....this is a limitation of the cIOS, not Wiiflow

can we get this explained please.
I have always ran Wiiflow and the NAND off the same hard drive.
Are you saying that won't work for some games and work for others? I am getting a lot of wiiware games coming up with black screens that work with Mighty Channels. I have updated all the CIOS's as mentioned.

Yes I could use a little clarification on this issue myself. Afaik I've been running WiiFlow and the e-NAND off the same fat32 partition. So etheboss/fix94 or brausm08 should I go ahead and make another FAT32 partition and place my e-NAND there and then direct Wiiflow to read that partition for WiiWare/VC?? What is the most recommended setup or better yet how do u guys have it set-up??

eraserturds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well the thing is that i hooked up a NTFS (wich should be supported) Samsung Story 1.5TB (wich is supported in the list,with, not that it matters alot, alot of other suff on it but dirs with iso's aswel next to the normal ISO's but it just didn't detect it... I might have gone wrong with flashing it or some (hey i still have an aragon chip (major fail) but i'm pretty software smart so i know what i'm doing, or better I THINK i know what i'm doing, no Wii dev here, Psp and xbox dev but not wii loll.

Oh and plus i formatted the freecom to WDFS with the program lol dunnow what it's called but it might ring some bells.

So if anybody knows a fix i'd be gratefull, running backup cd's costs alot aswell plus it ruins your laser, just like playing the games you bought.

So please please tell me what i did wrong or how i can fix it so it will recognize my Freecom (or sams Story 1.6tb if impossible).

Greetz

p.s. can someone easially explain how to put the wiiflow boot on my freecom 500g hdd (if it will ever work.,,) because te SD i'm using is kind of for my DS backups

Ok I'm a little confused here. I read your earlier post and it reminded me of an issue that I was having a couple of weeks ago. So I told you what I did to fix it. It's seems you completely ignored that, which is fine, since you're not obligated to follow anyone's advice (even when you're asking for it) but then you go on to tell us all that you're software smart... but can't figure out how to get wiiflow on your USB hard drive?

Regardless, I think you need to slow down and do some basic trouble shooting. Go one step at a time.

Do you have wiiflow up on running at all? you must have it running on the SD card otherwise you would have the error message on the usb drive. Put a game on the card with the wiiflow software and make sure everything works.

When that is working for you, figure out how to get it to see the hard drive. I had to format mine to fat32, I know there is supposed to be ntfs support and on and on and on. Either way, I got that error message (not always, mind you, just 95% of the time) until I reformatted the NTFS drive to FAT32.

Now play a bit of a game off the hard drive through wiiflow on the sd card. Still good? Now move wiiflow to the hdd. same directory structure and everything.

See how I'm doing everything one piece at a time? Yah it takes forever, but how are you supposed to know what the problem is if you don't isolate it?

So now you're on a hd, with no sd in the slot and your playing a game and maybe you've even downlaoded some covers. Maybe it's worthwhile to try a forwarder now?

That's how I would proceed.

Oh and I'm using r304 personally. I tried a much newer version a couple weeks ago and had lots of trouble with no time to troubleshoot it all.

Eraserturds.

Reactions: 1 person

Saint2011

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@eraser, this was in no sence a way to ignore you or generally igore your advice.
The thing is that the freecom ran on FAT32 before i just ran the install program and made it WDFS (might have been wrong but seemed ok at the time).
I have a wiiflow running, the priloader loades, the thing itself loads and then "tada" usb picture.
If this is no obivous issue i'll try and Un-WDSF it and turn it into a Fat32 partititon to see if that works.

The drive (wich is full of other stuuf) NTFS Samsung Story 1.5tb (wich is supported in the compatible list) does not work either, I might have just screwed up with the cIOSes (wich is pretty unlikely since i used the standard mod pack and the dx2 pack)/

Greetz

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
@eraser, this was in no sence a way to ignore you or generally igore your advice.
The thing is that the freecom ran on FAT32 before i just ran the install program and made it WDFS (might have been wrong but seemed ok at the time).
I have a wiiflow running, the priloader loades, the thing itself loads and then "tada" usb picture.
If this is no obivous issue i'll try and Un-WDSF it and turn it into a Fat32 partititon to see if that works.

The drive (wich is full of other stuuf) NTFS Samsung Story 1.5tb (wich is supported in the compatible list) does not work either, I might have just screwed up with the cIOSes (wich is pretty unlikely since i used the standard mod pack and the dx2 pack)/

Greetz

If you're trying to run WiiFlow on your USB, eraseturds is on point. Go ahead and format the HDD you want to use to FAT32 (32kb clusters) I recommend Easeus Partition Master. Then make a new folder and name it WBFS. Install a game, you can use Wii Backup Manager 0.4.1. Do a clean install of wiiflow on your SD card and see if it will run your games. If you successfully play a game go ahead and transfer the apps and wiiflow folder on your SD to your USB. Then run wiiflow w/o your SD card in the slot. As long as you installed the D2X WAD Pack your cIOS's should be all set. Install IOS 58 if you want a forwarder on your System Menu. If you want you can use priiloader to boot into wiiflow but first let's make sure that you can use wiiflow with your HDD first.

eraserturds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Blah sorry I've been overly touchy lately, and not in the romantic sort of way haha.

What do you mean by the priiloader loads?

When my system boots up to the wii menu, I click the wiiflow forwarder channel to get into wiiflow or I load the homebrew channel and then load wiiflow from there.

The only time I use priiloader is when I want to change a system hack. Then I hold reset when starting up the wii. Otherwise I only used it to back up my nand. (Which actually used bootmii I think lol)

Eraserturds.

Saint2011

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@MassiveRican, The forwarder runs just fine, i get the splash screen and get to choose between Ok or Exit, wen i run it i get the "Wiiflow...." thingie so the loader loads but then goes to "plug in USB".

@eraser, No problem, everybody has their "off" days :) so don't worry about it i don't judge after one negative post haha.

With priiloader i meant a Preloader (channel) lol even this might be wrong but my bad lmao not into flashing wii's, just started.

@Massive and eraser, I'll format the thing to Fat32 and see what it does, i seriously hope the Freecom 500g hdd (with ac adapter) is supported because I can't really use my samsung, that one is used for uhm dvd backups and such hehe.

Thanks for the advice though, the only thing unclear is how to make a partition running Wiiflow from HDD instead of SD, I want my games in WDSF (if possible) because, well, it takes less space.

Greetz

Saint2011

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok lemmi go all Noob here:

I got a freecom 500g HDD (supported?) and I'm going to format it to FAT32.

Already have the channel wich connects to A (i've got multiple versions of wiiflow on my SD) Wiiflow, I've got internet access and i flashed it with the Mod above and ran teh dx2 installer (wich is really user unfriendly if you never softmodded a wii lol),

IOS58 is installed (came with the dx version, if i use the IOS 56 installer (wiiflowiki) it says it's running on 58 in the bottom left.

Used WBFS manager to format it to WBFS but turned it back into Fat32, just use it to copy backups in WBFS

Dpwmloaded Easeus Partition Master.

How do i partition the HDD for a boot?

What folders do i need to create and were do i put them?

Wich version do i need to install (download link please) to do so?

Anything else i need to know to get this dmn thing running haha, it's alot cheaper ther a Wode for instance and i really want to make it work.

*quick edit* I downloaded the latest wiiflow from wiiflowiki, formatted the disk to FAT32 (32 bytes as suggested) created a wbfs folder and the wbfs program (linked above) added it perfectly, so end of story a Fat32 partition with a WBFS folder.

Booted the Wii, started the loader, and yaaay.... i have to insert a USB HDD... *sigh*

Just go noob on me and start from the get go and i'll just do everything again...

*Another quick update*

Still nothing, but i noticed that HBC did ee my Samsung Story as a HDD (The one i don't want to use) and didn't see my Freecome 500g as a HDD (wich i want to use *sigh*), btw what happend to the online HBC browser, hardly used the WII for months but i remember a app browser.

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
Heh, just an update: I wanted to have r420 done by now, but have not had much time past week or two. Wont be on tomorrow much since its my birthday, but I'm planning to work on 3tb drives issues, mouseovers, id3 tags with song info and music controls, and a tabbed about screen with info like controls, changelog, installed cios, etc. I'm also going to be improving the wait message to use less memory. Testers have been few and far between recently on #wiiflow and I don't have a wiimote atm to test myself (dont ask, i have bad luck with wiimote destruction), so it will be all good soon I hope. All of this i hope to have done for 418, in order for it to be tested well enough in 418/419, because 420 will be a release regardless if some issues exist or not.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh, just an update: I wanted to have r420 done by now, but have not had much time past week or two. Wont be on tomorrow much since its my birthday, but I'm planning to work on 3tb drives issues, mouseovers, id3 tags with song info and music controls, and a tabbed about screen with info like controls, changelog, installed cios, etc. I'm also going to be improving the wait message to use less memory. Testers have been few and far between recently on #wiiflow and I don't have a wiimote atm to test myself (dont ask, i have bad luck with wiimote destruction), so it will be all good soon I hope. All of this i hope to have done for 418, in order for it to be tested well enough in 418/419, because 420 will be a release regardless if some issues exist or not.
Thanks for all your efforts on this and happy birthday! Do you have to be on IRC to test? I have a bunch of Wii's, lots of different hard disks and a slew of games (> 2TB now).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Back