Wii U Update 4.0 Out

Obveron

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The new eshop music is great, also the browser is much better (scores 308+4 point on html5test, making it the best video game console web browser as of now).

I'd still prefer if the web browser accepted the wiimote as an input. Just like the Wii browser only HD. If I wanted to navigate the web using the tablet, I'd use a tablet.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
That Wii games on your Gamepad, sickkkk. Impressive feature to say the least, and it's definitely a selling point.
Let's hope they keep supporting the firmwares on the 3DS and Wii U, they really need to step their firmwares up a notch.

shadowgauge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know what's funny,ppl are complaining about using their wiimotes and nunchucks,but they would go out and buy controllers for their tablets or smart phones to play crappy games go figure lol ppl are never satisfied when Nintendo does something different but if Sony or Microsoft do it ,it's innovative,remote play or smart glass,both not capable of doing what the Wiiu does at a cheaper price my only gripe with the game pad is the distance but I live in a small place so I can play anywhere but outside also if you don't own a stand buy one they do sell them I was lucky to get mine with the deluxe Wiiu.I'm sure most of you have a modded Wiiu so this update is an awesome blessing for you having your whole Wii,virtual console,emulators, homebrew on the game pad in another room without having to get up to switch the game lol ungrateful gamers your all spoiled and its sad that you hate on a company like Nintendo when they don't have to give you things you weren't expecting stop being selfish and support Nintendo the last of the gaming Mohicans cause the future of gaming is not looking good, buying unfinished games is not a gaming future I want to be part of but i am which is sad, trust me you don't want Nintendo to go out like Sega that would be a gaming Apocalypse and only the true gamers know what I mean, in this world of fps and violent games Nintendo would be trully missed be grateful that's the message here I'm sure Nintendo is grateful to have you as a customer even if you do play their merchandise for free! Ty for your time......

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know what's funny,ppl are complaining about using their wiimotes and nunchucks,but they would go out and buy controllers for their tablets or smart phones to play crappy games go figure lol ppl are never satisfied when Nintendo does something different but if Sony or Microsoft do it ,it's innovative,remote play or smart glass,both not capable of doing what the Wiiu does at a cheaper price my only gripe with the game pad is the distance but I live in a small place so I can play anywhere but outside also if you don't own a stand buy one they do sell them I was lucky to get mine with the deluxe Wiiu.I'm sure most of you have a modded Wiiu so this update is an awesome blessing for you having your whole Wii,virtual console,emulators, homebrew on the game pad in another room without having to get up to switch the game lol ungrateful gamers your all spoiled and its sad that you hate on a company like Nintendo when they don't have to give you things you weren't expecting stop being selfish and support Nintendo the last of the gaming Mohicans cause the futuer of gaming is not looking good, buying unfinished games is not a gaming future I want to be part of but i am which is sad, trust me you don't want Nintendo to go out like Sega that would be a gaming Apocalypse and only the true gamers know what I mean, in this world of fps and violent games Nintendo would be trully missed be greatful that's the message here I'm sure Nintendo is greatful to have you as a customer even if you do play their merchandise for free! Try for your time......

I'm not complaining, Wiimotes work fine, HBC works fine, everything works as it should, on a gamepad which, was something marcan deemed impossible only to have it debunked. A pleasant surprise from Nintendo, and something no one expected would be possible in vWii mode. I for one am very grateful :P

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know what's funny,ppl are complaining about using their wiimotes and nunchucks,but they would go out and buy controllers for their tablets or smart phones to play crappy games go figure lol ppl are never satisfied when Nintendo does something different but if Sony or Microsoft do it ,it's innovative,remote play or smart glass,both not capable of doing what the Wiiu does at a cheaper price my only gripe with the game pad is the distance but I live in a small place so I can play anywhere but outside also if you don't own a stand buy one they do sell them I was lucky to get mine with the deluxe Wiiu.I'm sure most of you have a modded Wiiu so this update is an awesome blessing for you having your whole Wii,virtual console,emulators, homebrew on the game pad in another room without having to get up to switch the game lol ungrateful gamers your all spoiled and its sad that you hate on a company like Nintendo when they don't have to give you things you weren't expecting stop being selfish and support Nintendo the last of the gaming Mohicans cause the futuer of gaming is not looking good, buying unfinished games is not a gaming future I want to be part of but i am which is sad, trust me you don't want Nintendo to go out like Sega that would be a gaming Apocalypse and only the true gamers know what I mean, in this world of fps and violent games Nintendo would be trully missed be greatful that's the message here I'm sure Nintendo is greatful to have you as a customer even if you do play their merchandise for free! Try for your time......

fSrf6cm.png

Riiiight. Don't forget to breath, skipper.

Reactions: the_randomizer

THA-REAPER

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think for quick booting into Wii mode by holding B...A small test via HDMI cable is required. The HDMI cable must be hooked up to your TV and Wii U and the tv must be powered. Haven't tried with AV...

But can anyone confirm that? Try doing it with without an HDMI cable...

You don't need a sensor bar at all though for the quick Wii mode boot, I've tested several times without it plugged in. You'll need it if your on the Wii U menu though.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think for quick booting into Wii mode by holding B...A small test via HDMI cable is required. The HDMI cable must be hooked up to your TV and Wii U and the tv must be powered. Haven't tried with AV...

You don't need a sensor bar at all though for the quick Wii mode boot, I've tested several times without it plugged in. You'll need it if your on the Wii U menu though.

Using component, don't need HDMI as far as I can tell, the TV was on both times, haven't tried it with the TV off yet though. Why the crap does the TV need to be on? That part doesn't make sense to me.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

When I quick booted it made me confirm I was going to wii mode on the TV. Seems silly, why would Nintendo care whether or not you have a TV connected to the console. I tried and failed to blindly confirm with out putting the TV output on the screen.

RedCoreZero

Creativity is Power
Banned
Trophies
Website
Google.com
XP
Country
United States
WiiU_screenshot_GamePad_012DC.jpg
I'm using it right now.
Wow it got improvements!

The Wii mode for gamepad has this screen problem because it shrunk to fit the screen
Nintendo actually cares for the browser too not that anybody would care to actually use it much.

THA-REAPER

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was getting a prompt that said Cancel or Try Again when I tried quick booting with the TV off...but when I turned it on and hit Try Again it continues to the Wii mode boot logo. You can turn your TV off as soon as you get past that.

Idk I'm figuring it detects the signal for your video format and resolution...and if it gets nothing back than that prompt I mentioned earlier comes up...I'm still grateful for the update regardless though.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was getting a prompt that said Cancel or Try Again when I tried quick booting with the TV off...but when I turned it on and hit Try Again it continues to the Wii mode boot logo. You can turn your TV off as soon as you get past that.

Idk I'm figuring it detects the signal for your video format and resolution...and if it gets nothing back than that prompt I mentioned earlier comes up...I'm still grateful for the update regardless though.

It's a pain, but it is what is I guess. You can actually "feel" the confirm button if the Wii U isn't on the right input (the controller vibrates when it hovers over the button), and press A.

THA-REAPER

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a pain, but it is what is I guess. You can actually "feel" the confirm button if the Wii U isn't on the right input (the controller vibrates when it hovers over the button), and press A.

Yeah I really wanted to make sure of that because my Wii U never stays in one spot. I go house to house with it...

Everyone who has homebrew with a bunch of wiimotes and nunchucks, hdd, pad, cradle, pro controller, classic controller, power brick, sensor bar, charger, games, usb wires, video wires....not to mention if you have the older GC/Wii combo with controllers...its quite a bit...I've been trying to get some of that stuff out of the mix if possible.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So you turned the TV on and hit try again on the gamepad and it worked? I didn't try that.......I figured it was just necessary to make the selection on the TV.......

THA-REAPER

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you turned the TV on and hit try again on the gamepad and it worked? I didn't try that.......I figured it was just necessary to make the selection on the TV.......

Yes that's exactly what I did. The funny thing about it though was I was still able to move with the directional pads and highlight stuff with the Wiimote with the TV off so I guess one of the sensors picked it up..and mind you I didn't have the sensor plugged in. It wouldn't let me get past that screen by hitting try again, but when I turned the TV on and hit try again it let me get past it and continued the boot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu