r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
kylster said:
love the Orchid theme seems professional and well rounded
smile.gif

Yes, it's my personal favorite too! Although, just for this month, I've switched to chriistmas
wink.gif

QUOTE(kylster @ Dec 2 2010, 05:56 AM) the x-mas theme is good but i cant get the names of the games to show.
You can change that behavior by looking into Chriistmas.ini. Open it up in a decent editor (not notedpad!) and search for the fonts. I think there is one entry empty. Just add the name of the font to it, and you might have titles. If that isn't true, check for the title_color. If it ends with 00 (like 0xFF00FF00), change the last 00 to FF.

We can also just ask Kovani to help you with that. But I have to say that I missed the titles too...

Kovani

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
r-win said:
kylster said:
the x-mas theme is good but i cant get the names of the games to show.
You can change that behavior by looking into Chriistmas.ini. Open it up in a decent editor (not notedpad!) and search for the fonts. I think there is one entry empty. Just add the name of the font to it, and you might have titles. If that isn't true, check for the title_color. If it ends with 00 (like 0xFF00FF00), change the last 00 to FF.

We can also just ask Kovani to help you with that. But I have to say that I missed the titles too...

Well, I had a problem with titles and that's why I decided to disable them. The thing is that the text does not fit very well with the current background. A workaround would be to make a bar at the top with a black transparency, just like the settings. This way, the text could be readable without problem. I also have to configure coverflow for this change. I used an empty font to hide them, but the values are not correctly set.

You are probably going to use this theme for a few weeks. If I have a lot of feedback, I will consider making this change if it's worth it.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Loving the new themes! Orchid and Chriistmas are definitely tops.

I think Orchid could be the default theme if, well, the background didn't have the black orchid scene.
tongue.gif

As for Chriistmas and the music, it's themes like this that I wish each theme could have their own music settings, like having a theme sub-folder in the music folder or just be able to move the music in the theme folder itself. (Not sure if this can be done now)

Also as a suggestion, would be cool if Benjay's loader screen design can somehow be turned into a forwarder. I think it would look very official.
smile.gif

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hello guys !!

Many thanks for all your comments on the Orchid Theme.

I have to add some details about it :

- First of all , this theme is based on the unfinished business of Roku93 , that he was kind to send me , so Jiiwah and i can finish it.
So , all "design" credits go to him
wink.gif

- I have to say that we just kept the pictures (and made some new) , and rewrote totally the .ini , to stick with the new wiiflow.

Now , this is a video of Orchid , made some times ago , so you won't see the new wiiflow loading screen in it :

In the beginning of the video , you can see that Jiiwah and i made a new forwarder , matching with the orchid theme.
It has been made from scratch , i did all the graphic and sound part , and Jiiwah did all the animation.

You can find that forwarder , a dol for priiloader based on it , and a NForwarder58 (thanks Narolez) version of it here :

http://benjay.free.fr/Orchid

And of course , you can find the theme and the forwarder on the wiiflowiki
wink.gif

raine.sisk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made some changes to the orchid background, but when I start up Wiiflow, the background screws up and is all pink and crazy colors. Anyone know what the problem is? I remember having this happen before when I tried to change some of the images.

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Miigotu would tell you that your pictures need to be in PNG 2.0 (which is a file specification and not a file extension itself lol).

Btw , your PNGs need to be in real colors (PNG24 bits) , not indexed ones.
And be sure to keep the weight of the picture as small as possible.

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
raine.sisk said:
Benjay said:
PNG24 bits
That did it, thanks. Now to figure out how to try and merge the default coverflow into this new theme.
rolleyes.gif
Open up both ini's, and copy all [COVERFLOW_##] sections. Also change the amount of coverflows. That's it.

.:Plasma:.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Seems like our IRC channel has gone tits up..

QUOTE said:
[13:46] *** BuildBot has quit IRC: *.net *.split
[13:46] *** Jinx has quit IRC: *.net *.split
[13:46] *** cpnc0ke has quit IRC: *.net *.split
[13:46] *** lustar has quit IRC: *.net *.split
[13:46] *** mickee has quit IRC: *.net *.split
[13:46] *** Maisto has quit IRC: *.net *.split
[13:46] *** Miigotu has quit IRC: *.net *.split
[13:46] *** symular_syn has quit IRC: *.net *.split
[13:46] *** THitsu10 has quit IRC: *.net *.split
[13:46] *** imbizile has quit IRC: *.net *.split
[13:46] *** Yuan has quit IRC: *.net *.split
[13:46] *** Hydro- has quit IRC: *.net *.split
[13:46] *** Drexyl has quit IRC: *.net *.split
[13:46] *** f4te has quit IRC: *.net *.split
[13:46] *** krog has quit IRC: *.net *.split
[13:46] *** Jojse has quit IRC: *.net *.split

[13:54] *** NickServ Services is currently down. Please wait a few moments, and then try again.

Plasma

mat03111984

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakatus said:
mat03111984 said:
ok so im trying out the booting from port 1 and all i get is disc_setUSB failed?

any ideas? i can boot through usbloadergx

cIOS used to boot wiiflow?

i think about 16 or 17, been away from the scene for a while. should i update to 20b. its just i have hermes set up perfect and i woudnt know how to update that now

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
mat03111984 said:
Pakatus said:
mat03111984 said:
ok so im trying out the booting from port 1 and all i get is disc_setUSB failed?

i think about 16 or 17, been away from the scene for a while. should i update to 20b. its just i have hermes set up perfect and i woudnt know how to update that now

Not much sure...but try to boot a hermes version of wiiflow...
Im not much into this feature...but one dev might come soon and sort me out if im wrong.

mat03111984

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakatus said:
mat03111984 said:
Pakatus said:
mat03111984 said:

Not much sure...but try to boot a hermes version of wiiflow...
Im not much into this feature...but one dev might come soon and sort me out if im wrong.
ye i am booting with 223 version of wiiflow and games come up. got all covers etc. but cant play any games... ill keep messing

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has anyone tried running the NTSC version of Karaoke Revolution: Glee using the newest Wiiflow revision 304? I started with a clean slate and am using IOS249 rev20b base 56 to boot Wiiflow and IOS250 rev20b base 57 to boot the game. It just crashes Wiiflow and a code dump occurs. I also tried booting the game just using the default IOS249 base 56 but it does the same code dump/crash. I can run other games using that same combination of IOS's. The previous public beta booted this game fine.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Metroid Prime Trilogy issue again:

OK. I spent a long time working to reproduce the problem reliably.
If I launch any of the alternate dol's and quit the game, WiiFlow hangs when I try to launch it again. If I shut down the Wii, then I can launch that dol again.
However, I have only been able to launch game's Main Menu a few times and the rest have been freezes.
Another minor issue I have noticed is that this version of WiiFlow occasionally fails to find my hard drive upon startup, whereas this hardly ever happened with the previous one.

Any idea what it could be?

More details:
- running WiiFlow from slot 249, rev20b base 56
- all options on default
- FAT32 hard drive
- worked perfectly fine on the previous WiiFlow release

Regards.

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
themanuel said:
Metroid Prime Trilogy issue again:

OK. I spent a long time working to reproduce the problem reliably.
If I launch any of the alternate dol's and quit the game, WiiFlow hangs when I try to launch it again. If I shut down the Wii, then I can launch that dol again.
However, I have only been able to launch game's Main Menu a few times and the rest have been freezes.
Another minor issue I have noticed is that this version of WiiFlow occasionally fails to find my hard drive upon startup, whereas this hardly ever happened with the previous one.

Any idea what it could be?

More details:
- running WiiFlow from slot 249, rev20b base 56
- all options on default
- FAT32 hard drive
- worked perfectly fine on the previous WiiFlow release

Regards.

I added the mounter from wiixplorer and am getting some help from r-win to rewrite the wbfs stuff, this should definitely fix this issue about not finding the HDD all the time. As for the other issue, idk what could be happenning there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/O8G6DCnlLDQ