Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

wiimanizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
terminal_illness said:
why cant we have it auto detect fat32, wbfs, or ntfs.
It should already do that...
QUOTE(wiimanizer @ Mar 14 2010, 10:35 PM) will wiiflow work when using separate usb drives? i have a 16GB flash drive formatted with FAT which i use to store apps and .wads and such(which is currently connected to the back of my wii) and a portable 500GB(partitioned to have 340GB wbfs & 120GB ntfs [for windows usage]) usb hdd WBFS formatted which isn't connected as of now. so what i'm asking here is that since wiiflow needs a wbfs drive and a FAT drive, will it work if i use the usb flash drive first upon loading the app and then switching it out for the wbfs formatted hdd? also, i use a 1GB sd card specially stored with many wiiware games that is almost all filled up, but with 14-15 MB remaining.
At the first start of WiiFlow, it checks if there's a FAT32-Partition on your Drive. If there isn't, it places itself (and all Covers/Themes/etc.) in the SD. So you'll need a FAT32 AND WBFS (if you want to load from WBFS. You could also load from FAT32/NTFS) active at the same time. Switching won't work. And 14-15 MB should be enough for WiiFlow itself, but you won't have any space for covers/themes/etc., so it's kinda useless...

Though, the NTFS-Lib is getting better, maybe sometimes WiiFlow can write Games/Images/etc. on an NTFS-Partition...but not right now.
so with the situation that i'm in, is there something that you'd recommend me doing?

edit: is wiiflow able to load wiiware games?

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Any one know the correct setting (if there are any) for monster hunter tri to work on this loader?

I have hermes v4 from xzxeros guide and cIOS[57]rev19 and I'm completely baffled!

I'v searched around and some people say it work, some say otherwise, but no definitive answer.

Any help appreciated.

KiiWii

terminal_illness

Dark Hadou Master
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
KiiWii said:
Any one know the correct setting (if there are any) for monster hunter tri to work on this loader?

I have hermes v4 from xzxeros guide and cIOS[57]rev19 and I'm completely baffled!

I'v searched around and some people say it work, some say otherwise, but no definitive answer.

Any help appreciated.

KiiWii
if you mean the demo it loads perfectly for me.

Jiiwah

Trophies
XP
Country
France
WARNING : THIS VERSION IS A TEST VERSION. IT WAS UPLOADED BY R-WIN IN /svn/branches/ NOT IN /svn/trunk/

Wiiflow 1.1r37 with FAT/NTFS support by r-win :

Changelog:
* Fixed NFS WBFS_Open -1 error
* Fixed bannersounds
* Fixed some minor theme stuff (CHEAT/BG and CHEAT/USERx labels)
* Removed stupid debug thing which always set data_on_usb to on
* Fixed bug in readonly functions of WBFS partitions

Wiiflow 1.1r37 with English XML

Wiiflow 1.1r37 avec XML en français

Wiiflow folder with covers MUST be on SD

!! Wiiflow StarNight Theme will be nearly updated !!

WARNING : THIS VERSION IS A TEST VERSION. IT WAS UPLOADED BY R-WIN IN /svn/branches/ NOT IN /svn/trunk/

r0bb12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, NTFS is working ! Banner sound too !
Thank you r-win !

Edit : Core dump when trying to set Carbonik or StarNight theme

Kovani

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It seems that r37 is using IOS222 as the default IOS. Is there a way to change that for IOS249?

[Edit] I'll compile it myself if anyone know what to edit in the source code.

Kovani

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Forget the link I've posted. I made a mistake and compiled /svn/trunk instead of /svn/branches. Sorry everyone.

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
r0bb12 said:
Edit : Core dump when trying to set Carbonik or StarNight theme

No problem for me with Carbonik or Starnight theme.....(just the missing background in cheat menu with Starnight but Jiiwah will update his theme quickly
wink.gif
)

This is my updated themes for the little fixes in cheat menu :

http://benjay.free.fr/wiiflow/CARBONIK.rar

http://benjay.free.fr/wiiflow/GREEN.rar

http://benjay.free.fr/wiiflow/VIOLET.rar

EDIT : i'm still unable to download cheats with R37 , Nixx is aware and may have a look to it ASAP
wink.gif

Doctair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Jiiwah said:
Wiiflow folder with covers MUST be on SD

Does this mean the HQcovers download bug to USB drive is still there?

Great progress and fast bug fixing, Great work Wiiflow Devs!

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Doctair said:

yes.
btw , if you don't plan on downloading new covers , no need to move your cover folder to your SD.
The bug is here only if you download covers
wink.gif

wiimanizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiimanizer said:
Blue-K said:
terminal_illness said:
why cant we have it auto detect fat32, wbfs, or ntfs.
It should already do that...
QUOTE(wiimanizer @ Mar 14 2010, 10:35 PM) will wiiflow work when using separate usb drives? i have a 16GB flash drive formatted with FAT which i use to store apps and .wads and such(which is currently connected to the back of my wii) and a portable 500GB(partitioned to have 340GB wbfs & 120GB ntfs [for windows usage]) usb hdd WBFS formatted which isn't connected as of now. so what i'm asking here is that since wiiflow needs a wbfs drive and a FAT drive, will it work if i use the usb flash drive first upon loading the app and then switching it out for the wbfs formatted hdd? also, i use a 1GB sd card specially stored with many wiiware games that is almost all filled up, but with 14-15 MB remaining.
At the first start of WiiFlow, it checks if there's a FAT32-Partition on your Drive. If there isn't, it places itself (and all Covers/Themes/etc.) in the SD. So you'll need a FAT32 AND WBFS (if you want to load from WBFS. You could also load from FAT32/NTFS) active at the same time. Switching won't work. And 14-15 MB should be enough for WiiFlow itself, but you won't have any space for covers/themes/etc., so it's kinda useless...

Though, the NTFS-Lib is getting better, maybe sometimes WiiFlow can write Games/Images/etc. on an NTFS-Partition...but not right now.
so with the situation that i'm in, is there something that you'd recommend me doing?

edit: is wiiflow able to load wiiware games?
also, looking straight forward at the wii from the backside, will wiiflow work properly if both wbfs-formatted hdd and a fat32 flash drive are connected, say like a wbfs hdd is connected on the right and the fat32 connected on the left?

r0bb12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I had core dump when trying to set Carbonik or Starnight theme because I was using Cios 249 Rev 14. After upgrade it to Rev19 changing theme works again.
But now, I can't load any game, trying to set ios 249, 222, 223, nothing works.
Can someone help?

Doctair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Benjay said:
Doctair said:

yes.
btw , if you don't plan on downloading new covers , no need to move your cover folder to your SD.
The bug is here only if you download covers
wink.gif

I was using r28 and when I updated to r31 my covers were broken, but then I read the changelog and see they moved it to a new structure USB:/apps/wiiflow/Covers ..etc..

So I copied the all the cover art from the orginal wiiflow directory on the USB root and put them in the new folder structure.. all is good.

But I still need to download covers as I am adding new titles to my USB drive. So should I wait for this to be updated or manually install the covers to the folders??

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
if it's just for a few games , download them from WiiTDB on your PC , and add them manually.

Or wait for a fix , but no one knows how long it will take
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof