Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
My point exactly. Stability and core usbloading with as many patches as possible is ALWAYS the #1 priority. We also chose to keep every new feature as close to unintrusive as possible, meaning there are only 2 new buttons in the coverflow so it does not become cluttered like "some other loader". Fanart and trailers and stuff was not a priority to me, and nor was it r-wins, hell he didnt originally even plan on it being in the svn. But once he started to add it to appease some of the ppl begging for it, he got attached to it as well because its so flexible and cool looking.

The channels feature was put in to allow us to already have a backbone when it comes to nand emu, which IS usb-loading no matter what definition you take of it.
DVD launching was added because it only took a very few lines of code to allow it, and runs on the same exact setup as launching from usb, so why not let ppl launch their games how they wish? Also the games that cant be loaded in wiiflow correctly ALWAYS can from disc, with patches.

I personally dont care if a few of the "old school" dont like our direction at the moment, because I and the other developers know full and well that we are taking this project in the best possible direction for it. It has gotten increasingly more popular because of it.

If you disagree with the direction tell it to your wife or gf or someone else, dont come and troll the thread, simple as that. There are plenty of people actively involved that discuss this shit daily, and have plenty of experience and know full well the implications of it all. Just because you are behind the curtain and dont understand shit does not make it wrong or fail. Wiiflow brings something for every user type, and attempts to cater to all possible needs without ruining its simplistic essence. Nothing that has been added, useful or not, has ruined this essence.

This will be the end of it, if you dont like whats happenning here, dont post here.

roku93

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Mugotu: I hope you read my last post, I did in no way want to tell you to stop doing what you do, or tell it's the wrong direction or anything. Keep adding the features, when you add NAND emulation I assure you I'll be one of the first to update! I didn't mean to start a debate about anything; I only wanted to say that I won't update my themes because I'm still on an older version.

LocoRoco

Trophies
XP
Country
cant wait for nand emulation....
biggrin.gif
that will make wiiflow the top loader... it already has best looking UI

Cherripez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LocoRoco said:
biggrin.gif

I personally feel the default themes buttons could use a touchup or redo, because they don't look as good as you'd think they would considering how well the coverflow looks.

skx7

Trophies
XP
Country
Cherripez said:
LocoRoco said:
biggrin.gif

I personally feel the default themes buttons could use a touchup or redo, because they don't look as good as you'd think they would considering how well the coverflow looks.

i 100% agree with you. the menus should be smaller too. for instance the cheat menu - we can easliy show 8 cheats on 1 screen.

mgrimmenator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sakax said:
Cherripez said:
LocoRoco said:
biggrin.gif

i 100% agree with you. the menus should be smaller too. for instance the cheat menu - we can easliy show 8 cheats on 1 screen.

well if you don't like the default theme or its not working for you, then try one of the others. Also you can modify one to make the font on the cheats menu smaller so you can see more. it is flexible if your willing to spend time to adjust.

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
Arm the Homeless said:
Can WiiFlow just list the games, say like GX does?

Coverflow is retarded.

yeah lol...
Wiiflow...for "Flow of titles"...
that's witty
yaywii.gif

BTW...your expression "Coverflow is Retarted" in the Wiiflow thread...is quite retarded too.

Come back again...we have brownies next wednesday.

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pakatus said:
Arm the Homeless said:

Coverflow is retarded.

yeah lol...
that's witty
yaywii.gif

BTW...your expression "Coverflow is Retarted" in the Wiiflow thread...is quite retarded too.

Yes, I can read. I know that the name is "Wiiflow", as in "Coverflow".
I just thought they might've added additional user interfaces.

And "Coverflow is retarded" isn't an expression. It's a statement. And it wasn't retarded to begin with; I'm allowed to express my own opinions, am I not?

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
Arm the Homeless said:
Pakatus said:
Arm the Homeless said:

Coverflow is retarded.

yeah lol...
that's witty
yaywii.gif

And "Coverflow is retarded" isn't an expression. It's a statement. And it wasn't retarded to begin with; I'm allowed to express my own opinions, am I not?
No, there is no such thing as free of speech on private msg board.

Pip'

terminal_illness

Dark Hadou Master
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Pippin666 said:
Arm the Homeless said:
Pakatus said:
Arm the Homeless said:

Coverflow is retarded.

yeah lol...
that's witty
yaywii.gif

No, there is no such thing as free of speech on private msg board.

Pip'

lmao

42943d1244227297-can-you-believe-i-got-fired-do_not_feed_trolls.jpg

Cherripez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mgrimmenator said:
well if you don't like the default theme or its not working for you, then try one of the others. Also you can modify one to make the font on the cheats menu smaller so you can see more. it is flexible if your willing to spend time to adjust.
So is there a way to keep the default theme but change the buttons? I can probably come up with some replacement buttons but I'm not sure exactly how to go about doing it since it's just a .ini. I'd rather not use a theme because they're all pretty obnoxious in my opinion, I'd just like to clean up the default a bit.

mgrimmenator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cherripez said:
mgrimmenator said:
So is there a way to keep the default theme but change the buttons? I can probably come up with some replacement buttons but I'm not sure exactly how to go about doing it since it's just a .ini. I'd rather not use a theme because they're all pretty obnoxious in my opinion, I'd just like to clean up the default a bit.

themes are done with an ini, you should get or see a default.ini in the themes directory which is the theme info for the default. i don't think it is complete though and the images are not there. you would probably do better making a copy of an existing theme and changing out the buttons and such. either way there is no application written yet that makes creating themes easy.

i have been toying around with the idea to make a pc application for creating wiiflow themes but don't have alot of time right now.

Daileon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
How can I contact the developer team of WiiFlow?

I've created a system that generate GamerTags for Wii, to show the last played games on Wii.

I've called it www.wiinnertag.com.

I've already done the changes needed in some loaders, but I want to add as many as possible. The changes are VERY minor, and have no impact in the functionality, since the functionality is mainly on the server side.

It features backgrounds of various sizes, and completely configurable, from the texts that are exhibited, to the number and type of covers of the tag.

As an example of the changes, the changes done in the CFG Loader can be found in the patch file (included in the pack available in the site, or at http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R4BINJLW).

Can you please consider adding the support to it in the features of the official source code? If needed, I may do the changes needed.
smile.gif

An example of the images that the system generates (the "No Image" pics are from games that don't have covers in WiiTDB):
daileon.jpg

oldi.jpg

Claywm.jpg

BispoSnake.jpg

Spot.jpg

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: There has to be some mutual agreement with them all anything over $600 is just pc territory