Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
TL;DR:

I have an issue: I just updated, from the previous WiiFlow from wiiflow wiki nightlybuild, to 426. On start up it asks me to select my game partition stating that "I didn't find any games" so I tried USB1, USB2, and USB3 (I have 3 partitions fat/ntfs/wbfs) none of them "found" my 22 games on my wbfs.. it then allowed me to select USB5 and then USB7.. but still no wbfs was found. I checked in neogamma and low and behold all my games showed up... should there be a WBFS option or just numbered USB's?

.. what am I doing wrong here?

I have started with a fresh install on fat USB:/apps/wiiflow_advanced/boot.dol
I am running D2X beta 9r47

EDIT: just reverted back to the version before "advanced" and it works again, finds my wbfs partition under USB2.. any idea why it's not working in advanced? :(

Ape8000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is the code for adding the uDraw tablet icon to the game info screen.
https://rapidshare.com/files/1085423592/menu_gameinfo.cpp.zip

Copy the 2 included png files to the data\images directory in your source tree. Then run the patch in your source/menu directory.

Maybe place the uDraw text in the screen of the icons? It would need to be smaller, but is still legible, and is possible a halfway between the options.

That is almost readable, but you pretty much need to know it says uDraw to read it. I just went with the original 2 icons for now, but people are free to use whatever, as long it is a 60x60 box with the icon centered with a transparent background.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Not from my screen. Do these not appear different to you?
Original:
iconpln.png

Modified:
2ivofb.png

Ape8000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Original:
iconpln.png

Modified:
2ivofb.png
I guess you would have to read the post before yours where I state I did not use that icon, but the original ones I posted. ;) The ones in the patch file are transparent, but do not have the uDraw text in them.

Feel free to modify the transparent version you made to grey scale. Rename the grayscale one "udraw.png" and the blue one "udrawR.png". I would recomend that you change the blue to be the same as the wiiflow icon blue. Just steal the color from the icons in the patch file or the icons in the data/images directory in the wiiflow source. Then please post them for others to use.

mugotu

OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
oooooh, an obfuscating program. something new for me to crack. look forward to a patch soon
LOL, assumed I would be using it in Wiiflow for some odd reason?

@Yardape8000 I'll be checking out some of your changes you posted here soon, but I may very well do it much differently than you have xD.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Original:
iconpln.png

Modified:
2ivofb.png
I guess you would have to read the post before yours where I state I did not use that icon, but the original ones I posted. ;) The ones in the patch file are transparent, but do not have the uDraw text in them.
Lol, why did you respond then? My post was directed at the creator of the non-transparent icon.

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
lol

Sorry to cause any confusion.

Mine were in no way intended as the finished icon, just a very quick, non transparent, suggestion on a possible alternative to the proposals, plus an official icon, very quickly cut from a box cover and still non transparent, as a reference for the icon maker.

I simply wanted to illustrate my thoughts on another possible option, and allow other to comment or complete it.

If it was considered the best option, the original icon maker could use their own transparent files to finish it, in a very short time as it is really their work.

btw I'm using the black background theme for GBATemp so the non transparency is very obvious on my own screen. ;)

"Just tried a very quick edit in paint to test, and it seems fine. Note no transparency because of how quick it was."

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oooooh, an obfuscating program. something new for me to crack. look forward to a patch soon
LOL, assumed I would be using it in Wiiflow for some odd reason?

@Yardape8000 I'll be checking out some of your changes you posted here soon, but I may very well do it much differently than you have xD.
I am no lawyer but work with a lot of them and I thought you weren't supposed to obsfucate open source apps as it is against most open source licenses. If you are planning to change your branch of WiiFlow from open source to a non-open source or a for sale model I think you will need to remove it from code.google.com. I understand if you are concerned that fix 'took' your idea on returning from emulators but the option you mentioned about not announcing new features until they are released is probably the better path to take.

Reactions: 1 person

Ape8000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats great. Just trying to help squash bugs. I'm thinking of changing the categories fix I did. It occurred to be after I coded the fix, that the game info category selection screen and the coverflow screen should be merged. That would simplify code. Then you could easily have as many categories as you want to waste memory on. 24 would probably be good. Also I'm thinking it would be nice to set an age in the parental lock to block all ratings from that age and up.

Here is a list of the remaining coverflow & channels r246 bugs :

1: no music. worked in r245
2. display text with accents properly, eg. Okami
3. Homebrew does not launch properly out of channels
4. when you are changing through a lot of games using the game info view, it can still code dump

rhino4eva

Trophies
XP
Country
i really like using wiiflow but am a little confused with the latest wrangles over this wiilflow project.

i would like to follow the advanced route but am at a total loss as how to proceed

i had WFBS on a 500gb USB drive
and used wiflow

do i now need to reformat to fat32 with 1gb partition to house wiflow and isos on the other 499
do i need an sd card at all
do i put wiiflow advanced boot.dol in an APPS directory on the 1gb section
do i need an icon in the same apps folder
which cios do need to be running
if anyone can help i would be truely grateful

:) :)

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
i really like using wiiflow but am a little confused with the latest wrangles over this wiilflow project.

i would like to follow the advanced route but am at a total loss as how to proceed

i had WFBS on a 500gb USB drive
and used wiflow

do i now need to reformat to fat32 with 1gb partition to house wiflow and isos on the other 499
do i need an sd card at all
do i put wiiflow advanced boot.dol in an APPS directory on the 1gb section
do i need an icon in the same apps folder
which cios do need to be running
if anyone can help i would be truely grateful
Great questions. If u can specify whether or not your going to be using NAND emulation I can recommend an optimal setup

Right off the bat I would suggest installing at least d2x-v8 final on cIOS slots 245-251. Edit: U can find a WAD pack on WiiFlowiki. Nevermind the links were taken down. I suggest building the WADS with ModMii or you can use the d2x cIOS installer

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
Seeing that coverflow allows for dvd cover dimensions, it should be able to also detect other dimensions to allow for full covers, no? Going with the same height (being 680px), a full box will have a bit extra width that wiiflow can detect and apply correctly should there be another box dimension added (though I do not have programming experience on Wii apps so I might be pooping bad milk here.)

But taking this as an example:
iElb5A3gxu8tZ.jpg

Using this standard, each NES/SNES/GEN box would be 497 pixels on the front and back, and 99 pixels on the spine. Using uniform spines takes away from the authenticty of the classic box arts IMO by removing the spines, and not to mention that sites like www.thecoverproject.net offers cleaned up sources and should be encouraged over grainy improper scans from gamefaqs\mobygames.

If it is possible to set up like this, that would be perfect! I don't know exactly what it would involve to have a seperate size template for each emulator box (GB/GB/GBA would have to be different dimensions too if possible, even though the others come out to the same size) but it wouldn't get much better than that! Is this a possibility @Fix94 ? I would then have to totally switch up my current project XD. I'm sure one of us would be more than happy to account for the sizes in pixels like Corey did above for the rest of the boxes. Ahhhhhh, good times. But seriously, for those of us trying to put cover sets together for the masses, some clarity on the direction we're going to go here would be nice :P I'm debating whether to continue this set i'm working on now til I hear back.

Edit: Got a little team together... D/Ling all the files from thecoverproject.net, going to convert them all to a height of 680 pixels, and put them together in a "bulk d/l" cuz d/l those covers one at a time SUCKS!! (gonna worry bout vbagx resize til this gets figured out.) There's gotta be a way to do get this implemented, would be the shiat!

Also... might as well ask.. has anybody actually downloaded EVERY image individually from thecoverproject.net, at least for one emu? You may be able to save the wii world a shitton of time! :P If not, no worries, shoes got that shiz!
So freaking EPIC!! This would be the equivalent of a panty dropper for men, a draws dropper or something... but seriously, [member='Mugotu'] can u consider implementing the dimensions that Mastershoes and his team are working on for this HQ Cover Project? It would be so official and dope as f**k.

mugotu

OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
So freaking EPIC!! This would be the equivalent of a panty dropper for men, a draws dropper or something... but seriously, [member='Mugotu'] can u consider implementing the dimensions that Mastershoes and his team are working on for this HQ Cover Project? It would be so official and dope as f**k.
Mine will be using the PROPER sizes for each emu's official box, idk if the values he put in that post are proper or not yet. Also, I will be figuring out some way to work them into the cover downloader, maybe Lustar will add sections for them on gametdb since thats the entire reason he rewrote half of the site was to make it possible to add more systems easily. Plus, since there aren't any more games for those systems being released, it should be rather quick to have every game's cover on the site.

Anyways, while I was working on a quad boot setup on my lappy for a presentation at school, I idiotically followed instructions for linux mint saying the guided mode in the installer would auto detect windows and use unpartitioned space to install it, when in fact you have to do a manual/expert type of setup. In short I ended up formatting my windows partition accidentally for the first time in like 10 years. Thank god my family albums are saved on drop box! I lost a few movies and most importantly the new program I just wrote..... Anyways, I'm now making an attempt again to switch over to linux permanently since I no longer play mmo's I don't need windows. Really I'm only losing my beloved notepad++, so I'm trying out some linux alternatives like geany, but I still think some things are going to be missing from that, maybe I will need to modify it or write some extensions for it, idk.

Some things I require in a code editer that most don't do:
after a ")" in notepad++ I can hit insert and it will do this:
if(x)|
to:
if(x)
{
|
}

Functions completion, auto closing of braces, brackets, and parenthesis are nice too.

Also, if you double click a word in notepad++, it will not just highlight that whole word, but also all occurrences of that word in the file. Makes easy for tracking references or modifications to variables or functions.

And finally, the search functions in notepad++ are the best I have found in any program. I can search by an "extended" method that understands things like \n, \t, \r, etc. Or by regex, in one file, all opened files, or in all files recusrsively within a directory. the replace function also works in all of these ways too.

Sucks because I was just about ready to spam fceugx, snes9xgx, and vbagx into my wiiflow+ svn, using settings entirely from wiiflow rather than using the existing libwiigui version. My emulator modules will be heavily modified and stripped of menus andother unneeded stuff, and use preset paths and stuff set in wiiflow configuration files rather than tantric's config files. (yes I know it makes it difficult to run them standalone but I want it fully integrated. In the end my goal is for wiiflow+ to be an complete all inclusive nintendo emulator up to and including the wii. (genesis will still be an external module in the end, but Wiiflow+ will be expandable by a small configuration file so that end users can add more modes and box sizes and emulator modules themselves, provided the emu supports the necessary args.)

This is a huge undertaking so I'm juggling a few things trying to sort out the feature priority list, not necessarily by the bang the feature will make, but by how stable it will allow wiiflow+ to remain also.

The bigger standard features everyone is heavily anticipating of course are emulators integration and DML support, but I have a bucket full of smaller features that have been requested for ages, as well as some that have not been requested but I have added because they SHOULD be a part of it. Wiiflow will be it's own guide, installer, repair program, etc, which is most likely the most important one. There are many smaller features this will bring and alot of things will benefit greatly from some of the tools it will bring, for example channel/ww/vc uninstalling/installing.

Emulator integration is the largest change of all, since things like cheats require a rewrite of the cheats setup in wiiflow, among other things.

Above all, I still want to improve the reliability and stability of features Wiiflow+ already has FIRST. There are still some outstanding issues that really annoy me such as usb saves, ww/vc emulation, coverflow adjustment, etc. I will be preparing the coverflow for adding/using multiple case sizes easily and cleanly during this time, but I will not be committing it until it can be used. The more wiiflow and wiiflow+'s code base grow away from eachother the more comfortable I will be committing things that aren't complete. I hate working on something for 2 weeks or more to have someone do the last 2 days worth of work on it and grab the bang effect and praise from the userbase like they did all the work for it (even if that isn't their intention, it happens if they release it before me). Anyways, I probably have said too much already, hope they don't read my thread anymore xD.

Reactions: 2 people

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine will be using the PROPER sizes for each emu's official box, idk if the values he put in that post are proper or not yet. Also, I will be figuring out some way to work them into the cover downloader, maybe Lustar will add sections for them on gametdb since thats the entire reason he rewrote half of the site was to make it possible to add more systems easily. Plus, since there aren't any more games for those systems being released, it should be rather quick to have every game's cover on the site.

I'm trying to get cover sets together of the PROPER size for everything, cuz that's how i roll, I'm just trying to help the scene, no need to get snappy (if you weren't sorry, it seemed a littly snappy with the CAPS and the idk BS). I'm also a member of GameTDB, so I'd love to have as much ready to upload as possible with the PROPER size, whether that's on GameTDB or via my own mediafire account.... Can't we co-operate and maybe if you have your own "revelation" on what the PROPER sizes are, (I'm trying to scale properly to the same 680 pixel height as a Standard Full HQ cover, sounded about right) you could share them with me?

Let's work together man, I can be a big asset to the Emu project. :)

Reactions: 3 people

mugotu

OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States

I'm trying to get cover sets together of the PROPER size for everything, cuz that's how i roll, I'm just trying to help the scene, no need to get snappy (if you weren't sorry, it seemed a littly snappy with the CAPS and the idk BS). I'm also a member of GameTDB, so I'd love to have as much ready to upload as possible with the PROPER size, whether that's on GameTDB or via my own mediafire account.... Can't we co-operate and maybe if you have your own "revelation" on what the PROPER sizes are, (I'm trying to scale properly to the same 680 pixel height as a Standard Full HQ cover, sounded about right) you could share them with me?

Let's work together man, I can be a big asset to the Emu project. :)
I wasn't being snappy, but proper is not the size of a dvd case like wii games, proper is scans of actual snes/nes/gb/gbc/gba boxes the game came in, and sized exactly the size of the actual box. Each emu's box is a different size, and there are complete sets of these scans already available xD. In the code, the boxmesh is not actually intended to be resized, but I use a scaling hack to make gx draw it whatever size I want. Anyways, lets not get ahead of ourselves as I haven't even got to the point where we could use them xD. I actually have some really cool ideas about combining multiple systems into one flow without actually mixing the games in with eachother, but I need to rewrite a large chunk of coverflow for it to work.

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't being snappy, but proper is not the size of a dvd case like wii games, proper is scans of actual snes/nes/gb/gbc/gba boxes the game came in, and sized exactly the size of the actual box. Each emu's box is a different size, and there are complete sets of these scans already available xD. In the code, the boxmesh is not actually intended to be resized, but I use a scaling hack to make gx draw it whatever size I want. Anyways, lets not get ahead of ourselves as I haven't even got to the point where we could use them xD. I actually have some really cool ideas about combining multiple systems into one flow without actually mixing the games in with eachother, but I need to rewrite a large chunk of coverflow for it to work.

You're plans for Wiiflow sound great man, if there's anything i can do as far as covers or art go, shoot me a PM. FYI - I didn't give those dimension's either, i was just involved in the same qouted post. I guess i just felt the need to reply after I felt i was being dissed for busting my ass, but all is good.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country

You're plans for Wiiflow sound great man, if there's anything i can do as far as covers or art go, shoot me a PM. FYI - I didn't give those dimension's either, i was just involved in the same qouted post. I guess i just felt the need to reply after I felt i was being dissed for busting my ass, but all is good.
This is wonderful news guys, I'd like to see the community come together to make this HQ cover project a success with all of your intentions fullfilled. From what I see the most important this is having the "proper" scan size of the original system game cases, so for the time being do we know exactly what those dimensions would be? That way Mastershoes can continue on with his project of enhancing the cover art, uploading, scaling adjustments or whatever lol, and anything else he sees fit, to prepare for when Wiiflow+ and other loaders would have support for it. Would that help you in anyway Mastershoes?

Mastershoes I have a request, if you're not too busy could you submit an icon idea or two for wiiflow advanced/Wiiflow+? I'm not sure exactly what's going on with the naming convention right now so maybe [member='Mugotu'] could you clarify whether or not the program is wiiflow+ or advanced or if the "+" will be geared more towards the ini and config files?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs