XP
Country
United States

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else notice that the USB ports changed? It used to not matter which port I plugged my hdd into for vwii. I always plugged it into the front left port. Now it has to be plugged into the top back one.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I think it is kind of silly I can quick boot wii mode by holding B but it forces me to make a menu selection on the TV in order to function.

So if I want to play wii in off tv mode I have to ask to switch the TV input or else blindly pont the wiimote at the screen and hope I get lucky.

Even having to use a controller this a very cool feature for people like me who have the Wii U hooked up to main TV in the living room that is shared among the family. Don't get me wrong, supporting the gamepad controls as at least a classic controller would make it tons better but this is still a great feature. I have not hacked my vWii yet but this is really making me want to.

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG awesome update!!!

• Users can choose to output to the TV and GamePad, or just the TV

That's awesome!!! If Nintendo can make the Wii U Gamepad a 'Wiimote emulator' then the Wii U Gamepad is pretty much compatible with vWii :wtf: :D

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I think it is kind of silly I can quick boot wii mode by holding B but it forces me to make a menu selection on the TV in order to function.

So if I want to play wii in off tv mode I have to ask to switch the TV input or else blindly pont the wiimote at the screen and hope I get lucky.

Even having to use a controller this a very cool feature for people like me who have the Wii U hooked up to main TV in the living room that is shared among the family. Don't get me wrong, supporting the gamepad controls as at least a classic controller would make it tons better but this is still a great feature. I have not hacked my vWii yet but this is really making me want to.

It's easy to point it to the right choice, when the cursor is on the "Yes" button, you can feel the controller vibrate a bit, then you press A

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Oh wow this is a great update. They claimed Wii Mode gamepad support was impossible due to hardware, looks like they ate their own words in the end.
I had to double check to make sure it wasn't April 1st, this update just sounds too good to be true.
Every single new feature added is something that was requested by a lot of users. It seems Nintendo do listen to those requests :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu