Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Same here....it's doing nothing..
Is it updating after the sm update?
Could the amount of games installed have anything to do with it?
EDIT: Nvm, seems YOU NEED TO HAVE automatic downloading of software enabled.
I had standby enabled but that does not sem to be enough.

The system is definetly updating as I can see my USB drive flasing with the system Off.
WORKS!
I like it.
Also like the fact that battery levels are shown for th Wiimotes ( in the Wiiu homemenu ), and the opton to remember passwords on Nintendo ID's
Hate that Netflix and wiiu sports are automaticley pushed to be downloaded.

I have literally everything turned on and its still go the error on the game pad.... "quick start is not ready yet"...

I have this set up:

Internet: auto SW updates = enabled
Power settings: auto powerdown = enabled, standby func = enabled,
quick start settings: enable = enabled, recieve notif = enabled, disp notif = enabled, provide alerts = enabled.

Any ideas? What is your exact set up?

Thanks in advance.

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Other people have had this issue too and it's the way the Wii U handles HDMI with vWii. Wii U games work just fine but when the Wii U switches over to vWii it's not properly detecting everything. It's easily fixable of course but it doesn't look like Nintendo will do anything about it. The PS3 and the 360 work just fine regardless if they're full/limited but they also have better HDMI support something the Wii U does not.

Seriously the Wii U has 1 option, resolution, that's it. Wii U works just fine on my receiver but vWii doesn't.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
so much for not updating the sob tried to help itself while i was playing mario kart even though standby is OFF! but when it said click ok to update i just turned the power off :P

Reactions: KiiWii

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nintendo got us with the auto update shizz.... and now the "quick launch" crap also requires you to be easily and unstoppably updatable.....

EDIT: also my quick launch is now working.... 4 hrs after I updated???!

Reactions: Hielkenator

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nintendo got us with the auto update shizz.... and now the "quick launch" crap also requires you to be easily and unstoppably updatable.....

EDIT: also my quick launch is now working.... 4 hrs after I updated???!
If you have a lot of stuff on it, maybe it had to analyze everything on the WiiU first? Sort of like Windows search indexing? While it's odd that it would take so long, at least it works now.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you have a lot of stuff on it, maybe it had to analyze everything on the WiiU first? Sort of like Windows search indexing? While it's odd that it would take so long, at least it works now.

I only have wii sports club (demo) on the Wii U (8gb) and Wii Fit U on a 16gb thumb drive...... strange..

Been playing Mario Kart 8 since 9:30 this morning, after I updated... no idea why it would take so long... and with 5.0.0 any known exploit is patched so far :(

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does this update touch the vWii mode at all? my sd card doesnt work and im tempted to update to see if this resolves it but id hate to lose out on potential homebrew.

what's the real info on the browser exploit? is it even going to possibly open homebrew access?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto