Hacking Wii U Homebrew Situation and FAQ

Ailuros27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can downgrade that? I didn't think even the 3DS could downgrade? How?

Edit: That's what I thought. Otherwise I'd upgrade, get Earthbound Beginnings, Smash DLC, and Splatoon Update, then downgrade.

BENETNATH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi folks,
old reader but new poster here.
i just wanted to better understand the actual situation and what are the next steps of homebrew.

From what i've read (correct me when/if i'm wrong, please):
1) userspace exploit on 5.3.2 released (5.4.0 not stabilized yet)
2) kernel exploit is WIP but seems promising - it might be not released as it can atm allow online cheating
3) IOSU exploit are also WIP , but i don't know the actual status

I'm looking after a possibility to dump my actual geniuine disc, and read them without inserting them.
I've been using that on my wii, through wiiflow and that surely saved the discs, as we used it a lot, and switched them quite often.

what would be needed to get a disc dumper and switcher on the wii u ? 1 + 2 + 3?
I know that piracy is also linked to this statement, even if it's not my way of using this kind of tool, so i would totally understand if i have to remove this particular point.

thank you readers and also dev, to bring some hope of using the WiiU at its best potential :)

neobrain

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi folks,
old reader but new poster here.
i just wanted to better understand the actual situation and what are the next steps of homebrew.

From what i've read (correct me when/if i'm wrong, please):
1) userspace exploit on 5.3.2 released (5.4.0 not stabilized yet)
2) kernel exploit is WIP but seems promising - it might be not released as it can atm allow online cheating
3) IOSU exploit are also WIP , but i don't know the actual status

I'm looking after a possibility to dump my actual geniuine disc, and read them without inserting them.
I've been using that on my wii, through wiiflow and that surely saved the discs, as we used it a lot, and switched them quite often.

what would be needed to get a disc dumper and switcher on the wii u ? 1 + 2 + 3?
I know that piracy is also linked to this statement, even if it's not my way of using this kind of tool, so i would totally understand if i have to remove this particular point.

thank you readers and also dev, to bring some hope of using the WiiU at its best potential :)

Backup loading probably requires full IOS U access, so does dumping raw discs probably. Dumping disc filesystem contents should be possible with kernel exploits.

A method for dumping disc contents will likely be published eventually, whereas no one is actively working on backup loading.

BENETNATH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ok, so seems quite far away :)
anyway, we will continue enjoying 5 players couch gaming (wii u rocks for that) and trying to preserve our discs

thanks you for your reply

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Whenever we decide to possibly release a kernel exploit :P
I see, its moved to "possibly" now!!! Its gradually going down hill by the sound of things. The rate your moving WiiKeyU will be back on the scene after the next big Gateway release and everyone will of forgot about the "WiiU Homebrew" and you guys will just look a bit silly if your not careful!

Last edited by Reecey,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see, its moved to "possibly" now!!! Its gradually going down hill by the sound of things. The rate your moving WiiKeyU will be back on the scene after the next big Gateway release and everyone will of forgot about the "WiiU Homebrew" and you guys will just look a bit silly if your not careful!

Do I detect embitterment or am I hallucinating? You do have a point though, because "possibly" is not 100% definitive.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Please keep raging for another 30 pages; I'm sure people are already looking forward to releasing free things for people who just bitch around without achieving anything by themselves ;)
the ignore button was chosen on that guy a year ago. i'm impressed you havent done that yet.

that aside, you're working on wii u homebrew now?

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know could be a bit of both. I just heard that the guys from the GW team will be working back on the WiiKeyU after the next update.
Yeah they are. Word is next update will have critical firmware patches and serious webkit patches. It would make complete sense to get working on a hardware hack when the softmods get stifled.

Reactions: Reecey

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah they are. Word is next update will have critical firmware patches and serious webkit patches. It would make complete sense to get working on a hardware hack when the softmods get stifled.
Thanks FE, yeah I think people thought I was just being nasty and flaming with my comment but I wasn't, its what I have been told. They have to be very careful something like this will happen in a very short period of time and very quickly and then bamn the homebrew side will just be a dead horse!

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hello,I am a new in this websit.

i'm sorry for my english,i'm french

the kernel exploit is exploitable now,but there are bug,when it will be released?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I havent finished watching it so no spoilers pls