shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fishears said:
Loving all the updates so far & hoping custom channels will be fixed soon
wink.gif
same here, none of revises will let me launch my crap channels, they freeze or don't even load all together.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nuts, it is still happening... with tha latest v7alpha and r412 Wiiflow it's taking about 30 seconds to load WiiFlow... hanging on the splash WiiFlow ... screen.

If I delete all settings and have WiiFlow recreate by going to settings and then download database it goes back to taking about 30 seconds to load the menu. Not sure what I did differently.

Is there a defined way to clear the settings - should anything other than everything in the wiiflow/settings folder be deleted?

bfoos

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lag seems to be wiitdb related. Delete the db file (actually I deleted all of the wiitdb shit from settings) as well as titles.ini and custumtitles.ini if you have one and try again. Also cures the main settings page 4 30 second freeze.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bfoos said:
Lag seems to be wiitdb related. Delete the db file (actually I deleted all of the wiitdb shit from settings) as well as titles.ini and custumtitles.ini if you have one and try again. Also cures the main settings page 4 30 second freeze.
I initially tried deleting everything from settings but the menu load lag (30+ seconds) persists.

It didn't happen on earlier versions and it doesn't happen on a small drive... it's just on my giant 2TB drive with 1046 games that it is choking now.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What controls which games are displayed in the Wiiflow list?

I am asking because I found I had a duplicate copy of one game and deleted it in the wbfs folder but it persists in the display.

Any if I try to delete it it causes the db to apparently get out of synch and then it takes 30+ seconds to load the menu.

Could I manually exit the WiiTDB.xml file to remove the extra game entry? I've tried re-downloading it but that causes the menu to go very slow when loading too.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bfoos said:
Delete all the wiitdb stuff and redownload it from options page 1 in wiiflow. Should fix it and hopefully solve the lag.
I've tried that several times with no luck. I deleted everything and I mean everything in the settings folder as if it was a virgin install and downloaded the database first and then had it download all of the images.

Took several hours and the images come up right but the menu takes over a minute to load coming in from the forwarder or when exiting from a game (and having the config set to exit back to WiiFlow).

I am at wits end as an older version of the database works but doesn't display all the games (new ones I've added over the last week or so)... If I update the database all the games are displayed but it is insanely slow. I tried going back fro r410 and r411 with the same results.

I am thinking of trying to go back to r355 or r374 tonight to see if that helps.

Does anyone have another idea?

cemeli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
can somebody help me

i tried to install d2x v7alpha5 but its not working

can somebody explain to me how to install the d2x v7alpha5 step by step please

Posts merged

can somebody help me

i tried to install d2x v7alpha5 but its not working

can somebody explain to me how to install the d2x v7alpha5 step by step please

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bfoos said:
Sorry, dude. I'm at a loss here. Everything's working great here using r412 on d2x v7alpha5 249/56.
How many games are in your list? I am wondering if it is a size issue as I recently cracked 1000 and have 1046 now.

sdoc96

Creaky Old Stiff Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
bfoos said:
Sorry, dude. I'm at a loss here. Everything's working great here using r412 on d2x v7alpha5 249/56.
Same here. (r412 with v7a5 on 249/56 250/57 - tested CODBO, MPT and a few other non-demanding titles)
Initially had weird hangs on game start and in menus, loss of control sync etc., using suggested cleanout - i.e. "DELETE YOUR GAMECONFIG FILES IN /wiiflow/settings AND WDM FILES IN /wiiflow/codes/wdm"
Found other posts suggesting to delete wiiflow.ini, gameconfig.ini's and delete all contents of wiiflow/cache/lists, also delete entire wdm directory.
Another post suggested delete all wiitdb files from settings, as well as titles.ini and customtitles.ini

After I did all this, everything (which is supposed to work in this beta) seems pretty solid and quick, so far. Nice.
yaywii.gif

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I tried clearing everything and I mean everything and didn't get much of a speed difference. I tried it with 500 games and the WiiFlow progress dots went back and forth 16 times before it loaded or when you exited a game to get back to the WiiFlow menu. I tried it with 250 games and it went back and forth 9 times.

I think something is not being written to cache or when it should be and the next time it's looked for it can't find it and has to scan the entire disk again.

I checked the wiiflow/cache/lists/usb1_wbfs.db and at 250 games it's 94 KB and pretty much doubles with 500 games so I think that file is being written correctly.

Is there any way to set a debug command option in one of the ini's that will either write what it is doing while it's doing the dot-by-dot progress when the WiiFlow screen is up or display it on the screen?

This is driving me crazy and I think I am going to have to go back to an older version and just deal with manually setting the cIOS's to use.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
bm123456 said:
Hey guys where does the VC cover directory need to go so the new versions can find them ,, i haven't seen this question asked yet , thanks for all the new updates and hard work
VC/WiiWare covers are saved in the same folder as Wii covers..
QUOTE(bostonBC @ Aug 30 2011, 04:50 AM) So I tried clearing everything and I mean everything and didn't get much of a speed difference. I tried it with 500 games and the WiiFlow progress dots went back and forth 16 times before it loaded or when you exited a game to get back to the WiiFlow menu. I tried it with 250 games and it went back and forth 9 times.

I think something is not being written to cache or when it should be and the next time it's looked for it can't find it and has to scan the entire disk again.

I checked the wiiflow/cache/lists/usb1_wbfs.db and at 250 games it's 94 KB and pretty much doubles with 500 games so I think that file is being written correctly.

Is there any way to set a debug command option in one of the ini's that will either write what it is doing while it's doing the dot-by-dot progress when the WiiFlow screen is up or display it on the screen?

This is driving me crazy and I think I am going to have to go back to an older version and just deal with manually setting the cIOS's to use.
Come to the Wiiflow IRC, some one (maybe a dev) might have an idea how to fix this.

bm123456

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont have any vc 3d covers are they available from wiitdb...does the download of the vc covers work yet with 412

and thanks Etheboss for your quick reply

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
N.P. bm123456.

Not all VC covers are downloadable from WiiTDB yet, if i have to guess, probably about 60-80%.
But they are availably and 412 is able to download them as far as i know.

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I tried to load my emu nand from Wiiflow but I have certain problems.
I copied the nand-extracteda folders in a "nand" folder in the root of my SD card.But,when Wiiflow reads my SD card cannot find the nand folder.I assume that I am doing something wrong.Can anyone help me please?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol