Hacking Wii U System Update 5.0 released

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So... update to 5.0 is fine for now? Does 5.0 needed for EShop? Want to buy Mario Kart 8 Bundle. I think they come with 4.0X. So I want to download the game.

On 4.X I can block System Update right? Only on 5.0+ it will auto download? (Which is quite bad)

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
So... update to 5.0 is fine for now? Does 5.0 needed for EShop? Want to buy Mario Kart 8 Bundle. I think they come with 4.0X. So I want to download the game.

On 4.X I can block System Update right? Only on 5.0+ it will auto download? (Which is quite bad)

You can use your vWii exploits on 5.0
All system updates you can easily cancel, just press the power button on the Wii U when finished updating, DO NOT PRESS OK ON THE GAMEPAD.
Eshop use the latest.

Ninotramp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
twilight wont work on vwii
http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/WiiMode
usually the lego games are the cheapest, but brawl is worth the money :P
and I think, you will have to get a 2gb sd card, I don't think there is one, that works with a sdhc card... usually, at least around here, you can still get them at any tech store for a buck or two

From a small town and only 4gb is available

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
you CAN use a 4gb card, however it has to be a SD card, not SDHC, guides always mention 2gb, because there is no such thing as a 2gb SDHC card, so you cant make a mistake here.... so try looking again, in case you are not sure, ask the store clerk, I am sure, you can find a 4GB SD Card, that is not SDHC or maybe order one from whatever is best in your country, I usually use amazon for about everything ^^

Ninotramp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you CAN use a 4gb card, however it has to be a SD card, not SDHC, guides always mention 2gb, because there is no such thing as a 2gb SDHC card, so you cant make a mistake here.... so try looking again, in case you are not sure, ask the store clerk, I am sure, you can find a 4GB SD Card, that is not SDHC or maybe order one from whatever is best in your country, I usually use amazon for about everything ^^

Lol! Thanks bought a 8gb with an adapter.

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Is it necessary to rip the plug out though? I just shutdown from the gamepad when the "preparing to update" message appears, then after reboot it's gone for a few days or so.

If that works out, then have at it! You're one step ahead of me, I assumed ripping the plug out was the only way to stop it once it was running. I was given the impression that the shut down function was disabled when it was going to update.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If that works out, then have at it! You're one step ahead of me, I assumed ripping the plug out was the only way to stop it once it was running. I was given the impression that the shut down function was disabled when it was going to update.
you can let it prepare when it says preparing update it's actually downloading it to your console. after that it will say push ok to update and that it will install it. than you can simply push the power button and it won't nag you to download again. just don't use the browser from there on or it will update!

Reactions: SnugglesDr

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can let it prepare when it says preparing update it's actually downloading it to your console. after that it will say push ok to update and that it will install it. than you can simply push the power button and it won't nag you to download again.
just don't use the browser from there on or it will update!

So out of curiosity:
Hypothetically, How would one go about using a browser exploit if one can not use the browser to exploit it?

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So out of curiosity:
Hypothetically, How would one go about using a browser exploit if one can not use the browser to exploit it?

You CAN use the browser still, not sure if he just made a typo. Once you bypass the update nag (by shutting the console off and rebooting it) it should load up fine without the update bs. Although the update garbage will come up at random intervals (when booting the console, but usually its fine once the console is already fired up). The browser works perfectly without the 5.0.0 update and so does the Browser exploit ;). The 5.0.0 version of the exploit is currently being developed :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality