Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

rednekcowboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't understand why everyone is getting butthurt. I'm not questioning anyone's morals, however when someone states that piracy is the devil and compares it to murder and stealing cars, something needs to be said. Also when people that have no idea what piracy is really and how it came to be this big, evil thing then they should be corrected and educated.

If anyone and I mean anyone chooses to with-hold an exploit that they put their blood, sweat and tears into making, that is their choice and they are well within their rights to do so. I'm just saying don't BS yourself and everyone else using the piracy excuse. It's a fallacy. Just grow the cohones and say "Hell ya, I hacked that mofo wide open. I did it for me and my buddies" or better yet, instead of looking for epeen/recognition from the masses/fame/fortune/whatever just keep it to yourself. I mean you honestly have to know when you start out by saying "we hacked/are hacking it" exactly what is going to come next.

Let's all use a little common sense here people.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm going with the WiiKeyU solution because by the time an exploit comes out, the community still has to work getting game dumps to load. That could take anywhere between a few weeks to years. I'd rather buy the hard mod first then wait over a year to be able to play my 'backups'.

Now that you are mentioning it, do you know the estimated release date of the WiiKeyU?

ddrrmm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having access to everything a licensed Wii U developer could do is barely even a sandbox in my eyes.

You are right. And unfortunately this points out exactly why this is not interesting enough for everyone.
Lots of people here are just waiting for the Chinese to get the job done at this point.

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lots of people saying we (or anyone else) is holding an exploit from release? Chadderz has already stated his reason for not releasing (and also when he'll release his). We're still tweaking. Nobody's holding anything from anyone.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lots of people saying we (or anyone else) is holding an exploit from release? Chadderz has already stated his reason for not releasing (and also when he'll release his). We're still tweaking. Nobody's holding anything from anyone.

Well, there is Team f0f, they seem to be holding something back aren't they? I thought Chadderz saidd he's not going to release the exploit due to piracy, but...that he's releasing the exploit when it's ready? That doesn't make sense to me, either he's releasing it or he's not, I'm bloody confused now. Who's releasing what, if anything at all? People are saying there are hackers out there that withhold exploit/hack release due to unsubstantiated fears on piracy or that it's an excuse not to release something after bragging about it, or so the stories go. I don't even know what the hell is going on. I thought Chadderz was hellbent on not releasing anything, despite making a teaser video for it. I don't know who I can trust anymore.

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, there is Team f0f, they seem to be holding something back aren't they? I thought Chadderz saidd he's not going to release the exploit due to piracy, but...that he's releasing the exploit when it's ready? That doesn't make sense to me, either he's releasing it or he's not, I'm bloody confused now. Who's releasing what, if anything at all? People are saying there are hackers out there that withhold exploit/hack release due to unsubstantiated fears on piracy or that it's an excuse not to release something after bragging about it, or so the stories go. I don't even know what the hell is going on. I thought Chadderz was hellbent on not releasing anything, despite making a teaser video for it. I don't know who I can trust anymore.

Team f0f did their hacking for research, and documented their outcomes as a sort of public curiosity.
Chadderz has said he'll release his exploit as part of a package with custom content for MK8. He won't be releasing it on its own, and will be heavily obfuscating it. This is if nobody else releases their own exploit first, though. He said this somewhere in the MK8 hacking thread.

I don't know who these 'people' are who are saying hackers are withholding stuff, because that's not true. It would seem that there are probably 2-3 other groups/individuals working on a kernel exploit besides MN1 and co, but they haven't said anything publicly and might as well not exist as well as anyone here is concerned.

Trust the actual developers (myself, marionumber1, chadderz, etc etc) who pop in now and then and say how things we are. We're all generally in contact and can right any misinformation floating about.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Team f0f did their hacking for research, and documented their outcomes as a sort of public curiosity.
Chadderz has said he'll release his exploit as part of a package with custom content for MK8. He won't be releasing it on its own, and will be heavily obfuscating it. This is if nobody else releases their own exploit first, though. He said this somewhere in the MK8 hacking thread.

I don't know who these 'people' are who are saying hackers are withholding stuff, because that's not true. It would seem that there are probably 2-3 other groups/individuals working on a kernel exploit besides MN1 and co, but they haven't said anything publicly and might as well not exist as well as anyone here is concerned.

Trust the actual developers (myself, marionumber1, chadderz, etc etc) who pop in now and then and say how things we are. We're all generally in contact and can right any misinformation floating about.

In the end, I would love to see the Wii U hacked and enable homebrew on it. such as region lock removal, modding game levels, characters, etc, better N64/PSX emulators, and firmware spoofing. That's what I would love to see someday, to what extent that can be achieved remains to be seen. A year ago, there was very little interest, if any, in Wii U hacking, but, it would seem interest is slowly picking up for the Wii U hacking scene, and for whatever it's worth (which isn't much coming from me or given my shaky past on here), I apologize for my unjustified skepticism.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
In the end, I would love to see the Wii U hacked and enable homebrew on it. such as region lock removal, modding game levels, characters, etc, better N64/PSX emulators, and firmware spoofing. That's what I would love to see someday, to what extent that can be achieved remains to be seen. A year ago, there was very little interest, if any, in Wii U hacking, but, it would seem interest is slowly picking up for the Wii U hacking scene, and for whatever it's worth (which isn't much coming from me or given my shaky past on here), I apologize for my unjustified skepticism.

This and so much this.
Don't forget DS. :D

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, here's hoping the actual developers will show up in the nearest feature.

These are actual developers, and they have shown up, no need to speak to them in such a derisive manner. They know what they're doing, don't act like you're the voice of everyone on here. You'd do well to remember that.

Chujowski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
What are your opinions of the Wii's homebrew situation?

Used for homebrew and used for piracy. Some devs refuse to release their exploits due to fears of piracy, other devs look for exploits for the entire purpose of piracy. Honestly, the second the first few batches of the WiiKeyU are shipped out, the devs will just release the exploits. It'll kill the sales of the WiiKeyU and hopefully attract more people to the homebrewing community.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Used for homebrew and used for piracy. Some devs refuse to release their exploits due to fears of piracy, other devs look for exploits for the entire purpose of piracy. Honestly, the second the first few batches of the WiiKeyU are shipped out, the devs will just release the exploits. It'll kill the sales of the WiiKeyU and hopefully attract more people to the homebrewing community.

Again, even if any of us did release an exploit, the only ones we have are kernel exploits. The only thing that would enable is cheating, ala Bean and Chadderz' demonstrations. It does nothing good to release it as-is, in fact it actually makes it worse. PIRACY IS NOT POSSIBLE WITH A KERNEL EXPLOIT. We'd have to work on an exploit for IOSU to enable piracy, which would take twice as long as now, even if we all work together. It's not going to happen the way you skriddies think it is. Just let the professionals do their work and we'll see what happens in the near future, assuming the ODE developers actually decide to release something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol