Margen67

Dirty entited pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omg! the randomizer is banned! why?

so many are getting banned, probably because as piracy as spiced up, more want the rom, iso and wud :(
it even happened with me, but I was banned for short time :P

and I learnt my lesson

I hope others do

anyways, back to piracy
If I ever get banned, please..
TELL MY FAMILY I LOVE THEM!

Last edited by Margen67, , Reason: use this against me please :)

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My thoughts on Piracy as a whole...it can give someone the opportunity to try a game out and decide if they want to pay for it....yes, there is going to be a (large) amount of people that pirate games, keep the pirated games and never pay for the retail copy....Piracy has introduced me to games (as well as movies, tv shows, and music) that I never thought that I would enjoy or have interest in and ended up making me a fan of it enough to buy it. There has also been times I would pirate a "leaked" version of something just to get it early and enjoy it until the retail version comes out. With KoRn, if the album gets leaked early, i'll download it, but I still buy the CDs when they come out (and rip the CDs to MP3 to keep on a media player). With games, I've downloaded "leaked" games even after paying for a reserved copy (when I reserve games, I pay for them, not just the $5 deposit). Piracy in TV shows introduced me to shows such as True Blood, Dexter and Breaking Bad...all shows that I have ended up buying on Blu-Ray. Do I buy everything I pirate? No, because some things I end up not liking and typically just deleting the content off my hard drive. Has there been things I've pirated that I enjoyed and not paid for? Of course, but that doesn't mean that I didn't want to pay for it, it just means I hadn't gotten around to it or don't want to pay the full price and would rather wait for a sale. I had Destiny on PS3 since it was released and didn't end up paying for a copy on PS4 until about 6 months later....but, I did buy it along with all the DLC for it....had I not pirated Destiny to begin with, I never would have bought 2 $20 DLCs or the $40 DLC...not only that, I ended up enjoying the game so much, I bought a second PS4 which was the Destiny Taken King Edition. Piracy can mean sales.....but it can also mean lost sales. (However, I hate when people say that piracy is no different than stealing an item from WalMart.....it's not...if I download a game that Walmart has on their shelf, they still have that game on the shelf for someone else to buy.....I didn't prevent them from making money on that sale...)

Reactions: Margen67

Shishio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(However, I hate when people say that piracy is no different than stealing an item from WalMart.....it's not...if I download a game that Walmart has on their shelf, they still have that game on the shelf for someone else to buy.....I didn't prevent them from making money on that sale...)
Agree with what I didn't quote, but your view is a bit skewed. You are correct that Walmart still has their physical copy, but you blatantly prevented them from making money on your sale. If even only 100 people have the attitude "someone else can buy the copy that I could have bought now..." you understand where this is going. I'm a manager at Wal-Mart, not holier than thou, just clearing up the fact.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

rufuszombot

Assassin
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only pirate what I wouldn't purchase anyway. If there's 100% chance of me not buying it, I will pirate it. Or if it's not available in my region, or if it's out in another region first. Then I will most likely purchase it at some point after it is released. But those are just my practices; I'm sure most of the people who do pirate are only in it to not have to spend money (like the people who are upset that you need SSB for Loadiine). Piracy is a tricky subject. And most who do it will try to justify it in one way or another (which I guess I just did) even if they know they shouldn't be doing it.

Reactions: Margen67

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only pirate what I wouldn't purchase anyway. If there's 100% chance of me not buying it, I will pirate it. Or if it's not available in my region, or if it's out in another region first. Then I will most likely purchase it at some point after it is released. But those are just my practices; I'm sure most of the people who do pirate are only in it to not have to spend money (like the people who are upset that you need SSB for Loadiine). Piracy is a tricky subject. And most who do it will try to justify it in one way or another (which I guess I just did) even if they know they shouldn't be doing it.
If you're not going to buy it then why pirate it? :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Skelletonike first time I hear of stellar blade