Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

mjolnir_markiv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Why WiiFlow needs smth in USB slot of the Wii to run even though I'm running it from SD card (both boot.dol and data files are on flash drive)? It stops at what I'm suppose is "please, connect your USB device to the Wii" screen and won't let me pass through it. For the sake of curiosity I've connected USB device to the Wii and it worked, though WiiFlow didn't store anything on USB device, nor I've put any files on it beforehand.

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
phillyguy said:
should i format 1TB Wd as NTFS or FAT32? Which one is better when using with wiiflow latest version? thx

Take your pick....both are stable.

QUOTE(mjolnir_markiv @ Dec 20 2010, 05:57 PM) Why WiiFlow needs smth in USB slot of the Wii to run even though I'm running it from SD card (both boot.dol and data files are on flash drive)? It stops at what I'm suppose is "please, connect your USB device to the Wii" screen and won't let me pass through it. For the sake of curiosity I've connected USB device to the Wii and it worked, though WiiFlow didn't store anything on USB device, nor I've put any files on it beforehand.

And where are your games stored?
In SD card?
Wiiflow is a USB Loader....

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
phillyguy said:
should i format 1TB Wd as NTFS or FAT32? Which one is better when using with wiiflow latest version? thx
Depends on what you want to do. If you want to use the disc for more than only Wii games, you might wanna go for NTFS. It supports big files, like full DVD images etc. If you want this disc to be used on the Wii only, I suggest FAT32. Most homebrew on the Wii only supports FAT32, and also nand emulation only supports FAT32 at them moment.

pmetbbg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dent said:
pmetbbg said:
jodur said:
Pakatus said:
pmetbbg said:
can you give us a hint on what "Compile R304 with latest libogc! " actually means?
I'm sure it's only a few steps

All info here...

http://www.wiiflowiki.com/compiling

Additional info for compiling latest libogc and installing can be found in this link. Step 4 an 5
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/SDL_Wii/installation_help

can I stop after step 5 or do I need to do the SDL-Wii step?

You can stop after step 5.

the compile instructions worked without issues. thanks for the links.
just tried it with 2 remotes pressing A on both as fast as possible trying to break it.

XICO2KX

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Just a quick question...
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif

Does WiiFlow work with the USB microphones provided with karaoke games like We Sing?
yaywii.gif

And if yes, does it need any special configuration?
huh.gif
happy.gif

hybridLearner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it does, you just need to make sure you are using either hermes cios, or better yet wanin's 249 v20b base 56. I have the karaoke games and the work just fine.

mjolnir_markiv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Pakatus said:
In SD card?
My bad
biggrin.gif

BTW I want to play GC backups via WiiFlow. In order to do so I've installed Waninkoko's cMIOS. But essentially it seems to be an old v4 version of IOS, and Wii is asking for update every time I'm trying to play any of my legitimately bought Wii games. I put non-patched MIOS v10 back so it's working again for the time being , but I'd like to know if there's any solution to this without constantly installing\uninstalling MIOS? Thank you!

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
mjolnir_markiv said:
Pakatus said:
In SD card?
My bad
biggrin.gif

BTW I want to play GC backups via WiiFlow. In order to do so I've installed Waninkoko's cMIOS. But essentially it seems to be an old v4 version of IOS, and Wii is asking for update every time I'm trying to play any of my legitimately bought Wii games. I put non-patched MIOS v10 back so it's working again for the time being , but I'd like to know if there's any solution to this without constantly installing\uninstalling MIOS? Thank you!

Games asking you to update have nothing to do with MIOS. It means they want you to update ios for wii games which do not use mios at all, that only for GC games. Simplest solution is to get HBC 1.0.8 running on IOS58 and do an official nintendo update to get running on a clean system menu 4.3. After that you will need to remove stubs with multi mod manager v13.4 and install a patched 36/236 also with multi mod manager 13.4, and then reinstall cIOS, recommendedly cIOSx r20b 249 base 56, and cIOSx r20b 250 base 57.

mjolnir_markiv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
QUOTE said:
mugotu said:

Games asking you to update have nothing to do with MIOS. It means they want you to update ios for wii games which do not use mios at all, that only for GC games. Simplest solution is to get HBC 1.0.8 running on IOS58 and do an official nintendo update to get running on a clean system menu 4.3. After that you will need to remove stubs with multi mod manager v13.4 and install a patched 36/236 also with multi mod manager 13.4, and then reinstall cIOS, recommendedly cIOSx r20b 249 base 56, and cIOSx r20b 250 base 57.
Thank you for suggestion.

I know they've got nothing to do with MIOS, but I'm sure it's what causes them to ask for an update. Just after I've installed cMIOS they start asking for an update, I put original MIOS back, and Wii games are working fine. It's not a coincidence.

I thought in order to run GC backups it needs some sort of custom MIOS (at least that what I've read somewhere), is that so? I haven't tested any GC backups on my Wii yet, here's my sysCheck (I run WiiFlow through HBC 1.0.8 IOS58):
sysCheck v2.0 by Double_A
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6175).

Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.3 (v513)
Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 61039784
Boot2 v4

Found 99 titles.
Found 38 IOS on this console. 12 of them are stub.

IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 256): Stub
IOS12 (rev 525): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1031): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1031): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1031): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 1031): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 256): Stub
IOS21 (rev 1038): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1293): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1806): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 2816): Stub
IOS31 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4123): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 5120): Stub
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5661): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5918): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6175): No Patches
IOS60 (rev 6400): Stub
IOS61 (rev 5661): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 6912): Stub
IOS80 (rev 6944): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS222 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS223 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS249 (rev 20): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10

Report generated on 2010/12/20.

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiBricker said:
Couldn't compile WiiFlow unless I installed the portlibs provided from the wiiflow google code page: http://code.google.com/p/wiiflow/downloads...&q=portlibs
But they are deprecated. Anyone know if newer portlibs for WiiFlow are available? The latest portlibs from sourceforge wont work.
Portlibs are included in SVN. If you just downloaded the /trunk/source directory, you will not have them. Make sure to download the /trunk, It has a portlibs directory in it, and the Makefile is changed to use those.

retroguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I like wiiflow as a USB loader very much, but I do use CFG USB loader more because it has the option to go back directly to the loader (through the forwarder channel) when I quite a game. I can't find this option in wiiflow. Am I missing something? I hate it that Wiiflow brings me back to the Wiimenu after quitting a game.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
WiiFlow doesn't natively have the return to channel feature like configurable does, but there is a work around that comes close.

You can install a file to priiloader that launches WiiFlow, then u can set Priiloader settings to return to installed file.
This would mean u wont be able to access the main wii system menu though (at least not without using a forwarder or via priiloader)

edit: oops, apparently it can be done, thx skater4599 for correcting me
biggrin.gif

retroguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Skater4599 said:
WiiFlow does have this feature natively, no workaround needed. In the options menu change the "Return To" to your WiiFlow channel forwarder, it works a treat
biggrin.gif

how do I do that? In the Wiiflow settings menu I have an option: Exit to Wii menu (on/off). I choose off. In the game menu I have the option: Disable return to (off/default). I choose default. I don't see the option "Return to".

bulletmark

Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
You can install a file to priiloader that launches WiiFlow, then u can set Priiloader settings to return to installed file.
This would mean u wont be able to access the main wii system menu though (at least not without using a forwarder or via priiloader)
This is a better approach though as any soft or hard reset, power-up, etc go directly to your loader. Rarely (if ever) you need to go to the system menu. If you really want to get to the system menu then just hold down the wii console reset button as it boots and you get the priiloader boot screen from where you can select the system menu.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
retroguy said:
Skater4599 said:
WiiFlow does have this feature natively, no workaround needed. In the options menu change the "Return To" to your WiiFlow channel forwarder, it works a treat
biggrin.gif

how do I do that? In the Wiiflow settings menu I have an option: Exit to Wii menu (on/off). I choose off. In the game menu I have the option: Disable return to (off/default). I choose default. I don't see the option "Return to".

What version are you using? If your using the most recent available its there

retroguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Skater4599 said:

rolleyes.gif
I was on version 2.045!! I just upgraded to 3.04 (249) and now it's working, when I quit a game I get back to the Wiiflow forwarder channel
nayps3.gif

Now I have to tackle the enxt 'problem', getting Worms Battle Island to work. I know this game needs a trick, haven't found out which one yet. Read about using uloader, but that one needs a WBFS partition which I don't have and don't want.

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
retroguy said:
Skater4599 said:

rolleyes.gif
I was on version 2.045!! I just upgraded to 3.04 (249) and now it's working, when I quit a game I get back to the Wiiflow forwarder channel
nayps3.gif

Where did you get these strange numbers for revisions lol.
It's Wiiflow 2.2RC1 r304 (the latest) , well i guess it's what you use now , but use the real name convention please
wink.gif

about your Worms problem :
http://gbatemp.net/t204106-wiiflow-an-open...t&p=3296654
(i just used the search function in this thread , that little box at the end of every page , you should try it dude
wink.gif
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Pi is basically just a fancy version