Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ran r151 and don't see the emulators. I have them in USB2/wiiflow/plugins. All the emulators run off my usb through hbc. Don't see any emulated games. Is there something I'm missing? A secret button press, a hidden setting. should they be in usb2/apps/wiiflow/plugins? My USB1 is wbfs, could that be the problem? Wii and GC games work from USB1 and SD. is there something in the config. file, cause I looked in it and saw nothing about emulators or .ini's

I love WIIFLOW it's like a dream come true. Thanks for the good work.

try starting WiiFlow and go to emu mode. Once there go to config menu to change the partition to usb2. it might be set on SD.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
a0456aa0b704cda0ad70fd6f9763637b.png

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Growup Shortz.. We definitely don't need any additional :shit: coming out of your mouth, get past it homie.
damn dude, what no fun!. i don't even use this loader, i use GX only ;) . this was just for fun.
go toke on a bowl an calm down. no need to go lisa lampanellie on any one.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Growup Shortz.. We definitely don't need any additional :shit: coming out of your mouth, get past it homie.
damn dude, what no fun!. i don't even use this loader, i use GX only ;) . this was just for fun.
go toke on a bowl an calm down. no need to go lisa lampanellie on any one.
it was slightly funny :ha: but still an ass move lol

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I ran r151 and don't see the emulators. I have them in USB2/wiiflow/plugins. All the emulators run off my usb through hbc. Don't see any emulated games. Is there something I'm missing? A secret button press, a hidden setting. should they be in usb2/apps/wiiflow/plugins? My USB1 is wbfs, could that be the problem? Wii and GC games work from USB1 and SD. is there something in the config. file, cause I looked in it and saw nothing about emulators or .ini's

I love WIIFLOW it's like a dream come true. Thanks for the good work.
try starting WiiFlow and go to emu mode. Once there go to config menu to change the partition to usb2. it might be set on SD.
Actually, whether you end up seeing the games Wiiflow or not, I think another problem could come up with this setup. I think the emulators look for the games on the same partition where the "plugins" folder is and they CAN'T see anything on USB2, only USB1. This would also make it difficult for them to open the "WiiFlowLoader.dol" in the plugins folder to be able to get back to WiiFlow.
What I would recommend is putting the "plugins" folder in a separate, otherwise empty "WiiFlow" folder in the same partition where your games are and then setting the partition setting in WiiFlow to that partition. You may have to go back in the "wiiflow.ini" file and change the location of the "plugins" folder (it's in the [GENERAL] section) manually but I think that's done automatically when you change it in WiiFlow settings page.
That's what's worked for me, anyway.

leftwingzero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured out my problem from the bottom of page 409. My problem was that I'm impatient. I changed the ini's back to the way they were, and then just waited about a minute after going back to wiiflow, and the games list finally came back up. Then when I reloaded the emulator page the next time I went on wiiflow, after waiting about a minute again, the games came up. It's to be expected, I have several thousand games for the old systems, it has to take a while to load them all. Now all I have to do is convert my covers that I transferred over from their original home on the emulators and I'll be set!

Thank you to everyone responsible for the great work with this program. It keeps getting better and better by the day, literally.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now posted this is the correct thread. oh well made the advance thread mad, but i don't care :lol:
jt797p.jpg
If you have followed things we pretty much collectively agreed to not disparage each others work. I think the advances on each side will help the community in general so that kind of trolling, looking for a reaction isn't very cool. There are still a few nasty/stupid posts going up and I really wish it would stop.

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Put up some 2D N64 Coversets that are sized the same as SNES (314*224), so they look good with the current cover dimensions of wiiflow. I've also JUST finished up the N64 Full HQ set downloaded from thecoverproject.net (Big thanks for all the help to [email protected]), renamed to match the no-intro romset (319 Covers + 98 Alts) sized 1090x680. It follows corey's previous specs (although they were slightly off actual dimensions are: front & back covers 497 pixels, spine 96 pixels).. i will be uploading it overnight, but it's pretty much useless unless this size can be implemented. I'll post it anyway sometime tomorrow. Follow the top link in my sig to get the covers!
Note: Preview's are not to size!
2D Set
MarioPartyUSA.png

Full HQ Set
MarioPartyUSA-1.png

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have followed things we pretty much collectively agreed to not disparage each others work. I think the advances on each side will help the community in general so that kind of trolling, looking for a reaction isn't very cool. There are still a few nasty/stupid posts going up and I really wish it would stop.
I have been following things between the two threads. an still think it is a childish move, to start a whole new thread for what "nonadvance features". if mugoto agreed to let things between fix94 an him go. then why not just add an advance button to this wiiflow? why start a thread? with a new/old wiiflow. i give a lot of credit/respect to fix94 for what he has done with this loader. look at how mugoto acted when mastershoes was trying to help with covers for "his" loader. all that hard work that goes into doing covers. a nother great artist trying to help. so anyway enough b.s out of me, going back to GX.

Reactions: 1 person

secamfr

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
FINALLY got wii64 to boot wiiflow :P
http://www.mediafire...auismsii0z8euj3
Wii64 now uses parts my old v7 forwarder to boot the included WiiFlowLoader.dol from the plugins dir, the wiiflow loader then boots wiiflow. That means you can have wiiflow where you want now, the wiiflow booter will find the correct boot.dol. You can enable the new plugin ini option "ReturnLoader" in all plugins for this possibility to have wiiflow everywhere again :)
I found the problem of return.
My config : Wiiflow, plugins and emuls are all on USB1.
WiiFlowLoader.dol work only if i copy my apps/wiiflow/ folder on my SD card.
So, WiiFlowLoader found only Wiiflow on SD, not USB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, discord?