Skip Tiramisu update folder prompt without synced gamepad

eliotOK

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I installed Tiramisu this evening on a used Wii U I recently got. Everything went well, and afterwards I decided to do the whole "Delete all Users and Settings" thing in the Wii U menu (it still had the old owner's info on it). When I did that, it rebooted, but I get the red Tiramisu prompt of "Warning, the update folder currently exists... (A) continue (B) don't show again" Since I was doing a factory reset, the Wii U gamepad is not connected, and it says "Turn on the TV and the Wii U console...", but, when I turn on the Wii U, I'm stuck on the Tiramisu red screen warning.

Is there a way to skip or disable the Tiramisu warning without a Wii U gamepad synced?

OR, is there a way to sync the Wii U gamepad while on this screen (pushing the Sync buttons gets me to the "enter the symbols stage" on the gamepad, but it wouldn't connect when I tried all possible combos)?

OR, can I sync/use another controller (I have a wiimote and a bunch of bluetooth/RF controllers)?

If not, is there a way to sort of reset things and try again?

Edit: Solved! I just removed the SD card and restarted and it didn't load the Tiramisu screen. From there I was able to continue the console's setup.

Last edited by eliotOK,

Firefighterdad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I installed Tiramisu this evening on a used Wii U I recently got. Everything went well, and afterwards I decided to do the whole "Delete all Users and Settings" thing in the Wii U menu (it still had the old owner's info on it). When I did that, it rebooted, but I get the red Tiramisu prompt of "Warning, the update folder currently exists... (A) continue (B) don't show again" Since I was doing a factory reset, the Wii U gamepad is not connected, and it says "Turn on the TV and the Wii U console...", but, when I turn on the Wii U, I'm stuck on the Tiramisu red screen warning.

Is there a way to skip or disable the Tiramisu warning without a Wii U gamepad synced?

OR, is there a way to sync the Wii U gamepad while on this screen (pushing the Sync buttons gets me to the "enter the symbols stage" on the gamepad, but it wouldn't connect when I tried all possible combos)?

OR, can I sync/use another controller (I have a wiimote and a bunch of bluetooth/RF controllers)?

If not, is there a way to sort of reset things and try again?

Edit: Solved! I just removed the SD card and restarted and it didn't load the Tiramisu screen. From there I was able to continue the console's setup.
Thank you so much I had the same problem! You Rock!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4