OriginalHamster

UStealthy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Error code: 150-3230
I have stored all my games and saves on a 32gb pendrive, yesterday the last thing I did was playing Batman Origins, now I power on the console and there's no games, no saves no game updates, nothing. I had around 100 hours of gameplay saves, really disheartening. The console still detects the pendrive as a Wii U formated device, but can't open it, when I go to system settings a screen displaying the error code appears error code 150-3230.

There's is not info in Nintendo supportt page about this error.

I read that the damn Batman delete saves, but it went overboard and delete (or corrupted) the whole device.
I'm from Chile so no way I can contact Nintendo, much less, send my system to them.

Not sure if I would perform a disk check on PC trying to find bad sectors or something, probably at lost because we don't know Wii U storage file structure ;(

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Damn, that sucks you've got all your data corrupted but Nintendo did say for people to not use USB sticks.

Because these devices have a limited number of rewrites and are not suited to long-term storage of important game data, we do not recommend the use of Flash/thumb drives as an external storage device solution. For best results, we recommend using a hard drive with its own power supply that connects to the Wii U via the USB port on the console.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/la...general_info&submenu=wup-external-usb-storage

I've got the 32GB Wii U and still have 20GB-ish free (mostly because I don't download anything nor am I allowed to install the game data on the storage of Wii U unfortunately) otherwise it'd be full and I'd use one of my 80GB/160GBs HDDs.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Damn, that sucks you've got all your data corrupted but Nintendo did say for people to not use USB sticks.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/la...general_info&submenu=wup-external-usb-storage

I've got the 32GB Wii U and still have 20GB-ish free (mostly because I don't download anything nor am I allowed to install the game data on the storage of Wii U unfortunately) otherwise it'd be full and I'd use one of my 80GB/160GBs HDDs.
They recommend it for different reasons. Unless the WiiU does a SHITTON of writes to the USB media for some reason it shouldn't matter that much.

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My guess is the drive file system is damaged. file table whipped perhaps. This is why i backup my saves on small usb flash drives. Nintendo should do a cloud storage for saves.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.