Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

flamepanther

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got the new Wiiflow v4.2, and have 2 questions, could anyone help me out:) ?

1. The Wiiflow source code page says "-a new Source Menu feature to select multiple coverflows to display at the same time" Does this mean multisource lets you have a source menu button that displays both my real nand and emu nand at the same time?

2. I noticed B no longer returns you to the source menu. I know this was talked about in the forums as being potentially removed, but last I heard it was going to be an option in wiiflow.ini. I didn't see it in wiiflow.ini, so does anyone know how to enable it? If it's not option, is there anyway to get back to the source menu after selecting a source other than restarting Wiiflow?
As far as #1, what you do is select more than one source icon at once. Use the + button on the remote to select or de-select a source.

Apostrophe

VIDEO GAMES
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as #1, what you do is select more than one source icon at once. Use the + button on the remote to select or de-select a source.

Ah Alright, thank you. I still haven't figured out how to return to the source menu in this new version of Wiiflow if anyone can shed some light:unsure:.
Oh and one more question if you guys don't mind. Is the Exit to button completely removed now? Is there no way to get to the system menu, or homebrew channel or emu nand from Wiiflow?

flamepanther

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pressing B still works for me, so I don't know about the source menu not coming up for you. Do you have a custom sources list configured?

I am able to exit to system menu, *NEEK and HBC by pressing the Home button on the remote.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got the new Wiiflow v4.2, and have 2 questions, could anyone help me out:) ?

1. The Wiiflow source code page says "-a new Source Menu feature to select multiple coverflows to display at the same time" Does this mean multisource lets you have a source menu button that displays both my real nand and emu nand at the same time?

2. I noticed B no longer returns you to the source menu. I know this was talked about in the forums as being potentially removed, but last I heard it was going to be an option in wiiflow.ini. I didn't see it in wiiflow.ini, so does anyone know how to enable it? If it's not option, is there anyway to get back to the source menu after selecting a source other than restarting Wiiflow?
no you can't display real nand and emu nand at the same time.

you have to enable the source menu for b to take you to the source menu. look for use_source= under GENERAL and set it to yes or get r1004 and go to config>startup settings>manage source menu and enable it there.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah Alright, thank you. I still haven't figured out how to return to the source menu in this new version of Wiiflow if anyone can shed some light:unsure:.
Oh and one more question if you guys don't mind. Is the Exit to button completely removed now? Is there no way to get to the system menu, or homebrew channel or emu nand from Wiiflow?
to exit to those things go to the home menu and select exit to

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just looks amazing, thanks fledge AND Abz for all your hard work.
I'll stop saying 'thanks' now, I'm starting to get strange looks...

Replace the boot.dol in your apps/wiiflow folder with this one:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/auif1kd8j2aqmes/boot.dol
sourceflow is cool but i still like the classic better. sourceflow covers aren't as crisp and are hard to read and with a lot of them hard to find the one you want. Neat idea but i think i'll stick with classic. but glad you are happy spacepimp, now you have a lot more free time since you won't be begging for sourceflow. :)

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I had an idea
BlueDump mod has added the ability to dump content.bin files (channels the system menu or shop channel has stored to the SD card) to WAD's.
http://code.google.com/p/bluedump-mod/source/detail?r=13

It seems very possible to me that you could use that code to just extract those titles to emuNAND and then run them from there (if it could just be loaded into memory and run directly, even better but I'll keep it realistic.) It would be really nice to be able to add them to the existing [NAND] coverflows

:D

EDIT : it would also be good to offer to extract the game save from realNAND on a first-time extraction of the title ... just a thought.
I'll probably drop a GoogleCode feature request in while I'm at it.

Reactions: ToddofWar420

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
sourceflow is cool but i still like the classic better. sourceflow covers aren't as crisp and are hard to read and with a lot of them hard to find the one you want. Neat idea but i think i'll stick with classic. but glad you are happy spacepimp, now you have a lot more free time since you won't be begging for sourceflow. :)

It's funny because it's true ;)
You're right about the readability, the buttons were designed for a 4x3 grid, and probably need something a bit bolder in this new format. A range of smaller coverflows will probably help, too.
I respect your preference, but I have to say if it's neck and neck now - sourceflow will quickly become more functional, and has greater potential for functionality, than the classic (and is a lot prettier to boot :D )
Also, I'm loving my BIG 3D (&menu-free!) wiiflow environment.
I had an idea
BlueDump mod has added the ability to dump content.bin files (channels the system menu or shop channel has stored to the SD card) to WAD's.
http://code.google.com/p/bluedump-mod/source/detail?r=13

It seems very possible to me that you could use that code to just extract those titles to emuNAND and then run them from there (if it could just be loaded into memory and run directly, even better but I'll keep it realistic.) It would be really nice to be able to add them to the existing [NAND] coverflows

:D

EDIT : it would also be good to offer to extract the game save from realNAND on a first-time extraction of the title ... just a thought.

I'll probably drop a GoogleCode feature request in while I'm at it.
Please excuse my ignorance (it's not like you haven't before!) , but what kind of titles are you talking about?

Apostrophe:
... or get r1004 and go to config>startup settings>manage source menu and enable it there.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/auif1kd8j2aqmes/boot.dol
It's the one with the modified wait animation quoted above.

Reactions: SmokeyTheDog

Apostrophe

VIDEO GAMES
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no you can't display real nand and emu nand at the same time.

you have to enable the source menu for b to take you to the source menu. look for use_source= under GENERAL and set it to yes or get r1004 and go to config>startup settings>manage source menu and enable it there.

Ah this is the option was looking for. Much appreciated!

to exit to those things go to the home menu and select exit to

I realized I was using a theme from the previous version of Wiiflow with only 6 buttons, and Exit To was not showing up. Thank you for both answers :)

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anybody gotten Skyward Sword to work with Emunand set to 'game saves'?
I find that with it on, I can make it past the calibration screen but then get the black screen freeze. I've also tried the Zelda wad fix set too and still got the same deal. Just trying to see if it's hardware or a personal issue.
Thanks guys for all the help and hard work.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
ToddofWar420 TLZ:SS is one of the few games that does not work with savegame emulation. U can always back up your save to the e-NAND (I do) but you'll have to run the game without SaveGame emu. U can easily do this on a per game basis in the game settings so every other game still uses SaveGame emu ;)

BTW to those I've been unable to respond a quick rundown of what's been goin down in the month of September for me
2 1TB HDD's have broken, and my modem is shot due to a light ing storm. This month wants me to replace all my electronics it seems -_-

I'm down to just my iPhone to use the net so forgive me if I don't respond quickly and unfortunately (or fortunately for some :P) u won't see me around IRC :(

Reactions: spacepimp

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
not 'like', but, y'know. I feel your pain :(
BTW to those I've been unable to respond a quick rundown of what's been goin down in the month of September for me
2 1TB HDD's have broken, and my modem is shot due to a light ing storm. This month wants me to replace all my electronics it seems -_-

I'm down to just my iPhone to use the net so forgive me if I don't respond quickly and unfortunately (or fortunately for some :P) u won't see me around IRC :(

painless

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am wondering why I can only get 1 view with my WiiFlow. I know it's possible to have a lot of different views but no matter what button(s) I press on my Wiimote, all I get is the default view :(

I had version 4.1 but I downloaded version 4.2 and overwrote my SD cards Wiiflow data in Windows 7. (Even with 4.1 all i could ever get was the default view anyway). My Wii specs are as follows'

Firmware of my Wii is Ver 4.1U
I modified my Wii using the Softmod ANY Wii guide found on another popular web site.

Lastly, I have also tried to get the covers working for my fceugx and followed Mastershoes instructions but that's not working for me either. <<<<< sorry if this should be in another thread.

If anyone can help me here I would be even happier than I am right now :) Thank you so much

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ToddofWar420 TLZ:SS is one of the few games that does not work with savegame emulation. U can always back up your save to the e-NAND (I do) but you'll have to run the game without SaveGame emu. U can easily do this on a per game basis in the game settings so every other game still uses SaveGame emu ;)
Thanks MassiveRican for the reply. I figured that was going to be the answer. I was just hoping it wasn't. As far as backing up the save, I already do that and when I have to then I'll flash the save onto the Wii's real nand. What other games do you know that are like this? Perhaps there's a list out there so myself and others could be more aware of this. Thanks again MR

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
painless u need to have default.ini in the WiiFlow/themes folder, it's included with the latest official 4.2 download make sure u have that file then press 1 or 2 for different coverflows. Now by views I assume u meant coverflows and not views for sources? U know for plugins like SNES and whatnot.

Pass by Mastershoes cover thread one of us should be able to help u out there regarding plugin covers.

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
Any Updated Themes for 4.2 and SourceFlow???

Just Abz's Carbonik mod, above.
I'd say the likelihood of an Orchid update is not looming:)
Bashing some American Stereotypes, a chorus of Edith Piaf - Non, Je ne regrette rien, a recitation of the UN charter - might be useful.
The Statue of Liberty was a gift from the French, right?
p.s. Non-British English Speakers - Joe le Taxi is worth a youtube search.
EDIT: 300th post!! :D

Reactions: SmokeyTheDog

painless

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Massi

The views I am referring to is when WiiFlow displays any box/game in a carousel format vs. being abl to switch views to multiple rows... stacked rows.... etc. etc. I seem to be lacking the ability to adjust how WiiFlow shows off all/any games at all.

Ill head over to Mastershoes thread for the help with the cover art problem :) Cheers m8!

apieandpint

Trophies
XP
Country
Just installed wiiflow on vWii. Some games are loading fine, others like Mario Kart, Mario Galaxy etc are getting the black screen freeze, then going back to the wii menu screen.

How do i solve this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu