Hacking Wii U purchasing advice?

Marter714

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I'm planning on finally getting a Wii U next week and would like to know what to look for before buying one in regards of hacking/modding it. Do I need to buy a new one to get a certain FW like the PS Vita or can I try to save some cash and buy a pre owned one?
I know there's a few games that localized in NA with censors like Tokyo Mirage and Xenoblade Chronicles X and would like to play them uncensored .
Sorry if I posted this in the wrong area. If someone can move it to the appropriate place I'd very much appreciate it ^.^

baselhamad

"F*CK israel", Free Free Palestine #فلسطيني_وأفتخر
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you got a wii u with firmware version 5.5.1 you're safe to do whatever you want, BUT if you got a lower version, you must update, but the update is now 5.6.0 (i think) so you need to get a game with firmware version 5.5.1

Reactions: Marter714

Marter714

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why wii u? wait for nintendo switch for just couple months, save your money
I have money saved up for the Switch already, but I've been wanting a Wii U for a while now and I'll have extra cash next week to buy one.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks guys!
Any easy to follow tutorials for emulation and hacking?

Reactions: baselhamad

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I have money saved up for the Switch already, but I've been wanting a Wii U for a while now and I'll have extra cash next week to buy one.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks guys!
Any easy to follow tutorials for emulation and hacking?
Some useful threads:
Hope you enjoy your new Wii U :)

Reactions: Marter714

icw35

Trophies
XP
Country
why wii u? wait for nintendo switch for just couple months, save your money

Thats dumb advice, unless you think they are going to release the switch prehacked and ready for homebrew?

if you got a wii u with firmware version 5.5.1 you're safe to do whatever you want, BUT if you got a lower version, you must update, but the update is now 5.6.0 (i think) so you need to get a game with firmware version 5.5.1

More bs. Where did you make this up from?

Sometimes, if you dont know what you are talking about, its best to say nothing.

Graham182

Trophies
XP
Country
Unless you can pick one up cheap, I wouldn't bother to be honest. I bought an 8gb brand new, and feel ripped off, even having hacked it (Primarily over the whole Zelda thing, no wii u exclusive, and 2 games mainly that I enjoyed were wind waker and twilight princess, which I had played already on Gamecube and Wii :P )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, only @BakerMan is as young as me