Wii U Pro Controller won't sync after Tiramisu softmod

stewielives

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi all.
I recently upgraded my old Haxchi softmod to the more current Tiramisu mod outlined on wiiu.hacks.guide
I didn't have CBHC installed, so just removed the patched DS games and any associated saves.

Since the softmod, I am unable to sync Wii U Pro controllers. Wii Remotes sync fine.
I was able to test this as the Pro Controller synced before the softmod would still connect - a new one would not. I cleared all Wii Remote pairings, and only the Wii Remotes would pair. Even the old Pro Controller which was working no longer syncs.
I've tried Pro Controller resets etc. to no avail.
Both Pro Controllers will pair with my MAGIC-NS adapter, so it can't be the controllers.

I installed Bloopair when I did the softmod - not sure if that changes anything. Have since removed it and no change.

Can anyone shed any light? I can't find similar problems elsewhere.
If not a fix, maybe a workaround using PC to program the controllers to the Wii U's bluetooth address?

Thanks.

Reactions: carlosomar222

SonicMC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had an afterglow wii u controller that stopped syncing to my wii u when I started using Bloopair with tiramisu. I found when I booted my Wii U without the hack (without the SD card in the slot. Then I could pair that controller. Once it was paired. I could power off the system and boot it with sd card in and tiramisu/bloopair enabled. The controller would now correctly connect to the wii u. (If I synced the controller to another system/pc. then I would would probably have to repeat the whole process to get it to work once again on the wii u.)

stewielives

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I found when I booted my Wii U without the hack (without the SD card in the slot. Then I could pair that controller.

Thank you, SonicMC.
I logged back onto this forum just now to report exactly that (had not seen your post previously).
Can confirm that booting console with SD card ejected allows pairings of third party Wii U Pro Controllers. I just let it go to the users select screen after the payload failed to launch. Very simple.
Not sure if the issue is with Tiramisu or Bloopair (I uninstalled Bloopair), but at least there is a simple workaround.
Thanks, all.

Welshgamer101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had an afterglow wii u controller that stopped syncing to my wii u when I started using Bloopair with tiramisu. I found when I booted my Wii U without the hack (without the SD card in the slot. Then I could pair that controller. Once it was paired. I could power off the system and boot it with sd card in and tiramisu/bloopair enabled. The controller would now correctly connect to the wii u. (If I synced the controller to another system/pc. then I would would probably have to repeat the whole process to get it to work once again on the wii u.)
Many thanks for the Info, I just recently got into WiiU and had this very problem + now all good thanks to your post !! Nice one...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still have but it's like $10 cookies honestly not a bad deal for $5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    Veho @ Veho: "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.