Wii U Transfer question (Oh no, another one)

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by oBluEx, Jan 1, 2013.

Jan 1, 2013
    • Newcomer

oBluEx New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I've looked through most of the topics but I have not seen a clear answer.

I have the letterbomb exploit on my Wii 4.3U. I followed the tutorial fully, I've made a NAND backup and I have not installed any additional WADS, Channels, etc after the tutorial. Everything works fine on the Wii and I couldn't be happier I have two questions.

If I do a Wii to Wii U transfer will I still be able to run GC/Wii backups fine? I've heard some things just stop working, like the VC games on your Wii. I'm not worried about that.

I just want to know if I transfer my Letterbomb'd Wii saved game information and VC games, will any homebrew apps stop working?

Psionic Roshambo New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Only legit stuff will transfer, but you can rehack the Wii-U's Wii mode... Letterbomb does not work you need to buy a Wii game and use an exploit.

Then you have to do a lot of things very carefully or you will brick your Wii-U's Wii mode. The files you need to install are different than the ones for the Wii.

I honestly would recommend you wait a bit and read everything over 2 or 3 times to make sure you understand everything top to bottom.

Start with this forum section. I fully recommend you read at least the top 5 threads completely from start to finish. (and yes the question you asked is answered in there.)

http://gbatemp.net/forums/wii-u-hacking-homebrew.248/
    • Newcomer

oBluEx New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    That's it though! I just wanted to make sure my Original Wii wouldn't screw up while my VC games were being transferred over.

Anyways, what is the Transfer program called? I can't find it under Wii U anywhere. And if I have to get it on my Wii, that means I have to update? So should I just wipe my Wii Clean?
    • Newcomer

oBluEx New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Well I installed both V21 of the Shop Channel and IOS 56. I can now open the Shop Channel on my Wii. Downloading the Transfer Tool now. I still can't find it on the Wii U.

Psionic Roshambo New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    You have to download it on the Wii-U as well from the Wii-U's shop I think.

Not too sure about that as I haven't really bothered transferring my stuff from my Wii's to my Wii-U's.

DQScott95 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Can I transfer the Wiiware from my old hacked Wii that I installed via WADS to my WiiU? Or is there a possibility of it messing up my wiiU

All of my WiiWare is stored on my SD card, if that makes a difference

SPONSORED LINKS