Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone care to update or help with updating some other good themes that seem to have been left in the dust? I could update them all ini-wise, but my gimping skills lack a certain finesse required for creating buttons for gamecube and emus.
Some themes that come to mind are Bitter Purple Pill, Orange, NightBlue, Green, Grnnv and Spiderman. If anyone feels like conjuring up some buttons, that'd be great. Or are there some themes that are already updated thus far? Could someone with brilliant coding skills create a wiiflow theme app?

@Fix or Fledge, I tried compiling this rev and the last one, and I keep getting an error message.
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Bill\Desktop\devkit\open-wiiflow-mod-read-only>make
Make WiiFlow Booter
ChannelHandler.cpp
main.cpp
apploader.c
cios.c
disc.c
fs.c
fst.c
gecko.c
lz77.c
multidol.c
patchcode.c
video_tinyload.c
videopatch.c
c:/Users/Bill/Desktop/devkit/open-wiiflow-mod-read-only/resources/wiiflow_game_b
ooter/source/videopatch.c:216:3: error: 'TVPal574IntDfScale' undeclared here (no
t in a function)
make[2]: *** [videopatch.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [build] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

C:\Users\Bill\Desktop\devkit\open-wiiflow-mod-read-only>
Any idea why?

Reactions: MassiveRican

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
6 more themes left to test w/cover caching and the results have been pretty good thus far. I'm thinking if the default.ini is replaced with any other .ini from the themes that work with cover caching, all should be well. Or I can try to isolate which views might be causing the problem, but that would take me several days since I get short bursts of time with the Wii lol.

@shortz1994 is droidflow v2 an updated version of Andro!d? Either way it seems I missed installing this to my setup a while back. I'll be checking it out soon, but I wanted to know in case I should just ditch Andro!d for droidflow v2. TIA.

Also found another theme or two. I'll see if they work with the latest revs or not.
if it's the one from spiffy.? then no, haven't really had time for themeing.(waiting on these damn taxes. to get settled after all the shit this winter.) i have a newer one then that has the coverflow from drakorex. when i get home i'll upload it.

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've got some problems with scummvm-mod5 plugin:
the virtual keyboard does not show up (on the original Scummvm it appeared pressing down on the wiimote) so it's impossible to get past copy-protection answers in some games.
Lands of Lore does not work, an error message says that it can't find the file kyra.dat file, but I have it because the game works perfectly on the original Scummvm in the apps folder (I use version 1.5.0 btw)

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
6 more themes left to test w/cover caching and the results have been pretty good thus far. I'm thinking if the default.ini is replaced with any other .ini from the themes that work with cover caching, all should be well. Or I can try to isolate which views might be causing the problem, but that would take me several days since I get short bursts of time with the Wii lol.

@shortz1994 is droidflow v2 an updated version of Andro!d? Either way it seems I missed installing this to my setup a while back. I'll be checking it out soon, but I wanted to know in case I should just ditch Andro!d for droidflow v2. TIA.

Also found another theme or two. I'll see if they work with the latest revs or not.
I can't scroll more than a page before the dreaded SD loading message appears and then it hangs the system. While I would love to know which themes work I think a code fix is really the best solution. Right now it is effectively unusable.... my family wanted to play just dance 4 tonight and it took about 20 minutes to get there... I had to scroll left from the M's about a page at a time then run a game and then exit. I should have just set the last used game to the one I wanted and rebooted but I wasn't that bright and wanted to just get it running while the wife and kids waited. Hate to say it but I'm going to have to switch to cfg until this gets sorted out.

Any list that you can provide would be very useful. TIA

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all though this theme was 98% finished. Still works 100%.( the reason why. let's just say winter didn't start to well for my family. sandy/snow storms.)
I was going to change the "default" icons an things that are minor.(tweaks). all plug ins are here. they are from drakorex. the app folder is a old v that really is not needed.(wiiflow v732.)
Droidflow-v3 http://www.mediafire.com/?y4dca71pwvx1boi

* the reason none of my themes,come with plugins icons, i don't use them. just mplayer.. just thought i would let people now. when i put icon's on friends/family wii i use the ones are from mastershoes. (plain.)

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all though this theme was 98% finished. Still works 100%.( the reason why. let's just say winter didn't start to well for my family. sandy/snow storms.)
I was going to change the "default" icons an things that are minor.(tweaks). all plug ins are here. they are from drakorex. the app folder is a old v that really is not needed.(wiiflow v732.)
Droidflow-v3 http://www.mediafire.com/?y4dca71pwvx1boi

* the reason none of my themes,come with plugins icons, i don't use them. just mplayer.. just thought i would let people now. when i put icon's on friends/family wii i use the ones are from mastershoes. (plain.)
I dont suppose you updated it for the recent changes in wiiflow? Also a little bummed I couldnt finish all coverflows for you and get the source menu done up. I just been real busy lately with my new job (12 hour shifts) and trying to get my own wii issues sorted out.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Rev 886
Wii Game installation working fine on both Fat32 (1st active with no games) and NTFS (2nd partition with all games in wbfs folder - no subfolders)
Thanks Fix and Fledge
P.S. WiiFlow still failing to detect the installed Wii games when no subfolders exist in wbfs folders (so the new game is installed in a subfolder and is displayed twice) - no biggie :)

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
I dont suppose you updated it for the recent changes in wiiflow? Also a little bummed I couldnt finish all coverflows for you and get the source menu done up. I just been real busy lately with my new job (12 hour shifts) and trying to get my own wii issues sorted out.
Hey it's no big deal if you haven't done it yet, I mean you could still put in 20 mins here and there when u get a chance right? Anyways guys I appreciate your effort in creating new themes. WF is lacking in themes IMO compared to USB loader GX let's say. I hope u guys get a chance to finish it 100% to your liking, and releasing it to the masses.
@Shortz1994 u should update the link on spiffy360 to your latest one bcuz droidflow_v2 is not working with latest WF rev.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I updated my Devolution WiiFlow plugin to r188 for anyone who wanted to use it without having to move the folders games into folders for WiiFlow.
It now loads faster because because it doesn't start WiFi logging when it starts.

[See my plugins thread for download link. http://gbatemp.net/threads/maxternals-wiiflow-plugins-and-java-apps.344802/ ]

You can change the WiFi log, widescreen or drive light options by adding a second argument to the INI file.
You do this by adding together the numbers for the options you want :
1 = WiFi logging
2 = WideScreen
4 = no drive activity light
and then in the INI file at the end of the line that starts arguments= you add a | (the "bar" character) and then the number you got from adding the options together.
For example, if you wanted to turn on WiFi logging and Widescreen you would add |3 to the end of that line.
I've included an example INI for widescreen that you can use as is or look at to understand what I described above.

Reactions: AbdallahTerro

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated my Devolution WiiFlow plugin to r188 for anyone who wanted to use it without having to move the folders games into folders for WiiFlow.
It now loads faster because because it doesn't start WiFi logging when it starts.

http://www.mediafire.com/?35q142l4qp23uy9

You can change the WiFi log, widescreen or drive light options by adding a second argument to the INI file.
You do this by adding together the numbers for the options you want :
1 = WiFi logging
2 = WideScreen
4 = no drive activity light
and then in the INI file at the end of the line that starts arguments= you add a | (the "bar" character) and then the number you got from adding the options together.
For example, if you wanted to turn on WiFi logging and Widescreen you would add |3 to the end of that line.
I've included an example INI for widescreen that you can use as is or look at to understand what I described above.
That's awesome. Devo is at 188 now? Where can I find and keep track of the updates? Googlecode doesn't have anything past the first one.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
Well AFAIK Tueidj has left GBATemp for good and isn't updating the OP in his thread anymore, and the google code SVN has nothing to do with Devo since it doesn't use GPL, there's another forum where he is active in his thread but I don't know what it is.

The link in his thread however should still link to the latest released Devo but there's no changelog there either so here's to hoping someone gives us some more info lol.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well AFAIK Tueidj has left GBATemp for good and isn't updating the OP in his thread anymore, and the google code SVN has nothing to do with Devo since it doesn't use GPL, there's another forum where he is active in his thread but I don't know what it is.

The link in his thread however should still link to the latest released Devo but there's no changelog there either so here's to hoping someone gives us some more info lol.
it says current release is 159... Maybe Abz knows.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
it says current release is 159... Maybe Abz knows.
When tuidj updates Devolution he just replaces the old version with the new version on his web server so even though the link always points to the same place it always points to the very latest version available.

He hasn't signed into GBATemp since early November, though, so he hasn't actually opdated the OP of the Devolution topic for quite a while. Because of that it still SAYS an older version but when you click on it you'll still end up getting the most recent version (which in this case is r188)

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
@Drakorex ^^Exactly, you'll always get the latest Devo regardless of what the OP says. Tueidj hasn't logged on since GBATemp was hacked and will likely not be back. It's unfortunate but I know he's active with Devo elsewhere, can anyone point us in the right direction?

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Drakorex ^^Exactly, you'll always get the latest Devo regardless of what the OP says. Tueidj hasn't logged on since GBATemp was hacked and will likely not be back. It's unfortunate but I know he's active with Devo elsewhere, can anyone point us in the right direction?
This was already posted a few times in the DEVO thread, but what the heck -->> http://l33tserv.forum-nation.com/t342p15-wii-support

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you feed the hamster in your internet router? It prob died and is running slow now.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why did you start saying my pc has a hamster in the first place?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its actua!ly just a old joke, meaning its slow. Was just kidding around with you.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    +1
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol McDonald's has a grandma mcflurry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, furry grandma?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It sounds good actually, I like butterscotch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It sucked don't know wtf these little bits and pieces are they use now
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It sucked don't know wtf these little bits and pieces are they use now +1