Hacking Wii U USB loading - install WiiU games to USB or internal memory

mitcha

مجاهد صنديد مقاتل عنيد
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
I have the same DNS server and also blocking nintendo adresses with my router. When I remove DNS server I can download from eshop and can update my games, but with DNS both dont work. I think, the DNS is blocking some more adresses. Btw: you dont have to use nnupatcher, it also works without it. :)
yes , i know for the dns blocking only (from what i read) firmware updating.
and if i disable it i could update firmware if nintendo release something , so it's normal access to everything if disabled.

i update with tubehax one lego game and its worked and when i do same with captain toad an error occured (connection error) , thats sound strange for me.

ps: i just updated yesterday from 5.3.2 to 5.5.1.

Last edited by mitcha,

stardaddler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That is by design. The DNS servers you are using are setup to block Nintendo's servers. NNUPatcher temporarily disbales the block until you reboot.
I dont think so. Even when I use nnupatcher, it gives an error when I try to download an update.

yes , i know for the dns blocking only (from what i read) firmware updating.
and if i disable it i could update firmware if nintendo release something , so it's normal access to everything if disabled.

i update with tubehax one lego game and its worked and when i do same with captain toad an error occured (connection error) , thats sound strange for me.
My router is also blocking the nintendo update adresses, and this is working fine, was a long time on 5.3.2 without DNS method. I think the game updates are on another server than the firmware updates. As I said: when I set DNS to automatic (and still have the router block settings) the games will update.

Last edited by stardaddler,
Reactions: mitcha

mitcha

مجاهد صنديد مقاتل عنيد
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
i used the "traditional" method to download updates with wupinstaller ,but now i update games with/without DNS even if nintendo release an update , i can go verify what updating on the download manager (i always go for game's update to check ) and if it's an update i hard reset the wiiu lol and it's happen one time to me, i know it's rude , but lazy to download/copy to sd and go back to wiiu install.

but now with the new wupinstaller we can add many folders games/updates , so the lazy argument is down now ;-)

Last edited by mitcha,

BIFFTAZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Is this dns blocking really affecting the installs?
No. Just online game updates. I dont see why people dont download the game update the same time they download the game (With nusgrabber or whatever) & install the games & update in 1 go with wupinstaller mod y instead of trying to disable they're dns after installing the game... All this can be avoided by installing the game & update in 1 go with wupinstaller mod y as it can install multiple folders all in 1 sitting...

Last edited by BIFFTAZ,
Reactions: HaloEffect17

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
No. Just online game updates. I dont see why people dont download the game update the same time they download the game (With nusgrabber or whatever) & install the games & update in 1 go with wupinstaller mod y instead of trying to disable they're dns after installing the game... All this can be avoided by installing the game & update in 1 go...
To be honest I don't know how and its easier with official updating

mitcha

مجاهد صنديد مقاتل عنيد
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
I dont see why people dont download the game update the same time they download the game (With nusgrabber or whatever) & install the games & update in 1 go with wupinstaller mod y instead of trying to disable they're dns after installing the game... All this can be avoided by installing the game & update in 1 go...
wupinstaller since : few days ago
games installed : more than few days ago

BIFFTAZ

Trophies
XP
Country
To be honest I don't know how and its easier with official updating
Download the game & update on PC, Copy the game & update to install/game1 & install/game1update & installing both game & update in 1 go with wupinstaller mod y by pressing + then X. Atleast this way, You'll never be caught by nintendo with ya pants down...

Last edited by BIFFTAZ,
Reactions: fatsquirrel

mitcha

مجاهد صنديد مقاتل عنيد
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
No. Just online game updates. I dont see why people dont download the game update the same time they download the game (With nusgrabber or whatever) & install the games & update in 1 go with wupinstaller mod y instead of trying to disable they're dns after installing the game... All this can be avoided by installing the game & update in 1 go with wupinstaller mod y as it can install multiple folders all in 1 sitting...
but now with the new wupinstaller we can add many folders games/updates , so the lazy argument is down now ;-)

Reactions: BIFFTAZ

Jhnsn

*Flat is Justice*
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm still on 5.3.2, is it best to update first to use this method or should I stick with 5.3.2? I guess some of the newer games will contain update partitions?
You can update to 5.5.1 with system update or Paper Mario Color Splash. It's safe, a lot of homebrew only works with 5.5.1.

Exavold

eeh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So I got EUR Paper Mario Color Splash from NUS but I'm not sure about the size of the game , I got a 6.55gb folder , is the size correct ?

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if this method can be used to install Wii VC games? They are on the NUS and we can get the tickets for them. I tried installing SMG2 with the WUPInstaller Y Mod, but it says the ticket is wrong.

Groomery

Trophies
Website
g.imagehost.org
XP
Country
I have downloaded Captain toad with JNUSTool and pasted the files to SD/Install and put the title key thru ticketmodifier and renamed it to ticket.tk and pasted that in SD/Install aswell. when i shall install the game i get install error code 0xFFFBF440
what im doing wrong?

Cyanopsis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have downloaded Captain toad with JNUSTool and pasted the files to SD/Install and put the title key thru ticketmodifier and renamed it to ticket.tk and pasted that in SD/Install aswell. when i shall install the game i get install error code 0xFFFBF440
what im doing wrong?

TITLE.TIK not ticket.tk

Anyhow.. I am having a blast with https://github.com/DanTheMan827/uTikDownloadHelper

Very much recommended!

Last edited by Cyanopsis,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...