Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks good AbdallahTerro! the page button will only say 3 if you have one of the buttons #24 thru 35 setup.

i'm still waiting to see pepxl's and mastershoes' sets.
Page 3 is showing when I press + btn twice!
Are you planning to change the default pngs?
Thanks for the info. I just got back from memorial day bar-b-Que with the in-laws. Your right AbdallahTerro - i just realized I have a minor flaw in the code when you use the controller plus and minus buttons to change pages. Guess I'll have to fix that. :(

As for the icons - love 'em. The border does look good and Mastershoes yours are awesome too. Pepxl - take your time it's fine. Yes the width and height are hard coded but I was thinking of expanding the width since there is room but height is limited. But if I change the width then mastershoes and abdallahterro may have to add transparent background to theirs. If they don't mind then maybe we can all come to unanimous decision of the width. It would have to be 90 to 130 since the icons are spaced every 140. You can still change the size with a theme.ini

As for changing the default images - I don't know. It would be really hard to choose one set over the others. If BostonBC had his website going he could add all of your sets to it for people to download.
Ahhhh...thanks for remininding me... I've been playing with my Wasabi on the Xbox 360 this past week. It's an optical drive emulator that gives you the ability to run games from a hard disk :)

The kids have been after me to get the Xbox 360 versions of their favorite Wii games since the Xbox 360 renders in full 1080p.

My week is pretty open and I should be able to bootstrap the site.

leftwingzero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At some point I was thinking of getting either a Wasabi or an x360key myself. Then maybe even a True Blue Dongle for PS3. I don't even have time to play the Wii with kids, a wife, and a 48 hour a week job, so maybe in the future.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok guys (and gals if there are any here)... I am starting to setup the WiiFlow.Info website. It can be seen under http://wiiflow.info. I would like it to be a central repository for WiiFlow info in particular but also a place noobs could come to learn how to mod their Wii so they could use WiiFlow. By having a single place with up to date info folks wouldn't have to ask so many questions of the devs and they could get even more done :D

This is by no means an attempt to move folks from this site... The community here is crucial to the continued advancement of WiiFlow. The new site is essentially the analog of Miigotu's Wiiflowiki site for this - the main branch of WiiFlow.

Right now it is just a shell using TikiWiki. I am no artist (you can tell by the logo I dummied up) and was wondering if someone could workup a logo for the site. If you could post your creation here or PM me it/a link to it that would be awesome.

I would love if this community could work up what info they would like to see on the site and we can jointly make it happen.

I think the common things that folks ask here should be on the site. For topics, here are some off the top of my head...

Welcome to WiiFlow Info...
Installing WiiFlow
How to use WiiFlow
Game Categories
Parental/Age Locks
Customizing WiiFlow
Setting up themes
Game Emulation
NAND Emulation
Softmodding your Wii
Common Downloads
WiiFlow Forums (links to here)
etc

One thing that I will not do is ad.fly links for every page/download. If the current WiiFlow devs (fix/fledge/overjoy/yardape/etc) would like I can add a donation link(s) for them but I won't be solociting funds for the site itself - it only cost about $20 for the year so it's not a big investment. I promise I won't beg for money and if the $20 renewal ever becomes a problem I will turn it over to whoever wants to continue it.

I know I first spoke about this a few weeks ago so sorry for the delay in getting it off the ground.

I will do a video of what WiiFlow is and show off what it can do and add it on the main page and start working up copy for the site this week.

If anyone wants to contribute a section please let me know... the more hands on this the quicker it will begin to be useful.

Reactions: 2 people

sdoc96

Creaky Old Stiff Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ok guys (and gals if there are any here)... I am starting to setup the WiiFlow.Info website. It can be seen under http://wiiflow.info. I would like it to be a central repository for WiiFlow info in particular but also a place noobs could come to learn how to mod their Wii so they could use WiiFlow.
Outstanding stuff bostonBC. This has been needed for the longest time.
Also great to see it has been done in great spirit at your own time and expense, without penny pinching antics. Well done mate. Commendation for your efforts.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Alright well, I finished up my icon set... and then I saw the frames that AbdallahTerro put on his icons and I loved it. So I made this set using the frame that AdT used. I'm waiting to hear back if he minds if i release these with his frames. I'm not trying to start any drama like this other BS goin' around here O.o. So don't pressure me about releasing these, i'mma wait til i get a reply.. it's not like AdT is not active, so it shouldn't be long before I hear back. Also, PepXL, I'm looking forward to your set as well, i'm sure they'll be badass! Oh snap, and the mplayerce icon is a combination of the icon posted by masterjakeway and the hb icon, hopefully MJW doesn't mind that i used his image either!

Source1.png

Source2.png

Alts for - Wii, Homebrew, SNES (Pal Version)
Source1Alt.png

Alts for - MegaDrive (PAL version) - TG16/PCE (PCE version)
Source2Alt.png

These aren't supported, and i have to re-do them yet, but just so ya know, i'll have every emu covered in the above style if any other emu support is released. These are just the couple that I have setup with covers at the moment, and i made quick versions.. I gotta fixup the atari logo's.
Source3.png
Nice work buddy,
Go ahead and let the masses enjoy your lovely pngs and my frame :)

Reactions: 4 people

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Looks good AbdallahTerro! the page button will only say 3 if you have one of the buttons #24 thru 35 setup.

i'm still waiting to see pepxl's and mastershoes' sets.
Page 3 is showing when I press + btn twice!
Are you planning to change the default pngs?
Thanks for the info. I just got back from memorial day bar-b-Que with the in-laws. Your right AbdallahTerro - i just realized I have a minor flaw in the code when you use the controller plus and minus buttons to change pages. Guess I'll have to fix that. :(

As for the icons - love 'em. The border does look good and Mastershoes yours are awesome too. Pepxl - take your time it's fine. Yes the width and height are hard coded but I was thinking of expanding the width since there is room but height is limited. But if I change the width then mastershoes and abdallahterro may have to add transparent background to theirs. If they don't mind then maybe we can all come to unanimous decision of the width. It would have to be 90 to 130 since the icons are spaced every 140. You can still change the size with a theme.ini

As for changing the default images - I don't know. It would be really hard to choose one set over the others. If BostonBC had his website going he could add all of your sets to it for people to download.
The backgrounds are transparent so no problem. we have 3 options:
1. keep everything as is
2. decrease spacing between icons so that we have 5 per row makin a total of 15 per page (in this case frames are a must or else the screen will look v. bulky)
3.. increase icon size to 120 or 130 and keep 12 per page (this will allow higher resolutions)

All options are ok but ofc other opinions will play a role here.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is the select source screen activated? It would be nice if you could press B on an icon to bring it up whenever you wanted it.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is the select source screen activated? It would be nice if you could press B on an icon to bring it up whenever you wanted it.

You press the + button on the mode button

@ all button makers: While we're making icons for the source screen, can someone make some toon shaded ones for all systems? http://www.pixeljoin...s/nes90by90.gif I like the clean, stylized look of them. Also, some powered on/off icons would be a nice touch for when you hover over them would be cool :D
Also, anyone know where I can find the virtual boy covers?

secamfr

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Alright well, I finished up my icon set... and then I saw the frames that AbdallahTerro put on his icons and I loved it. So I made this set using the frame that AdT used. I'm waiting to hear back if he minds if i release these with his frames. I'm not trying to start any drama like this other BS goin' around here O.o. So don't pressure me about releasing these, i'mma wait til i get a reply.. it's not like AdT is not active, so it shouldn't be long before I hear back. Also, PepXL, I'm looking forward to your set as well, i'm sure they'll be badass! Oh snap, and the mplayerce icon is a combination of the icon posted by masterjakeway and the hb icon, hopefully MJW doesn't mind that i used his image either!

Source1.png

Source2.png

Alts for - Wii, Homebrew, SNES (Pal Version)
Source1Alt.png

Alts for - MegaDrive (PAL version) - TG16/PCE (PCE version)
Source2Alt.png

These aren't supported, and i have to re-do them yet, but just so ya know, i'll have every emu covered in the above style if any other emu support is released. These are just the couple that I have setup with covers at the moment, and i made quick versions.. I gotta fixup the atari logo's.
Source3.png
Look good ! can wait for download it :lol:

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
Loving all of this, HUMONGOUS thanks all round!

Can i suggest the hard home button on the wiimote opens the "select source" page, and the soft (screen) home button too?
I'm accidentally closing wiiflow all the time with this, half expecting a menu to appear, i suppose, and so using it this way seems like a better implementation, imho. Obviously, a "return to wii menu" button would then be needed on the select source page.
Also, if the launch disk option was represented in the select source menu, the button within wiiflow would become redundant, we could get rid of it and have a bit of a cleaner interface.
Actually, thinking about it, the "next source" button (ie dml button in wiiflow, nand button in dml etc.) is also now redundant, too.

One would then have the space to implement an actual Catagories button, rather than the slightly obscure b button press on favorites.

p.s. One more for the older dot dot dot wiiflow loading rather than the newer slow fade in/out. Or Abdallah Terro's avatar as suggested below!

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think we should hae abdallaterros avatar as the loading screen.

Perhaps I'm not understanding the select source thing... but how do we set up individual flows with correct box sizes? for example if I want first my wiiflow, then my N64 flow, then GBA flow , then my DVD flow, then nand and lastly homebrew how do I go about making that happen?

Reactions: 1 person

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok guys (and gals if there are any here)... I am starting to setup the WiiFlow.Info website. It can be seen under http://wiiflow.info. I would like it to be a central repository for WiiFlow info in particular but also a place noobs could come to learn how to mod their Wii so they could use WiiFlow. By having a single place with up to date info folks wouldn't have to ask so many questions of the devs and they could get even more done :D
This is by no means an attempt to move folks from this site... The community here is crucial to the continued advancement of WiiFlow. The new site is essentially the analog of Miigotu's Wiiflowiki site for this - the main branch of WiiFlow.

Right now it is just a shell using TikiWiki. I am no artist (you can tell by the logo I dummied up) and was wondering if someone could workup a logo for the site. If you could post your creation here or PM me it/a link to it that would be awesome.

I would love if this community could work up what info they would like to see on the site and we can jointly make it happen.

I think the common things that folks ask here should be on the site. For topics, here are some off the top of my head...

Installing WiiFlow
How to use WiiFlow
Game Categories
Parental/Age Locks
Customizing WiiFlow
Setting up themes
Game Emulation
NAND Emulation
Softmodding your Wii
Common Downloads
etc

One thing that I will not do is ad.fly links for every page/download. If the current WiiFlow devs (fix/fledge/overjoy/yardape/etc) would like I can add a donation link(s) for them but I won't be solociting funds for the site itself - it only cost about $20 for the year so it's not a big investment. I promise I won't beg for money and if the $20 renewal ever becomes a problem I will turn it over to whoever wants to continue it.

I know I first spoke about this a few weeks ago so sorry for the delay in getting it off the ground.

I will do a video of what WiiFlow is and show off what it can do and add it on the main page and start working up copy for the site this week.
If anyone wants to contribute a section please let me know... the more hands on this the quicker it will begin to be useful.
Hi bostonBC,

Good to see you got time to setup a wiki for wiiflow/wiiflow-mod. I will see if there is still some useable information from the old wiki (before wiiflowiki.com).
I have backups from both wiki's on my PC, if you need other things from them, let me know.

BTW. are you still setting up the wiki? I only see a map structure atm.

temps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Am I the only person who's getting the pulsating wiiflow hanging with r431 ? r418 seems ok. I did delete the cache folder and its subfolders before I ran r431, it started up and displayed the game covers but since then it will not start any more. Could that be a CIOS problem? I have some of the v9 cios's installed.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Installing WiiFlow
How to use WiiFlow
Game Categories
Parental/Age Locks
Customizing WiiFlow
Setting up themes
Game Emulation
NAND Emulation
Softmodding your Wii
Common Downloads
etc

Hi bostonBC,

Good to see you got time to setup a wiki for wiiflow/wiiflow-mod. I will see if there is still some useable information from the old wiki (before wiiflowiki.com).
I have backups from both wiki's on my PC, if you need other things from them, let me know.

BTW. are you still setting up the wiki? I only see a map structure atm.
Thanks, any content would be greatly appreciated!

TikiWiki glitched when I made a config change and I am waiting for the hosting company to restore. Until then you will just see the index page :(

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I the only person who's getting the pulsating wiiflow hanging with r431 ? r418 seems ok. I did delete the cache folder and its subfolders before I ran r431, it started up and displayed the game covers but since then it will not start any more. Could that be a CIOS problem? I have some of the v9 cios's installed.
Try deleting you categories.ini. I had hanging on pulsating wiiflow too and found out something was wrong with my categories.ini so I deleted it. of course I hope you didn't have a hudred games setup for categories.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those making images for the source menu. I was thinking of a width and height of 120 x 90. This gives a 4:3 ratio.

@BostonBC - when we contribute do we need to make a HTML page or would a MS Office Word document be fine or is their some online tool to help make a page for your website?

@spacepimp - those are some good ideas but not everyone uses the source select menu.

@kiiwii - There's a text file in the source menu folder that should explain everything but for a little refresher. It's all a matter of assigning a mode or a plugin to a button. the buttons are numbered 0 to 35. for example to make button 0 = SNES plugin set it like this:

[BUTTON_0]
source=plugin
magic=12345678 (snes magice # from the plugin.ini)
image=
image_s=

hope this helps

Reactions: 1 person

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You press the + button on the mode button

@ all button makers: While we're making icons for the source screen, can someone make some toon shaded ones for all systems? http://www.pixeljoin...s/nes90by90.gif I like the clean, stylized look of them. Also, some powered on/off icons would be a nice touch for when you hover over them would be cool :D
Also, anyone know where I can find the virtual boy covers?
thx

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would also try deleting the usb:\apps\wiiflow\wiiflow.ini file.

temps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@[member='bostonBC'], @[member='fledge68'], thanks for the suggestions. I had a few minutes to spare before I came back to see your posts. I installed the set of ciosv8 final wads, overwriting the v9 betas and it's working now as far as 5 minutes testing goes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, Cheers bud. I'm proud to be here. +1