Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

Fox888

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry r-win
bow.gif

but it piss me off then people are talking about r99999 and 999999999 without sharing!!
bad karma
hate2.gif

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
edg0020 said:
Can someone please explain to me how does the new feature of categories works? I see the option but I do not know how to visually seperate the games to their assigned category. Thank you. BTW I am really impress by all the feature wiiflow has it's amazing what it can do. Keep up the great work guys you rock.

Go into the individual game settings menu and you can assign the game to a category.
You can rename the categories by opening up the wiiflow.ini on your computer and renaming them to whatever you want.

by default its
category 1 = category 1

you can change it to whatever you want for example

category 1= racing

djbubba2002

Trophies
XP
Country
If you guys want fanart , come to

www.wiifanart.com

come sign up , i am putting up 200 toaday or tomorrow give me time ..

roastedvegetable

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since upgrading to Wiiflow R43 and above, there is a slowdown in framerate which occurs after a while of scrolling through all your titles. It only lasts for maybe one box moving on the screen and then picks up speed again. Is there a way to avoid this?

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
davidsl_128 said:
[
Wiiflow 2.0? Cool! There's only one feature I think is missing though; being able to play Rock Band 2 with Hermes' IOS v5 (IOS222 works but IOS223 doesn't, and that's the one needed to play DLC!)
222 or 223 has nothing to do with wether you can play DLC, its what base IOS you use to install those base IOS. Rock Band 2 plays fine in wiiflow with DLC if you have your CIOS set up right. The only reason ppl USUALLY say 223 is because it is often recommended that you install 223 with base 37, which gives support for instruments. I dont think we do DLC from SD card atm though.

icebrg5 said:
QUOTE(edg0020 @ Jun 19 2010, 01:33 AM) Can someone please explain to me how does the new feature of categories works? I see the option but I do not know how to visually seperate the games to their assigned category. Thank you. BTW I am really impress by all the feature wiiflow has it's amazing what it can do. Keep up the great work guys you rock.

Go into the individual game settings menu and you can assign the game to a category.
You can rename the categories by opening up the wiiflow.ini on your computer and renaming them to whatever you want.

by default its
category 1 = category 1

you can change it to whatever you want for example

category 1= racing
AND then you change what category you are viewing by pressing B over the Star.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Got an issue with wiiflow 2.0

Using Wiiflow 2.0 249 version
Fat32 drive(one partition)
ciosRev19

After deleting a game from wiiflow the game cover still shows up in the list.If you try to play the game it just reboots back to wiiflow menu because the game is gone but cover is still shown and click able and all the settings for the individual game can still be changed as well.

I deleted 5 different games.
4 covers still showed up after being deleted.
1 cover did disappear.

Reinstalling the game from disc resulted in two covers being shown for the same game.One cover works and loads the game and the other does not.

Before i used wiiflow 2.0 i deleted the wiiflow.ini file and started fresh and let wiiflow create a new one.

ANOTHER ISSUE

games not in proper order

Super Mario Galaxy 2 comes in the list before Super Mario Galaxy.

There are others as well but thats just for example to get an idea of what it is doing.

jsugarsmacks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I LOVE the new WiiFlow. I was able to run it first time from scratch (although I did keep my covers and reuse them). I found some great music for backgrounds if anyone is interested. Search Google for andy hofle arcade ambience and it should be the first link that pops up. The files are mp3 format and an hour long each but you can cut them down to about 10 minutes and convert them to ogg and they fit very nicely with the feel of WiiFlow. There is only one thing that bothers me about music in WiiFlow. Would it be possible to turn the music off when a game is selected and it plays its music and then the background music restarted after it was unselected?

Narolez

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks to r-win, Miigotu and all testers and themers for further development. Thanks also go to Bubba for the fanart and other stuff.
Great job - nice team!

I am glad to see that WiiFlow is alive!

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Fox888 said:
Sorry r-win
bow.gif

but it piss me off then people are talking about r99999 and 999999999 without sharing!!
bad karma
hate2.gif
Heh Fox888, I can imagine that. However, that was a choice we made. We only shared the pre releases through IRC, so that we could have control over who got it, and where they posted their bugs (in the chat). Actually, I agree with you on one part: we shouldn't have discussed it here
tongue.gif

However, will you try 2.0? It's pretty cool, if I may say so myself
smile.gif

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
roastedvegetableritz said:
Since upgrading to Wiiflow R43 and above, there is a slowdown in framerate which occurs after a while of scrolling through all your titles. It only lasts for maybe one box moving on the screen and then picks up speed again. Is there a way to avoid this?
Well, that is strange, since there is no lookup for fanart when you're in coverflow mode. We'll look into it.

Alkis30

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thanks a lot guys for 2.0 . I installed the IOS223 version and everything runs perfect from the second WBFS partition !!!!

jodur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
r-win said:
Well, that is strange, since there is no lookup for fanart when you're in coverflow mode. We'll look into it.

I noticed this also to with the official release. In the pre-betas i tested this wasn't the case. The only new thing in this release are the themes.
After deleting the default.ini in the themes directory, scrolling was normal again. Maybe a wrong value in the default.ini ? The others thems don't have these problems?

Nice job r-win, also the cancel download issue seems to be fixed. Thanks alot for all effort you and miigoto are putting into this!

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
icebrg5 said:
Got an issue with wiiflow 2.0

Using Wiiflow 2.0 249 version
Fat32 drive(one partition)
ciosRev19

After deleting a game from wiiflow the game cover still shows up in the list.If you try to play the game it just reboots back to wiiflow menu because the game is gone but cover is still shown and click able and all the settings for the individual game can still be changed as well.

I deleted 5 different games.
4 covers still showed up after being deleted.
1 cover did disappear.

Reinstalling the game from disc resulted in two covers being shown for the same game.One cover works and loads the game and the other does not.

Before i used wiiflow 2.0 i deleted the wiiflow.ini file and started fresh and let wiiflow create a new one.

ANOTHER ISSUE

games not in proper order

Super Mario Galaxy 2 comes in the list before Super Mario Galaxy.

There are others as well but thats just for example to get an idea of what it is doing.
Please dont re-report a bug in irc, AND the forum, AND the bug tracker... If you have already told us about it on irc, reporting it somewhere else won't get it done any faster. Littering the thread and bug tracker with the same thing you've already reported is no good.

roastedvegetable

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jodur said:
r-win said:

I noticed this also to with the official release. In the pre-betas i tested this wasn't the case. The only new thing in this release are the themes.
After deleting the default.ini in the themes directory, scrolling was normal again. Maybe a wrong value in the default.ini ? The others thems don't have these problems?

Nice job r-win, also the cancel download issue seems to be fixed. Thanks alot for all effort you and miigoto are putting into this!

Actually for me it happens in all versions after Hibern's original 1.1. I didn't know if it was my installation or if this occurs for everyone but I even tried starting out fresh with all original files removed from my card but the framerate issue was still there, like after scrolling every once in a while the animation lags for a second or two. Loving the new fanart by the way.
smile.gif

Fox888

Trophies
XP
Country
Heh Fox888, I can imagine that. However, that was a choice we made. We only shared the pre releases through IRC, so that we could have control over who got it, and where they posted their bugs (in the chat). Actually, I agree with you on one part: we shouldn't have discussed it here
tongue.gif

However, will you try 2.0? It's pretty cool, if I may say so myself
smile.gif

[/quote]

Yeah! the new 2.0 is pretty cool.
yaywii.gif

Thanks r-win

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Someone should ask Zorglub to update the first post
wink.gif

PS : someone reported me a typo in my violet.ini , that prevents the background to be displayed when you install a game.
It's fixed , and i've sent the correct version to R-win , but you can grab it here :
http://benjay.free.fr/wiiflow/violet.rar

(Thx to | ReD | for this report).

xabby666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok, an issue in 224 release. When i go to config window 7, and i pass with wiimote to the partizion option it's freeze, so in new system window sametimes.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Whats the difference between the 5 WiiFlow versions? I mean, you can set up the IOS you want to use in the options, so whats the point of these 5 versions?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Let me finish do the harder drugs