Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, because someone else hacked the Wii, wrote a free SDK and made a flash cart/emulator for you.
And when I write programs for Windows/Linux it's because somebody created the OS, language, and interpreter/compiler for me.

I see that you apparently don't get the ideology of homebrew, which is kind of sad.
I see that you don't understand that your views do not override everybody else's, which is kind of sad.

Who are YOU to say what people should and should not be able to do with their own damned creations?
If the guy wants to write homebrew with DRM, he can damn well do it.

Time to put an end to this.

Homebrew is software made by a consumer targeting a proprietary system (generally without licensing by the console manufacturer).
Homebrew for consoles is a subset of homemade software in general, which is a subset of software, which is a subset of intellectual property/creations.

The idea of restricting what end users can do with the product applies to all of it. I have just enough right to tell people they can't copy and re-sell Useless Homebrew as Adobe does Photoshop CS5.

The entire patent and copyright systems of most countries (flawed as they can be) are built on this concept.

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Homebrew for consoles is a subset of homemade software in general, which is a subset of software, which is a subset of intellectual property/creations.

The idea of restricting what end users can do with the product applies to all of it. I have just enough right to tell people they can't copy and re-sell Useless Homebrew as Adobe does Photoshop CS5.

The entire patent and copyright systems of most countries (flawed as they can be) are built on this concept.

I never said homebrew wasn't protected IP, I just said it generally isn't licensed by the console manufacturer. You can easily have it protected under a general public license, I never said that was excluded and I encourage people to follow those licensing agreements

S

SixSenseEagle

Just Wondering if i install this on a wii u when this (wii on wii u mode) comes out and install darkcorps on the wii mode will it also be able to play burned dvd games on the wii u? Is it Possible?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: (i was allowed to do that)