Hacking Homebrew Just want to get the message out to all Wii U owners!

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
say hello to a cluster fuck of cheaters.

Cheating is only good when you're doing it on your own in a solo game. Multiplayer or online sucks and it'll be sad to see that Pretendo might be adding this again.. Hopefully not.
Post automatically merged:

Its extremely toxic and there's tons of drama everywhere.

Wait, really? I never thought about that more. Have you've been influenced by these issues before?

Reactions: SylverReZ

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States

Pretendo, even? How are they bad? I don't interact with Nintendo Communities other than a Terraria Mod focused on Metroid, but---------

Eh, it's expectable. Look at Nintendo fanboys nowadays.
Post automatically merged:

The intentions are pure, you're just hating on the drama that the community have brought to it. It's like hating Rick and Morty because much of the fanbase is intolerable despite the fact that the content of the show itself is (for the most part) great. Your hate here is misplaced is my point.

Nintendo and their fanbases might not be great, but their games until the Switch have been great. The only one that doesn't count on this list is Metroid Dread, the Kirby games, and Mario.

Last edited by DragonMals,

zithington

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
While you're free to do whatever in private/friends rooms, we do console-ban people who hack in public matches with the intent of wrecking it for everyone else. This is actually stronger protection than the old NN bans, usually they would only account ban or serial ban; both pretty easy to bypass.
But consider that Pretendo is usable from inside CEMU, how does console-banning a cheater work in that situation? They can just clear the unique identifiers of their instance of Cemu, so it looks "new", make a new Pretendo account, and be back at their griefing business in no time at all - right?

NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
The intentions are pure, you're just hating on the drama that the community have brought to it. It's like hating Rick and Morty because much of the fanbase is intolerable despite the fact that the content of the show itself is (for the most part) great. Your hate here is misplaced is my point.
I mean... in this context it's relevant because it's an online service where you interact with other people online, especially when you consider that they have their own Miiverse, which is a social platform.

Reactions: DragonMals

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean... in this context it's relevant because it's an online service where you interact with other people online, especially when you consider that they have their own Miiverse, which is a social platform.
You have such such backwards logic. Fuck the product because the audience that latched on to it sucks?! Sorry, you're wrong with that nonsense.

The reality is: fuck the audience for ruining a potentially great service for the fans.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
In a few years probably the online living hell Nintendo has created on Wii U and 3DS will be shut down. If you want to keep playing online and bring Miiverse and Wii U chat and online gameplay back you should mod your console and check out Pretendo. Pretendo is an open source Nintendo Network replacement that aims to build custom servers for the Wii U and 3DS family of consoles. Their goal is to preserve the online functionality of these consoles, to allow players to continue to play their favorite Wii U and 3DS games to their fullest capacity.

Check out the website @:Pretendo.network

the online features are already scheduled to take down.

NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
You have such such backwards logic. Fuck the product because the audience that latched on to it sucks?! Sorry, you're wrong with that nonsense.

The reality is: fuck the audience for ruining a potentially great service for the fans.
That is not what I said at all, I agreed with her comment by saying that the community being toxic is totally relevant in this context. Also, even if I said that I don't see how that would be backwards logic, it is a community driven service, without people interacting with each other it would have no purpose.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is not what I said at all, I agreed with her comment by saying that the community being toxic is totally relevant in this context. Also, even if I said that I don't see how that would be backwards logic, it is a community driven service, without people interacting with each other it would have no purpose.
The person you're supporting said, and I quote: that Pretendo and Riiconnect 24 are "extremely toxic and there's tons of drama everywhere."

It's so stupid, your anger is misplaced, if you don't like the community, then try and get them to be more reasonable; don't shit-talk the services in question that only mean well.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

Stan4d

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While you're free to do whatever in private/friends rooms, we do console-ban people who hack in public matches with the intent of wrecking it for everyone else. This is actually stronger protection than the old NN bans, usually they would only account ban or serial ban; both pretty easy to bypass.
........... i didnt know that....

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This thread right is exactly why these fan made server replacements will never work. Sooner or later it will devolve into an even bigger toxicity shithole than the OG Miiverse was combined with Mario Kart Wii cheating issues all over again.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This thread right is exactly why these fan made server replacements will never work. Sooner or later it will devolve into an even bigger toxicity shithole than the OG Miiverse was combined with Mario Kart Wii cheating issues all over again.
I agree with your point.

Stan4d

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The person you're supporting said, and I wrote: that Pretendo and Riiconnect 24 are "extremely toxic and there's tons of drama everywhere."

It's so stupid, your anger is misplaced, if you don't like the community, then try and get them to be more reasonable; don't shit-talk the services in question that only mean well.
We need a lot more people like this on my thread

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
But consider that Pretendo is usable from inside CEMU, how does console-banning a cheater work in that situation? They can just clear the unique identifiers of their instance of Cemu, so it looks "new", make a new Pretendo account, and be back at their griefing business in no time at all - right?
Indeed, during the time Nintendo's MK8/Splatoon were offline many griefers were doing exactly this. It's unfortunate, but until we come up with a better anticheat we are requiring Cemu users to use Nintendo-provided certs dumped from a console - we can verify their authenticity on the server side. You can share certs between several users (though ofc if that cert gets banned, everyone is affected) so it's not a complete wash, but we're still not too happy about it. I believe Wiimfi is now doing the same thing, requiring you to import a Wii's NAND into Dolphin.

Our hand was forced, really, since at that time there might have only been 2-3 lobbies total at certain times of day, so cheating had a very significant impact on one's ability to enjoy the game online.

Yubelcity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well what about for pokemon? i know the games already have a built in legality check feature when attempting to battle/trade online with a friend or rando, but around 2018 and prior, you used to get banned for having mods,cheats,etc. on even if it was just a model swap that didn't affect the core gameplay whatsoever, so although you could apply this to every game, i guess the bigger question is what exactly will happen if we were to have a mod on that didn't affect the gameplay?

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
That's super helpful to anyone really new here ...but 99.99% of members here are well aware of the benefits of a hacked Wii U (and 3DS), and at this point I'm fairly certain that most members of this site that own a Wii U (and/or 3DS) already have it running CFW.
I was around a lot during the Wii and DS/DSi days but kinda fell off during the 3DS/WiiU era. 3DS and WiiU modding are so complex and everything still seems to move so fast that I haven't been able to get into it. A lot of guides are for single pieces or way overkill. Any suggestions on how to approach them?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...