Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

Piluvr

Yeeeet
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what´s with this screenshot by Smealum?

CZcRvewUsAAGRW9.jpg:large
I think hes working on HBL-U

joacosur15

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
yep, and the bootrom contains the expresso iv, whilst IOSU contains the starbuck iv (while we are talking about hardcoded crap :D )
What mean iv? Is an abbreviation of something? If I understand, in the boot0 you found the boot1 iv used to descript the first 0x10 bytes of the boot1? I love that shit is very interesting..

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What mean iv? Is an abbreviation of something? If I understand, in the boot0 you found the boot1 iv used to descript the first 0x10 bytes of the boot1? I love that shit is very interesting..

It's the initialization vector, something that's used with the key to perform decryption (in this case, of the first 0x10 bytes). It gives a bit more security, since the key isn't the only thing you need for decryption.

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
Why tubehax 107.211.140.065 dns not working in my wiiu plz help.i connected to the home wifi and putted this ip in dns.plz help
you need to elaborate what not working is
does it still trying to update despite you've set tubehax? or does your internet stop working after setting up tubehax?
and did you set tubehax on the wii u itself or on the router?

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

oPolo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Presumably, it was reverse-engineered out of boot0, which has been possible to dump for almost 2 years.

Well, that was embarassing <_< Of course whatever that decrypts it needs to have the IV, and thus he got it from there. Maybe it was good that I got some sleep after writing it ;_;
None the less, thanks for the response mate!

MN1 already answered you on what an IV is. Anyway, if you find it interesting, you should begin reading up on it - it is indeed very interesting!
Here is a good example for, why you need to utilize your cipher in a way that uses an IV: http://i.stack.imgur.com/bXAUL.png

Electronic Code Book mode (ECB) is one where you just encrypt your plaintext blocks each for themselves, so every white group of pixels becomes the same encrypted something else, etc. As you can see, it is still pretty easy to see the places that was white before, as all identical blocks all have the new same color/look now. Chain Block Cipher mode (and pretty much all other modes) on the other hand also utilises the value of the earlier block in the encryption of the new block, thus two identical blocks will never look the same.
The trick here is that the very first block we encrypt, will have no block before it, which has a value we can use in the encryption of this block. Thus we need an initialisation vector.
Its really fundamental cryptology, and if you like it - read up on it! Modes of operation for ciphers are one of the easiest concepts to grasp as a start, as it involves no math really. (So gogogo :) )

Last edited by oPolo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: These videos are soooo dry