Hacking WiiFlow Advanced

pinkuzi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiiflow forwarders does not work with wiiflow "advanced". Wait until miigotu releases them or use Abdalah's one: http://gbatemp.net/t...ost__p__4173393

Is that just because of the new name/folder location? I put my dol in the wiiflow folder. It seems like if that were the problem it wouldn't be working at all versus every other time. I'll try moving my dol into wiiflow_advanced and trying the other forwarder..

pinkuzi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiflow advanced, wiiflow+, and wiiflow Plus are synonymous.

But not the same as wiiflow? Biggest challenge I have is it seems that the directory always moves with the config files and then forwarders need to be changed etc.... i'm sure this has something to do with my fowarder working half the time problem too..

Is there somewhere where the history of what happened, what conflicts and what current fractions wiiflow is split into? I'm a newcomer and I haven't been able to understand it.

pinkuzi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiiflow forwarders does not work with wiiflow "advanced". Wait until miigotu releases them or use Abdalah's one: http://gbatemp.net/t...ost__p__4173393

I'm now testing the latest wiiflow_advanced with the wiiflow_advanced channel forwarder. It works more than every other time now, but still fails back to the menu sometimes. I also still can't use the return to channel. I'm convinced this has something to do with a timeout when waiting for my drive or something .. maybe ios 55 (is that the usb2? ) needing to be reloaded? because again I can go into another channel and it seems to work fine.

mugotu

OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
there are 2 versions, wiiflow (used to be wiiflow-mod), and wiiflow+/plus/advanced (used to be wiiflow)
we try to avoid talking about the situation because of flamers and bullshitters..

pinkuzi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there are 2 versions, wiiflow (used to be wiiflow-mod), and wiiflow+/plus/advanced (used to be wiiflow)
we try to avoid talking about the situation because of flamers and bullshitters..

Yes, but would it be possible to update pages like this http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/USB_Loader_Releases
I believe that one is pointing to the SVN for wiiflow but the website for wiiflow+. Very confusing to a newcomer.
Also, does regular wiiflow have a web site? It seems like half the information on the wiiflow+ wiki (wiiflowiki.com) is actually about wiiflow.

I won't start a flame war between the camps by asking you to recommend one or the other, but it would be nice if you could point me to some good third party information on the projects.

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi everybody,
maybe someone can help.

I tried to update from wiiflow 2.0 (r416) to wiiflow advanced (r426). However after the update, wiiflow doesn't detect my usb hdd anymore (1st wbfs partition with all games).
First of all, I renamed all folders and files to wiiflow_advanced then I deleted the ini and folders in order to setup wiiflow advanced correctly.
But, for unknown things, it still doesn't detect my HDD. With the old revisions (since wiiflow 1.0) I didn't have any problems with my usb hdd. -.-
Also if I configure Wiiflow to use USB1 (WBFS partition with all games) it's not finding any games.

Edit:
I tried a second USB HDD with the same results.
Furthermore I tried now to change the partitions (1st fat32, 2nd wbfs) but this didn't solve the problem.

Edit2:
Tried to move to the newest Wiiflow Mod, which was working perfectly.
So it seems r426 cannot detect any usb hdds which are wbfs formatted.

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I tried to update from wiiflow 2.0 (r416) to wiiflow advanced (r426). However after the update, wiiflow doesn't detect my usb hdd anymore (1st wbfs partition with all games).
are the games in /wbfs/ ?

No, because it's a complete wbfs partition.
Means the partition itself is wbfs formatted.
So I don't need a wbfs folder.

Edit:
So, I tried to setup a WBFS USB stick.
I seems that wbfs formatted drives aren't working anymore with wiiflow advance (r426).

Edit2:
I will format my HDD. I will change my wbfs partition to ntfs.
However there should be a tutorial or comment to inform user who want to update to wiiflow advance.

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine was full WBFS formatted as well, but then I switched to Advanced. Now I've been waiting for a Wiiflow Advanced update, one which would fix the bug that prevents music from being played.. and some other minor stuff. I say it runs alot better and faster in my opinion.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Confirmed WBFS partitions are not being read by Wiiflow-plus. He's updating libwbfs and making some major changes as it is so I'm sure as long as its been brought to his attention it's all good.

We'll see a stable release it's in the works, nothing wrong if some pro coders/devs wanted to jump on board though and help with some fixes/features :P

masterjakeway

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, I can not get this to work properly...
There are no downloads except the boot.dol?
So, I install the mod version then replace that dol with this dol?
And the wiiflow folder needs renamed?
I have searched and searched for these answers to no avail...

I was thinking way too hard, lol!

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Same boat as you guys. I haven't even heard much from him in IRC anymore either so I'm in the dark, there was a lot going on with great ideas and implementation happening but it's been silent for about 2 weeks or so.

Hopefully [member='mugotu'] will give us a quick reply and let us know if we're to see anything in the upcoming months.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night