Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

davetheshrew

Trophies
XP
Country
can someone with the right knowledge tell me the chances of getting the bluray drive to read bluray movies when iosu hits? much like dvdx did for wii.

EpicLPer

Your friendly Austrian IT Guy
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
I don't think he's online anymore, haven't seen him in a while......Is there any other way to change that, and a lot of other stuff that's wrong?
Instead of @raulpica going viral and removing posts here he could give some Wii U hacking guys write access to this thread so they can finally update infos here. Or even me since I'm nearly hourly online and also well informed here lol.

EstPC13

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Instead of @raulpica going viral and removing posts here he could give some Wii U hacking guys write access to this thread so they can finally update infos here. Or even me since I'm nearly hourly online and also well informed here lol.
And with such an important thread, they should allow users with privilegies to edit these, just checked fifat's recent activity. He gave up on GBATemp

EstPC13

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Back on topic, we know that smea might be developing a hbc u, which is cool, but are you other devs planning anything for us?@Marionumber1, and now we know that you have your own exploit, plutto and smea too, the more the better.

zecoxao

Trophies
XP
Country
a little update to the IOSU exploit. i've talked to hykem about it and, even though the IOSU part is done, the ROP from webkit needs porting to the several firmwares.
So, here is the current status:
Version 3.0.1 (the version hykem is at) is currently 100% done.
Version 5.3.2 needs to be ported, but is currently being worked on by him
Version 5.5.0/5.5.1 is done, but needs some adjustments.
Any other version not being mentioned here is not ready yet.

davetheshrew

Trophies
XP
Country
a little update to the IOSU exploit. i've talked to hykem about it and, even though the IOSU part is done, the ROP from webkit needs porting to the several firmwares.
So, here is the current status:
Version 3.0.1 (the version hykem is at) is currently 100% done.
Version 5.3.2 needs to be ported, but is currently being worked on by him
Version 5.5.0/5.5.1 is done, but needs some adjustments.
Any other version not being mentioned here is not ready yet.
good to know, did he give any indication he was releasing in stages, or all in one package?

Reactions: KiiWii

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the update @zecoxao .

I noticed @Joonie86 liked your status and got me thinking how if any PS3 firmware devs might have a crack at Wii U after the is drops? (Hopefully not Hishamage or whatever the hell he was called)

Rebug have always delievered quality custom firmware, and the thought of a rebug team cfw for wii u could be amazing!

Anyone else?

Reactions: jammybudga777

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the update @zecoxao .

I noticed @Joonie86 liked your status and got me thinking how if any PS3 firmware devs might have a crack at Wii U after the is drops? (Hopefully not Hishamage or whatever the hell he was called)

Rebug have always delievered quality custom firmware, and the thought of a rebug team cfw for wii u could be amazing!

Anyone else?
Rebug cfw would be great but I doubt we will see any cfw for the wii u tbh

EstPC13

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
I actually think that 5.5.1 shpuld be top priority, since that's the latest oke, everyone could just get there, install iosu and put tubehax. Only my opinion, I'm on 5.5.0 so that probably affects my point of view

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
I actually think that 5.5.1 shpuld be top priority, since that's the latest oke, everyone could just get there, install iosu and put tubehax. Only my opinion, I'm on 5.5.0 so that probably affects my point of view
So you think everyone should drop what they have already started doing just to start on 5.5.1

Last edited by jammybudga777,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVUjbpqsE_M