Wii U Transfer question (Oh no, another one)

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by oBluEx, Jan 1, 2013.

1. oBluEx
    OP

oBluEx Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2013
    United States
    Sylvania, Ohio
    I've looked through most of the topics but I have not seen a clear answer.

I have the letterbomb exploit on my Wii 4.3U. I followed the tutorial fully, I've made a NAND backup and I have not installed any additional WADS, Channels, etc after the tutorial. Everything works fine on the Wii and I couldn't be happier I have two questions.

If I do a Wii to Wii U transfer will I still be able to run GC/Wii backups fine? I've heard some things just stop working, like the VC games on your Wii. I'm not worried about that.

I just want to know if I transfer my Letterbomb'd Wii saved game information and VC games, will any homebrew apps stop working?

2. Psionic Roshambo

Psionic Roshambo GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 12, 2011
    United States
    Only legit stuff will transfer, but you can rehack the Wii-U's Wii mode... Letterbomb does not work you need to buy a Wii game and use an exploit.

Then you have to do a lot of things very carefully or you will brick your Wii-U's Wii mode. The files you need to install are different than the ones for the Wii.

I honestly would recommend you wait a bit and read everything over 2 or 3 times to make sure you understand everything top to bottom.

Start with this forum section. I fully recommend you read at least the top 5 threads completely from start to finish. (and yes the question you asked is answered in there.)

http://gbatemp.net/forums/wii-u-hacking-homebrew.248/

3. oBluEx
    OP

oBluEx Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2013
    United States
    Sylvania, Ohio
    That's it though! I just wanted to make sure my Original Wii wouldn't screw up while my VC games were being transferred over.

Anyways, what is the Transfer program called? I can't find it under Wii U anywhere. And if I have to get it on my Wii, that means I have to update? So should I just wipe my Wii Clean?

4. oBluEx
    OP

oBluEx Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2013
    United States
    Sylvania, Ohio
    Well I installed both V21 of the Shop Channel and IOS 56. I can now open the Shop Channel on my Wii. Downloading the Transfer Tool now. I still can't find it on the Wii U.

5. Psionic Roshambo

Psionic Roshambo GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 12, 2011
    United States
    You have to download it on the Wii-U as well from the Wii-U's shop I think.

Not too sure about that as I haven't really bothered transferring my stuff from my Wii's to my Wii-U's.

6. DQScott95

DQScott95 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 4, 2009
    United States
    Can I transfer the Wiiware from my old hacked Wii that I installed via WADS to my WiiU? Or is there a possibility of it messing up my wiiU

All of my WiiWare is stored on my SD card, if that makes a difference