Hacking Homebrew Black Screen While Trying To Install Tiramisu

LonelyApe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So after being in storage for a few years I recently pulled out my PAL Wii U (Black) to install Tiramisu. I've been following the guide that everyone recommends (Wii U Hacks Guide) as well as a recently added step by step guide by Blaine Locklair on YT called "Use This Simple Guide To Jailbreak Your Wii U FAST".

I bought a genuine 32GB SanDisk SDHC. I formatted it to FAT32 as the guides said and followed the instructions to the letter. Everything went to plan until I reached the Tiramisu Boot Selector section after installing the PayloadLoader and setting it to Autoboot.

Both guides said that after setting the PayloadLoader to auto boot, restart the console and then once the Environment Loader loads to select Y on "Tiramisu" and then press A. I did this and then my screen went black with the console still on. The Tiramisu Boot Selector didn't load and there was no red warning screen. The screen just went black but the console was still powered on.

I left it for a few minutes and nothing changed. I turned it off and back on again but it booted into a black screen after showing the Wii U logo for a few seconds. Eventually I was able to get to PayloadLoader settings by pressing + while booting and setting it to boot to the Wii U home screen.

I opened up the browser and went to the "wiiuexploit" website to try and select Tiramisu again but the screen just said "Don't run the EnviromentLoader twice."

I then tried uninstalling the PayloadLoader and reinstalling but now anytime I try running the exploit from the "wiiuexploit" website I just get "Don't run the EnviromentLoader twice."

I have now uninstalled the PayloadLoader again the Wii U seems to be back to normal with it booting straight into the home screen and the Mii Maker and Health And Safety apps working correctly.

Does anyone see where I went wrong and what options I have? I was thinking I should just reformat the SD card and start again to see if that changes anything but I thought I'd ask here first just incase anyone has any better suggestions or if they've come across this issue before.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've owned this Wii U since I bought it new and this is the first time I've tried installing any homebrew software.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto