Hacking Wii U USB loading - install WiiU games to USB or internal memory

MSco

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes you are wrong . You can install your game how i say with the braz method without any savegame you install a fresh game and inject your save after install is done -launch the game(will create a new save) -and after that use saveiine to change it with your loadiinesave
Will I have to reinstall the game to usb, after injecting the savegame using saviine? Or can I simply copy/move the savegame from internal storage to usb, while the game keeps installed on usb?

loler55

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Will I have to reinstall the game to usb, after injecting the savegame using saviine? Or can I simply copy/move the savegame from internal storage to usb, while the game keeps installed on usb?
With wupinstaller y you can install it direct and easy to usb
Then use sav3iine....
But you can move it too via systemsettings but you tell my you have only the loadiinesave... and game .. pm me if you dont understand

Last edited by loler55,
Reactions: MSco

MSco

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
To be clear, I am still not sure about steps 3) and 4. Is it correct like the following?
Do I have to do 4) then 3)? Or is 4) not necessary?

1) install the game to usb (with wupinstaller y mod)
2) inject savegame (with saviine)
3) copy/move savegame to usb (with system settings)
4) install the game again? (with wupinstaller y mod)

apt4893

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To be clear, I am still not sure about steps 3) and 4. Is it correct like the following?
Do I have to do 4) then 3)? Or is 4) not necessary?

1) install the game to usb (with wupinstaller y mod)
2) inject savegame (with saviine)
3) copy/move savegame to usb (with system settings)
4) install the game again? (with wupinstaller y mod)

1) Copy savegame so it is on both your system and USB.
2) extract save with saviine (to backup to computer)
3) install the game to usb (with wupinstaller y mod)
4) Done.

Last edited by apt4893,

MSco

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
1) Copy savegame so it is on both your system and USB.
2) extract save with saviine (to backup to computer)
3) install the game to usb (with wupinstaller y mod)
4) Done.

I cannot do 1), if I dont have the savegame on system storage. I have it only on my sd.
So I would do the following:
1) install the game from sd to usb (wup-installer y mod)
2) inject loadiine save (saviine)

But is there to do more after that or is it done then?

Last edited by MSco,

apt4893

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I cannot do 1), if I dont have the savegame on system storage. I have it only on my sd.
So I would do the following:
1) install the game from sd to usb (wup-installer y mod)
2) inject loadiine save (saviine)

But is there to do more after that or is it done then?

No that's it. I had Paper Mario:CS on a loadiine save and did exactly that. I think to be safe, maybe play your game until the save spot then inject if you want to be sure it knows what it is saving over.

Reactions: MSco

Asterik1904

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
How old is the latest firmware version? Kinda surprised how simple and easy it is to access homebrew. Shouldn't have slept on the Wii U scene, this is some cool shit.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
How old is the latest firmware version? Kinda surprised how simple and easy it is to access homebrew. Shouldn't have slept on the Wii U scene, this is some cool shit.

They released 5.5.1 earlier this year, and all homebrew stuff is primarily focused on using 5.5.1, so you're at a pretty good spot in the Wii U's lifetime.

Reactions: Asterik1904

Lazyt

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
is it really risky to disable "DNS Haxes" and try to play online, how will i know my wiiu is going to update to newest (if possible) fw? /my condolences and apologies for bad english/

realg123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Quick question.
My friend bought a wii u. Is it possible to copy the games from my HDD to his HDD using the wii u copy function. Or do the games have to manually installed using wup installler?

apt4893

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Quick question.
My friend bought a wii u. Is it possible to copy the games from my HDD to his HDD using the wii u copy function. Or do the games have to manually installed using wup installler?

Actual eShop purchases? Or downloaded through like something like uTikDowloadHelper? If it's the latter then just install with wup. The former you can't unless you're doing a Wii U to Wii U transfer and you'll lose all on yours.

realg123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actual eShop purchases? Or downloaded through like something like uTikDowloadHelper? If it's the latter then just install with wup. The former you can't unless you're doing a Wii U to Wii U transfer and you'll lose all on yours.

Thanks for the quick response. It was the latter. Was hoping to copy to his HDD would have made it simple

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it really risky to disable "DNS Haxes" and try to play online, how will i know my wiiu is going to update to newest (if possible) fw? /my condolences and apologies for bad english/

you can play WITH DNS hax. DNS hax only prevents eshop access and updating. online play works just fine with DNS hax.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: I asked one of my fave translators