mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
icebrg5 said:
On googlecode page it says 133 is the lastest but doing the auto update shows nothing.

I'm currently on 117
Exactly the point i have been making. if it says "r" in front of it it is not a release, that stands for Revision. Many revisions are made in between releases, and even betas. Only a select FEW betas make their way into the updates, and then all betas get removed once a release is made. That is how all projects work that make betas available. Developmental builds are strictly UNSUPPORTED and will NEVER be on the update server.

roku93

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
nando said:
is the mac os x theme updated for the latest release?

There are a lot of reasons for why Mac OS X theme wont be updated. Lack of time and interest for example. I haven't even upgraded from Hibern's 1.1, if I recall, beacuse for me this project is getting the wrong features. I don't want to watch trailers, sorry. This isn't my vision of the project, nor was it Hibern's, but whatever.

If someone wants to update my theme, you can do that no problem. If I ever regain my interest for the project, I'll start fresh and do a better non-osx theme because frankly, it sucks.

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
roku93 said:
nando said:

There are a lot of reasons for why Mac OS X theme wont be updated. Lack of time and interest for example. I haven't even upgraded from Hibern's 1.1, if I recall, beacuse for me this project is getting the wrong features. I don't want to watch trailers, sorry. This isn't my vision of the project, nor was it Hibern's, but whatever.

If someone wants to update my theme, you can do that no problem. If I ever regain my interest for the project, I'll start fresh and do a better non-osx theme because frankly, it sucks.
Who are you to determine Hibernatus' vision? He just happened to stop by the irc to congratulate us for being able to take his code to these new levels. Trailers are not the only thing that has been added, and the code changes are not only new features. There are tons of stability fixes and performance enhancements. I don't use the trailersfeature myself but wth... if you dont want trailers you never know the featuere exists. There is no gui button or anything to even give you a hint the feature is there. The ratio of function:form is pretty high, and every app must have SOME eye candy. It's this eye candy that you started using wiiflow for to begin with... You liked the coverflow.

Anyways, if you or anyone else has the psd files for the images in any themes it would be nice if they could be given out if they are not going to get updated. We have some ppl that could update them.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
roku93 said:
nando said:

Amen.

@mugotu: Stability fixes and performance enhancements, no problem, needed and I'm thankful for those (and I think nobody is against them
rolleyes.gif
). And again, nothing against things which support Eye-Candy (such as Trailers and Fanart). But I'm not happy with an Updater, with Disc-Loading, with loading Channels, etc. It doesn't matter if you hide them, you still need to make buttons, etc. I think that's what roku93 meant. It's an USB-Loader for disc games in it's core, and as far as I understood it, Hibern wanted a simple loader which loads disc games from USB, and not more (though, I may be wrong here). Loading Disc-Games, Things from GeckoOS (like Cheats, Language Force, etc.), updating the GUI for more Eye-Candy, and keeping up with the latest Innovations (like FAT32/NTFS). That's all I need. The rest is for me useless.

You're doing an awesome work, I respect it, and it's still stable, though there are so much features, which is amazing (look at GX ). Good work, but simply not my idea of an USB-Loader.

terminal_illness

Dark Hadou Master
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
projects evolve deal with it...

wow mugotu, im surprised you put up with all of these whiney comments. keep up the good work, and i will welcome ANY new feature because features kick ass...

why would anyone want a dumbed down moron proof loader? i want all the features i can get....

like nand emulation. i cant wait for it!!!

p.s if you people think the added features are useless then DONT USE THEM. simple as that.

Baboo77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think all these whiners forget that these guys are doing this for free!! WTF are you complain about? You didn't pay for any of it, you didn't have to do any work for it, all you have to do is load up your games and enjoy the benefits of somebody elses hard efforts. Its stable, it loads games well, it looks fantastic, and its got a bunch of cool features which you can choose to use or not use.

I like practical stuff, cios compatibilty, the update feature, and maybe emulated nand are a big thing for me. I don't boot my wii directly into wiiflow so the channels menu never really gets used, but the auto return to wiiflow when exiting a game, brilliant, I love it!! I couldn't care less about fanart and trailers but that doesn't mean they are useless. I know quite a few people that have decked out their wii with them and it looks awesome. I can understand why some people wanted it so much.

My point is, these guys are building the ultimate loader, its has features for every player type and they are doing it all for free. So quit whining!! Try and code your own if your not happy.

Keep up the amazing work guys!! I'm looking forward to the next release.

roku93

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
mugotu said:
roku93 said:
nando said:

Who are you to determine Hibernatus' vision? He just happened to stop by the irc to congratulate us for being able to take his code to these new levels. Trailers are not the only thing that has been added, and the code changes are not only new features. There are tons of stability fixes and performance enhancements. I don't use the trailersfeature myself but wth... if you dont want trailers you never know the featuere exists. There is no gui button or anything to even give you a hint the feature is there. The ratio of function:form is pretty high, and every app must have SOME eye candy. It's this eye candy that you started using wiiflow for to begin with... You liked the coverflow.

Anyways, if you or anyone else has the psd files for the images in any themes it would be nice if they could be given out if they are not going to get updated. We have some ppl that could update them.

I didn't mean to be whiney, or anything like that. I just feel this thing isn't for me anymore, and there isn't anything that I would want to update the loader for. But hey, wow, you mean there's more eye candy now? Maybe I should consider updating..
wink.gif

I would give out the .psd's to my theme but unfortunately I don't have them. But I thought it's more like updating the theme.ini file? And sure anyone who knows his way around photoshop can copy the style of the theme.

BTW, is anyone willing to finish and maintain this theme I don't have time to finish?
29m0rc1.jpg

For this one I do have .psd's and most of the .ini file available. PM me if you're interested.

Kalidor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
For me , R130 is a disaster !

Many covers corrupted , same things , with a new cache !

Back in 122 or not ?

HEEELLLPPPP !

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
Kalidor said:
For me , R130 is a disaster !

Many covers corrupted , same things , with a new cache !

Back in 122 or not ?

HEEELLLPPPP !

Hey....130 is a alpha...not even a beta.
Its done to help the dev's set the course to make this better.
Dont cry over it...

@Blue-K and roku93

I've been with wiiflow since the start, with the Hibernatus. Since the teaser he has done "just-flowed-the-covers", until the first POC.
Well, this loader was small....and its getting bigger. Sure it's having another features, and maybe not all will ber usefull to load games, but ...at least it's alive....and kicking.
The trick about evolution, is to make a planned evolution.
The structure on wiiflow is solid...we have the dev's cooking the work for us and we have a base of skilled testers that trace the bugs for the dev's. On top of it, we have the irc channel that helps to maintain comunications between all parts of the team, and even help out the new users of wiiflow.
Is it different from the times of Hibernatus and Narolez?!... Sure it is..its different, but not worse.

Sure we have eye candies not everyone uses...(Farnart, Trailers)...but hey. It's there, and it doesnt forces you to use it. I dont use it for instance...except when i want to impress other ppl that drop by my house. Sure it might requires some work on themes, but usually it pays off in the end. The Themers have done an amazing job (Jiiwah and Benjay).

And when i said about "planned evolution"...well...as you can seem this has got new features since the Narolez latest release. And well, we have a solid loader that loads 99,9% of the games i've tried on it. If everything loads, if everything is solid on the releases, if people like the work of the dev's....why this isn't SIMPLY THE BEST LOADER AROUND? (i know this sentence will release the trolls...but bring it). Even Hibernatus has dropped in the IRC to congrats the Dev team for the amazing work in his "messy code" (his words)
wink.gif

I respect your opinion, and i kinda understand your point of view. But now, try to understand mine.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well said Pakatus, even though i am concerned sometimes about the "stability vs. features" of Wiiflow, i like very much the way Wiiflow developed.

I guess its still up to personal preference for everybody.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The only CoD game I played that I truly enjoyed was Black Ops 1, and only the single player...