Can I have 2 versions of USA Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water installed at once?

PhilTheStampede

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fatal Frame 2 Remake was censored on Wii, but I wanted to have the censored costumed because they were creative Nintendo replacements, so I changed the game ID for the uncensored version and was able to install both the censored and uncensored versions on my Wii.

I would like to do the same with Fatal Frame 5, and perhaps Tokyo Mirage, but I don't know how to change anything with the different format.

Can anyone come up with any idea on how I can accomplish this?

PhilTheStampede

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use the USA release for one and the EUR release for the other. :)
Good idea. Thanks, dude. lol I didn't even think of that. I assumed the EUR release would have MORE censorship, but I think they are the same.
Post automatically merged:

Use the USA release for one and the EUR release for the other. :)
WiiUDownloader only has the "trial version" of the EUR version. lol back to square 1.

PhilTheStampede

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's how it should be. Dl the 6.2 gb trial then the rest of the game 8gb is under DLC section. The whole game is 15gb in size.
Okay. It wasn't clear since the US version doesn't say "trial". Thank you for clarifying.

After looking it up, apparently the game was released as a demo, and then you could buy the whole game as DLC. Very weird. Makes sense now, though. Probably because...it was an eShop title internationally, I guess? idk

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's not clear to me if you're talking about Wii or Wii U games. For Wii U: Either use another region or, if that's for whatever reason not feasible, download the encrypted content with Wii U Downloader, use CDecrypt to decrypt that, change the title ID in the title.tmd and title.tik files, repack with NUSPacker. The result will need a CFW (sigpatches) to run though.

Wii probably has a similar method to re-pack content while changing the title ID but I'm a Wii U hacker, not a Wii one, so can't help you with that.

//EDIT: Also DLC and Updates won't work anymore in case you change the title ID, so you will have to change their title IDs to match again, too.

PhilTheStampede

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not clear to me if you're talking about Wii or Wii U games. For Wii U: Either use another region or, if that's for whatever reason not feasible, download the encrypted content with Wii U Downloader, use CDecrypt to decrypt that, change the title ID in the title.tmd and title.tik files, repack with NUSPacker. The result will need a CFW (sigpatches) to run though.

Wii probably has a similar method to re-pack content while changing the title ID but I'm a Wii U hacker, not a Wii one, so can't help you with that.

//EDIT: Also DLC and Updates won't work anymore in case you change the title ID, so you will have to change their title IDs to match again, too.
I just went with a different region. On Wii, I think there was a tool in WiiBackupManager, or maybe I used ISO Renamer. I don't remember. There are so many programs across all platforms, that I have to relearn them each time I switch back to another console lol.

Reactions: V10lator

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Good idea. Thanks, dude. lol I didn't even think of that. I assumed the EUR release would have MORE censorship, but I think they are the same.
Post automatically merged:

WiiUDownloader only has the "trial version" of the EUR version. lol back to square 1.

Glad it worked out for ya. I would have said the same thing about the "Demo" as Ettino did but I hadn't been back here until now to see if any further help was needed. :)

Reactions: V10lator

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I assumed the EUR release would have MORE censorship, but I think they are the same.
As I'm from germany and we have the hardest censorsip / youth protection rules of the EU (that's why game developers follow our censorship for EUR releases or do an extra release for germany only) I looked onto german Wikipedia and translated with DeepL:
In contrast to the Playstation 2 and XBOX version, the characters in this version are simply more mature and larger. A new ending song was used. And the characters have all been given new voices in the western versions.
Note that I assumed you're talkin about this game: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatal_Frame_II:_Crimson_Butterfly
Also note that there are more changes to thr PS2 and XBOX version but these should be equal at all regions, the quote is just about the censorship. Now I don't know how the US release is censored, so it would be nice if you could tell us this so people landing here from google know the answer, too. :)
Lastly I assume the western versions are USA and EUR, so voices should be equal.

PhilTheStampede

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I'm from germany and we have the hardest censorsip / youth protection rules of the EU (that's why game developers follow our censorship for EUR releases or do an extra release for germany only) I looked onto german Wikipedia and translated with DeepL:

Note that I assumed you're talkin about this game: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatal_Frame_II:_Crimson_Butterfly
Also note that there are more changes to thr PS2 and XBOX version but these should be equal at all regions, the quote is just about the censorship. Now I don't know how the US release is censored, so it would be nice if you could tell us this so people landing here from google know the answer, too. :)
Lastly I assume the western versions are USA and EUR, so voices should be equal.
It's the WiiU Maiden of the Dark Water game. According to the Censorship wiki, the international versions are the same. For Project Zero 2, there was a remake for Wii, which I uncensored and figured a way to get both onto the Wii. The PS2/Xbox versions, I have not looked into in terms of censorship patches. I haven't gotten into either console's FTP for a few years. I ran out of space on the PS2 hard drive lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto