Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
r-win said:
Implementing this is doable, though I thought you had to return to the System Menu for it to work correctly. Anyway, I already have the code, but I think it'll have to wait until the cover bug is solved. I want to release something...
smile.gif
You do have to return to the system menu between games. When you get around to implementing it, don't use the uLoader/mrc implementations as they don't store the correct time (in them, the start time will be whenever you left the Wii Menu, when it should be the time you actually started playing the game). The implementation in Cfg uses the correct start time so that you really time the length of playing the game. Get it from playlog.c/playlog.h.

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dr. Clipper said:
r-win said:
Implementing this is doable, though I thought you had to return to the System Menu for it to work correctly. Anyway, I already have the code, but I think it'll have to wait until the cover bug is solved. I want to release something...
smile.gif
You do have to return to the system menu between games. When you get around to implementing it, don't use the uLoader/mrc implementations as they don't store the correct time (in them, the start time will be whenever you left the Wii Menu, when it should be the time you actually started playing the game). The implementation in Cfg uses the correct start time so that you really time the length of playing the game. Get it from playlog.c/playlog.h.
Thank you, Dr. Clipper. I already took a look at that code from Cfg, and it's the easiest too use IMO. If I'm gonna add that, it's definitely the code from Cfg. I'm a bit in doubt though, since I pretty much like to implement the code from giantpune to return to Wiiflow when the game exists. I think one of those two will render the other useless, unless users are given a choice.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
r-win said:
Thank you, Dr. Clipper. I already took a look at that code from Cfg, and it's the easiest too use IMO. If I'm gonna add that, it's definitely the code from Cfg. I'm a bit in doubt though, since I pretty much like to implement the code from giantpune to return to Wiiflow when the game exists. I think one of those two will render the other useless, unless users are given a choice.
Well, yes, they sort of are incompatible (at least I'm pretty sure). In any case, just make the return to channel configurable like I did in Configurable and it solves the problem. There's no real reason to search through which channels exist and try to guess the one people want to return to like giantpune does. Just let the user specify the ID of the channel they want. Each user can then choose whether they want play logging or the return to feature.

Oh, I should also apologise to Hermes. It seems he added my changes to the code so that it does correctly record the start time. He credited me in his source too. Thanks Hermes
wink.gif

seanhite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how can i get the wii flow channel to show up on my menu? i have it installed and i can run it from the homebrew channel but i would like to just run it straight from the menu. also, should i get rid of the configurable usb loader if i have wii flow?

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
seanhite said:
how can i get the wii flow channel to show up on my menu? i have it installed and i can run it from the homebrew channel but i would like to just run it straight from the menu. also, should i get rid of the configurable usb loader if i have wii flow?

use a forwarder (see first page or read the thread)

it's completely up to you what loader you want to use, so i can't advise you there, some like wiiflow better and others like cfg loader better

Baboo77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
davidsl_128 said:
r-win have you been able to make Wiiflow Hermes v5 compatible? RB2 and IOS223 v5 still crash on me
frown.gif

I got a mod version of r28 that can handle hermesv5 223 for RB2. I can link it to you if you want it.

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
davidsl_128 said:
r-win have you been able to make Wiiflow Hermes v5 compatible? RB2 and IOS223 v5 still crash on me
frown.gif
Well, yeah...revision 41 and 42 should be rev5 and ciosx 249 rev 18+ compatible. Those versions also support FAT/NTFS with either Hermes v4, Hermes v5 or ciosx rev 249 rev 18+

Baboo77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
r-win said:
davidsl_128 said:
frown.gif
Well, yeah...revision 41 and 42 should be rev5 and ciosx 249 rev 18+ compatible. Those versions also support FAT/NTFS with either Hermes v4, Hermes v5 or ciosx rev 249 rev 18+

The only hermes v5 the ever work for me on r41-42 was 222 ios38. 223 and 224 either rebooted me back to wii menu or froze on blackscreen.

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I have tried all revisions available from 25-42 and they all crash when using v5 Hermes with 37 or 57 has a base, using 38 works fine. Baboo I wouldn't mind that link to the r28 version.
It's not a big deal tho, I have Wan's cIOSrev19 installed with base 57 for 249 (what I use standard) and base 37 for 250 which I use for RB2, etc.

seanhite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would like to use wii flow as my forwarder. i have it set up on my wii under the homebrew channel. is there a tutorial that will show me the steps to make it one of my channels?

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are several channels and forwarders in the full download of Hiberns 1.1, Just get the forwarder channel from in there and setup/run Wad Manager and install the wad, it will then be a channel on your system menu that loads from your SD/USB

Baboo77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
and if you want R42 as a channel and not a forwarder, just replace the dol file inside the channel wad with the lastest dol using wadder or customizemii.

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Will the next release be another official stable release since R25 (which I am still using, because of the working original game disc installation.) ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one