Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a little update to the IOSU exploit. i've talked to hykem about it and, even though the IOSU part is done, the ROP from webkit needs porting to the several firmwares.
Version 5.5.0/5.5.1 is done, but needs some adjustments.

Adjustments will be made to enhance the user experience!

Onion_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
a little update to the IOSU exploit. i've talked to hykem about it and, even though the IOSU part is done, the ROP from webkit needs porting to the several firmwares.
So, here is the current status:
Version 3.0.1 (the version hykem is at) is currently 100% done.
Version 5.3.2 needs to be ported, but is currently being worked on by him
Any other version not being mentioned here is not ready yet.
Thats great news from several standpoints. Any dev that wants to write compatible code for 5.3.2 and 5.4 will be able to use the mp4 exploit and that will help to make sure that it will run on both OS's. Currently the heap address on 5.3.2 isn't known and makes it difficult to do a dual release that runs on both.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

5.3.2=5.4.0 except for 1 webkit exploit so if it's ported to 5.3.2 that means it's also ported to 5.4.0

So thats mostly true, however, kernel addresses in memory aren't in the same location, hence the difficulting porting loadiine V4 and GX2.

Reactions: memomo and zecoxao

zecoxao

Trophies
XP
Country
Thats great news from several standpoints. Any dev that wants to write compatible code for 5.3.2 and 5.4 will be able to use the mp4 exploit and that will help to make sure that it will run on both OS's. Currently the heap address on 5.3.2 isn't known and makes it difficult to do a dual release that runs on both.
5.3.2 is also being worked on because some people have devkits on that version so, naturally, we want the dev keys :P

soniczx123

Trophies
XP
Country

So obfuscation is completed on 5.5.0/5.5.1 5.3.2 and 3.0.1?

D

Deleted-355425

will the 3.0.1 also work with 3.1.0 do you think?

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So thats mostly true, however, kernel addresses in memory aren't in the same location, hence the difficulting porting loadiine V4 and GX2.
Remember that IOSU doesn't need kernel to be exploited, so this is irrelevant.

Reactions: AboodXD and memomo

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Remember that IOSU doesn't need kernel to be exploited, so this is irrelevant.

Uhmmm I think you didn't know what he meant, he was talking about kernel addresses used for example in Loadiine v4, at least one of them was changed in 5.4.0 hence we couldn't make that version of Loadiine work that time.
It's not about access level, it's about addresses that we were using before that now are being used by some app by default.

n00b2015

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
hi. i know this is offtopic but i need quick answer. So, do you need to dump NAND everytime you bathax wii u or is it the previous the same. Firmware didn`t change.
i appreciate

Last edited by n00b2015,
D

Deleted User

hi. i know this is offtopic but i need quick answer. So, do you need to dump NAND everytime you bathax wii u or is it the previous the same.
i appreciate
BatHaxx has nothing to do with the NAND in general. The exploit savedata does, however, write the homebrew channel to the NAND, but you don't have to make a NAND dump everytime. Just once will do in case of brick or something...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, :wacko: