Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

halen

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I need a little help of my friends. Well i move my wiiflow directory from USB to sd and i rename the paths to keep the boxcovers dir in usb. Well all of games and plugins are working very well but when i press the gamecube icon in source menu the wiiflow send to me a message that is disable. What is wrong? How i do to set DML in wiiflow.ini to work with wiiflow in sdcard and the gamecube games in USB?

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I need a little help of my friends. Well i move my wiiflow directory from USB to sd and i rename the paths to keep the boxcovers dir in usb. Well all of games and plugins are working very well but when i press the gamecube icon in source menu the wiiflow send to me a message that is disable. What is wrong? How i do to set DML in wiiflow.ini to work with wiiflow in sdcard and the gamecube games in USB?

Put your problem in bold there buddy, you're using DML = Dios Mios Lite = SD version. Use Dios Mios instead

halen

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
mightymuffy OK!!! I try to explain. First: [DML] Gamecube Section in Wiiflow.ini. I install Wiiflow in SD CARD (fresh install) and change the paths (SD:/wiiflow/Boxcovers to USB1:/wiiflow/Boxcovers. Whats happened? Only game cube games is not working. When i press the gamecube buttom in Source MENU wiiflow show me that gamecube is disable. Well i open the wiiflow.ini and in [DML] section the path is oK! usb1:/games but the gamecube stay disable.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Fix94... getting an error trying to compile r1071...

Code:
> "make"
Make App Booter
dolloader.o
elfloader.o
main.o
string.o
sync.o
crt0.o
linking ... app_booter.elf
output ... app_booter.bin
Make WiiFlow Loader
crt0.s
crt0.s: Assembler messages:
crt0.s:26: Error: invalid operands (*UND* and *UND* sections) for `|'
crt0.s:40: Error: invalid operands (*UND* and *UND* sections) for `|'
crt0.s:112: Error: invalid operands (*UND* and *UND* sections) for `|'
crt0.s:36: Error: unsupported relocation against rHID0
crt0.s:38: Error: unsupported relocation against MSR_FP
crt0.s:41: Error: unsupported relocation against rHID0
crt0.s:204: Error: unsupported relocation against rHID0
crt0.s:210: Error: unsupported relocation against rHID0
crt0.s:243: Error: unsupported relocation against rHID0
crt0.s:244: Error: unsupported relocation against HID0_SPD
crt0.s:245: Error: unsupported relocation against rHID0
crt0.s:246: Error: unsupported relocation against rHID2
crt0.s:248: Error: unsupported relocation against rHID2
make[1]: *** [crt0.o] Error 1
"make": *** [all] Error 2

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I know, that was because it didnt see the change from crt0.s to crt0.S which normally says the compiler to automatically fill in those lines so it just errors. I've added a explicit rule in r1072 to get around that, otherwise I would need to remove the crt0.s, commit, readd the crt0.S, commit :P

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
mightymuffy OK!!! I try to explain. First: [DML] Gamecube Section in Wiiflow.ini. I install Wiiflow in SD CARD (fresh install) and change the paths (SD:/wiiflow/Boxcovers to USB1:/wiiflow/Boxcovers. Whats happened? Only game cube games is not working. When i press the gamecube buttom in Source MENU wiiflow show me that gamecube is disable. Well i open the wiiflow.ini and in [DML] section the path is oK! usb1:/games but the gamecube stay disable.
Have you installed the Dios Mios wad (for usb) or Dios Mios Lite wad (that's for sd)? I suspect even with auto mios switching on if you only have DML installed it won't see your games on your usb..
It's the WAD files that are important here - editing the wiiflow.ini won't make much of a difference if you have the wrong dios mios installed into your system (although I'm not 100% sure)

infidelity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im running into an issue. it's been quite awhile since ive updated to new stuff.

First let me tell you my setup

I have a Wii U, with a hacked vWii.

When I got the Wii U, I was able to hack the vWii so my Wii game forward channels for WiiFlow would continue to work, and they do so.

For creating my forward channels, I used a program called 'Crap'

Now this was long ago, but now...

I've recently updated my stuff, to where only my USB contains WiiFlow, the homebrew channel has it described as 'Version 1067'

I'm able to load my games, homebrew, nand, emunand, plugins, all from within WiiFlow.

But all my Wii game forward channels on my vWii System Menu, no longer load, the screen just stays black, and resets back to the vWii System Menu.

Can someone please help, I'm sorry ive been out of the loop for so long. I'm hoping this can all be done with WiiFlow only being on my USB, since my entire library of roms/iso's are located on my usb hdd.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know, that was because it didnt see the change from crt0.s to crt0.S which normally says the compiler to automatically fill in those lines so it just errors. I've added a explicit rule in r1072 to get around that, otherwise I would need to remove the crt0.s, commit, readd the crt0.S, commit :P

Thanks! r1072 compiles nicely. Have to prep for a lodge meeting, will do some testing with it later tonight.

halen

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
mightymuffy I have installed dios-mios lite and dios-mios. Well when i put the wiiflow dir in USB the gamecube works. Wiiflow souce menu recognize my gamecube games and load the covers. With wiiflow in SD Card source menu not recognize. I dont know whats happened ? If the problem was the DIOS-MIOS.wad installed why gamecube works in USB and in SD CARD no?

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
mightymuffy I have installed dios-mios lite and dios-mios. Well when i put the wiiflow dir in USB the gamecube works. Wiiflow souce menu recognize my gamecube games and load the covers. With wiiflow in SD Card source menu not recognize. I dont know whats happened ? If the problem was the DIOS-MIOS.wad installed why gamecube works in USB and in SD CARD no?
:lol: - Sorry man, now we're on the same wavelength! No idea then *blushes*, it must be a setting you've got slightly wrong, as I run wiiflow the program from SD and games from usb.. I'm assuming once you get the disabled message you've then clicked Settings and switched the directory to usb (if it's not on that already)?

EDIT: Oooh, just pulled up my wiiflow.ini: I've got (on an older version of wiiflow though)
'dir_usb_games=games' - maybe dml only searches for usb and not usb1? Either way if you've got DM installed you probably don't need to edit the ini for it and simply change directory to usb in Settings?

BitBot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
ye i think its the starnight theme. but when it was on an old version of wiiflow it was built in as a default i think so there wasnt any files in the themes folder. thats my guess anyway

BitBot, your first screen is starnight theme, the second ... hum... i dont know...

Thanks guys, re: post #15113, you were right that was the StarNight theme and it's working better than ever on r1068. The second pic was a view that's actually still included in the default theme. Thanks for your help.

hicandturkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question. I am getting a **DISABLED** message when I click on the Gamecube icon in the Source Menu after playing any of the Quadforce games. The gamecube loader is set to auto. Anyone know what could be causing this?

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
^ +1 - Top work from Mr Fix.
Been a bit busy, but as this boot animation was quite popular, I thought I should share

WiiFlow r1072 build

Click on the pic to download.

EDIT: See the 'Project Home' page of the open wiiflow mod googlecode site for links to builds with the vanilla boot animation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto