Hardware Wii U orange light not in manual?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
do you have standy downloads turned off in the options?
No, but it's not actually downloading anything as far as I can tell.
Yeah I could be wrong, but I think that's what it's like for me too. I don't pay attention, I just shut it off. It's orange for a little bit but then it does go white. Doesn't bug me.
You mean red?

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It means Marcan is probing to see if his hack works on updated Wii U, lol. I do what I want and then shut off and unplug.

uyjulian

Homebrewer
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
That explains why Nintendo didn't put it in the manual. It would be filtered. :lol:
Lol, I made a mistake xD
Uh what? No

Blue = Powered On
Orange = Standby
Red = Powered Off
Black = Nothing. it means you don't have your WiiU plugged into the outlet :/
If Red = Powered Off, the why is the red light on and why does the wii remote's power button work?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
If Red = Powered Off, the why is the red light on and why does the wii remote's power button work?
It's kinda like when your TV still responds to your remote control's request to turn back on. It's "off" but it still draws a very, very minimal amount of power. It all depends on what your definition of "off" with many modern electronics. If you look at it you're way, there's just no way to really turn the Wii U off without unplugging it ... which doesn't really count. In that case I'd say the "black" light should just be interpreted as "power failure" instead of "off."

uyjulian

Homebrewer
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
It's kinda like when your TV still responds to your remote control's request to turn back on. It's "off" but it still draws a very, very minimal amount of power. It all depends on what your definition of "off" with many modern electronics. If you look at it you're way, there's just no way to really turn the Wii U off without unplugging it ... which doesn't really count. In that case I'd say the "black" light should just be interpreted as "power failure" instead of "off."
Yeah, there's many ways...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-