cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i don't have a wii u so i don't know:
we can install (now pirated) games to usb, ok.
what about the sd card? what is that used for? we can install (real+pirated) games to the sd card?

Audino

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
what about the sd card? what is that used for? we can install (real+pirated) games to the sd card?
We can only install pirated games to an USB device, if you want to play pirated games from your SD card, you can use Loadiine GX2

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
We can only install pirated games to an USB device, if you want to play pirated games from your SD card, you can use Loadiine GX2

USB device or internal storage.

there are two types of backups available , loadiine ready games and they go inside your game folder in your SD card only ,you use loadiine to run them , you can't play online tho and you can't run them from an external or an internal HDD , the other type is Wup files , you install those to your external storage media or to your Nand using a wup installer , they work like legit CIA's.

Last edited by Ghassen-ga,

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
there are two types of backups available , loadiine ready games and they goes inside your game folder inside your SD card only ,you use loadiine to run them , you can't play online tho and you can't run them from an external or an internal HDD , the other type is Wup files , you install those to your external storage media or to your Nand using a wup installer , they work like legit CIA's.
yes ok, thanks, i understand that part :) but i'm asking what is the sd card used for in the wii u - without any hacks or piracy.
i'm surprised that we can't install apps to the sd like we can with the wii. so, what else is the sd card for? only used in wii mode?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

but what is the sd card used for if we can't install (real, normal from eshop) games to it? just wii mode?

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
yes ok, thanks, i understand that part :) but i'm asking what is the sd card used for in the wii u - without any hacks or piracy.
i'm surprised that we can't install apps to the sd like we can with the wii. so, what else is the sd card for? only used in wii mode?
You're supposed to put the homebrews inside your SD card and launch them through the browser --> HBL , basically the kexploit can only access whatever Mii-maker could access , and it can only access the SD card , hence why loadiine couldn't gain access of the USB drive.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
You're supposed to put the homebrews inside your SD card and launch them through the browser --> HBL , basically the kexploit can only access whatever Mii-maker could access , and it can only access the SD card , hence why loadiine couldn't gain access of the USB drive.
no, i'm not talking about any hacks or homebrew.
i'm asking what is the sd card used for, in the wii u.

SD card is used to launch homebrew launcher, which is used to launch WUP Installer (to install games on WiiU or USB).
Nothing more.
so the sd card can ONLY be used for homebrew, nintendo doesn't use it for anything?

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
It could carry the games (for loadiine ), the homebrews , and the Wup backups that are ready to be installed via an installer .

Edit:I haven't tried but you can upload your snapshots to your SD card , i'm not sure about the saves though.

TheKroos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

so the sd card can ONLY be used for homebrew, nintendo doesn't use it for anything?
If you're talking about general use im pretty sure it's for the virtual wii

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
that's weird... i would have thought nintendo would have made more use of it, at least give us the ability to save games and stuff on there, just like we can with wii.
but ok, thanks for the answers everyone :)

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone managed to install NES Remix (EUR) ? I get a DLC related error...

NES Remix or NES Remix Pack?

Same here. Does anyone else have more info on NES Remix? There are two entries for it, which appear to be both for the first game, and no mention of the Pack version. Can this title be installed at all?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1