Hacking Wii U USB loading - install WiiU games to USB or internal memory

mr.jeks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If I install a game on a USB Drive and I unplug it for whatever reason... and I start the game via the wiiU Menu, (without Usb Drive attached) could it bricks my console?

_Pro_Man_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Wii Sports Club still wont let you play any of the games, they are still greyed out :( or am i missing something
Yeah, for now Wii Sports Club will not work as the only version of Wii Sports Club that is available for download in the eShop is the demo. We are only using the title.tik from the disc, not the actual contents. For now, you will have to use Loadiine in order to play the full version of Wii Sports Club.

MeteK

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok my download seems incomplete even if it's wrote finished.

The complete size have changed at this time ...

gamecaptor

R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm trying to understand New Super Luigi U (USA). Is it considered DLC as far as the eShop is concerned? I do not see it available to download on NUS, though I see a .tik is available for it.

I think a thread stating what games are NOT available via eShop/NUS (or rather what is retail/disc only) might be a good idea.

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm trying to understand New Super Luigi U (USA). Is it considered DLC as far as the eShop is concerned? I do not see it available to download on NUS, though I see a .tik is available for it.

I think a thread stating what games are NOT available via eShop/NUS (or rather what is retail/disc only) might be a good idea.

According to the title database the DLC isn't available on their CDN: http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/Title_database

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I see a lot of people on here always talking about errors they are getting. I have never encountered any errors ever.
I'll just put here everything I do and use. Maybe we can compare differences between setups to see if we can weed out where these errors come from.
To start, I am using the 32GB model Wii U. I have a 128GB PNY microSD in an adapter. For my USB drive I am using a WD Passport Ultra 1.5TB HDD. The hard drive plugs into a powered hub, which then plugs into the Wii U. I'll be changing to a Y cable soon, so if anything changes after that I'll make a note of it.
I download my games with NUSGrabber via command line. I reach my max network download speeds (about 7-10MB/s) when using this method, and have never had any failed or broken downloads.
Right after the game downloads I also download updates with NUSGrabber (Because the Title ID of updates is identical except one character, I can just hit the up arrow which brings in the last command on Command Prompt, and then replace a 0 with an E)
I transfer them to my SD in "SD:/Install/*Game Name* or *Game Name* Update. I can do this because I also use wupinstaller mod y.
I then go into my Wii U and run the browser exploit through loadiine.ovh (I set my to autolaunch HBL).
From there I load wupinstaller mod y.
I then select both the update and the game to install in one go. Sometimes I do multiple games and updates.
The only issue I've ever had was on my part forgetting to put title.tik into the game install folder.

JimmyZ

Sarcastic Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe

New Super Luigi U is tricky, the eshop version is a DLC, requires New Super Mario Bros U to run, while the disc version is a standalone game, the two versions have different title IDs while bearing the same name.

However New Super Mario Bros U + New Super Luigi U is available as both eshop and disc version, try that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!